Profile for Ioannis Alexiadis > Reviews

Content by Ioannis Alexiadis

Ioannis Alexiadis

Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition (PS3)
Offered by DVDGAMING DIRECT

4.0 out of 5 stars The Collector's Edition rules!, 1 Dec 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
After having already written a review about the game, this one will be about the edition. It is simply brilliant! The extra cars are a great thing to have and the Apex magazine is very good if you have time to read it. Definitely a must have for all GT fans! If you're thinking of buying the game buy this edition!

Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Offered by JosephGaming

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not perfect, 1 Dec 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) (Video Game)
I've been reading this game's reviews for the past week waiting for my copy to arrive in order to see why so many people are complaining. Let me first say I'm an avid GT fan and therefore I absolutely love this game! It's extreme fun, the physics are amazing, the depth is incredible and it definitely is the best overall console driving game. Only downside, for me at least, are the very bad shadows which are very, very pixelated! I hope an update fixes that because it really is a pity. Yes, the Standard cars don't have interiors, it takes some time to unlock certain features, cars and circuits but those things don't bother me much. Everything must be looked into context and this is a massive game feature-wise. I'm 100% sure Polyphony has what it takes to have created a perfect game but I think that wouldn't fit in 1 blu-ray disc!

I've also read many people complain about the graphics way too much probably forgetting GT was never about graphics but physics! There are other racing games out there with much better graphics but much worse physics so each choose as they will. Personally I'm all for the physics and I therefore love this game!

Mafia II (PS3)
Mafia II (PS3)
Offered by passionFlix UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 9 Sep 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mafia II (PS3) (Video Game)
Before starting let me say my review may contain spoilers!

I m a massive fan of Mafia-related films, games, shows, everything and when I heard Mafia II was coming out I was very excited! I was hoping the story would be like Godfather I where you start from nothing and become the boss. I read the game description on the back of the case before buying it (I would buy it anyway though) and read "quickly escalating up the family ladder" so I thought the story would indeed be what I hoped so got even more excited! However, that s not how things are. You never get any higher than a made man and that s really annoying. The story is pretty good but then the final blow comes! The end! It s just terrible! It leaves the game incomplete, it comes very very soon and it just leaves you thinking someone is playing with you. That basically ruins the whole game! Such ends are alright in films etc where art comes into play but in games it s not the same. Games must have an end. With the right ending the game would be 5 stars but now it s only 3. Really disappointing! I only hope there will be a dlc or something to continue the story because waiting another 5-6 years for Mafia III is ridiculous.

The Godfather I still remains the best Mafia game!

Knight Rider 2 (PS2)
Knight Rider 2 (PS2)
Offered by multimedia-online

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 9 Jan 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Knight Rider 2 (PS2) (Video Game)
After playing the first one and getting a bit disappointed, i must admit the second one pleased me much more! It s longer, much less boring and i have fun playing it. It certainly could be made better but i doubt the manufacturers wanted it to be. That s a must have game for Knight Rider fans!

ERTL Knight Rider K.I.T.T ER33844 Joyride 1/18 Diecast Model Car
ERTL Knight Rider K.I.T.T ER33844 Joyride 1/18 Diecast Model Car

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 5 Jan 2008
I ve been looking for this die cast model (since i m a collector) for quite some time! It s really great to have, very nice looking but there are 1-2 negative things that really worth mentioning. 1 and most important, the car has a clutch which is very stupid because it s automatic! 2. i think it s a bit too high from the "road". I d definitely, still recommend it though!

Formula 1 2006 (PS2)
Formula 1 2006 (PS2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but still need work!, 8 Aug 2006
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Formula 1 2006 (PS2) (Video Game)
The game overall is very good. The car behaves very realisticly but there are still quite some issues.

First of all, the cars can be designed much better eg, Ferrari's rear wing plate should be white and not red. Same with the tyres. They can look much better and realistic.

2. On the settings of the car, the bar is red and once it goes over the black numbers you cant see your setting. The guys there should think to turn the numbers white once the red bar went over them.

Other than that, i liked the fact that the car can get damaged very easily which is quite realistic.

To conclude, the game is MUCH better than the 05 but there are still some issues (the ones mentioned above eg) that can be improved and make the game close to perfect!

Formula One 05 (PS2)
Formula One 05 (PS2)
Offered by media-4-u

4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed..., 29 Aug 2005
This review is from: Formula One 05 (PS2) (Video Game)
Leaving aside the car graphics (which i found worse than f1 04 but this is subjective), the game as a whole is very easy! I m one of the people who have completed the f1 04 and when i bought the f1 05 i was hoping of something much better. I started the career mode in medium difficulty, 20% race distance, skaled usage of tyres and fuel and after winning all races with red bull until turkey, when i went to BAR and found out i was 6 whole seconds faster than anyone per lap! Then, i restarted the career mode in hard and with Jordan this time i ve still won all races until now. Harder than before, but the result is the same. I wonder how fast i ll be when i move to Ferrari. Anyway, this makes me not really wanting to play the game as it gets a bit boring. On the other hand, at f1 04 it was much more difficult to win a race, even with Ferrari! I hope this issue will be fixed at F1 06.