Profile for thmetfc > Reviews

thmetfc

Great Expectations
Great Expectations

3.0 out of 5 stars Great story..but, 8 Jan 2014
I've only ever read one Dickens book before when I was a kid. 30 plus years ago. Thought I'd give this free book a go and see what I've missed.

The actual story is wonderful but I can't help thinking that it could have been told in half the time. Dickens does love a bit of flowering language which isn't really to my taste. Description is one thing but not at the expense of the story. I did find at times that my mind wandered a bit.

The Thirty-Nine Steps
The Thirty-Nine Steps

4.0 out of 5 stars Dont get me wrong, 14 Oct 2013
I did enjoy reading this book. But to be honest the Robert Donut film is so much better. Read the book and enjoy it. Then watch the film and enjoy it even more.

The War of the Worlds
The War of the Worlds

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget the film, 14 Oct 2013
Being a massive fan of the Jeff Wayne musical version I have always wanted to read this book. It amazes me how someone could have come up with this story so long ago. You have to marvel at the imagination of the author. It really is like reading a book from a more recent era.

The Time Machine (Enriched Classics (Pocket))
The Time Machine (Enriched Classics (Pocket))

4.0 out of 5 stars Always wanted to read, 14 Oct 2013
It is one of those books that you always think you should read. Seen the films and always wondered what the book was like. I now know that the Rod taylor is closer to the nook and more importantly I now know what a wonderful imagination HG Wells had.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 14 Oct 2013
Exactly what it says on the tin. I wanted a zip up sleeve for my Kindle and this is what I got. It was exactly what i wanted

David Mitchell: Back Story
David Mitchell: Back Story
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Honest, 14 Oct 2013
Very honest at times although I wouldn't say funny. If you are looking for a side splitting funny book this isnt it.

Saying that I quite enjoyed it and I do appreciate his very honest nature.

How I Won the Yellow Jumper: Dispatches from the Tour de France
How I Won the Yellow Jumper: Dispatches from the Tour de France
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Always find Ned Boulting Amusing, 26 Aug 2013
Being a big fan of cycling and the Tour de France in particular, I thought this would be a good book for me to read and to my pleasure I was right. Some interesting insight into the life of journalists on the road and to the Tour in general. Well worth a read if you like your cycling.

Fibber in the Heat
Fibber in the Heat
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 26 Aug 2013
thoroughly enjoyed this book. Although it does help to be a cricket fan, I think anyone who enjoys a laugh should fine this amusing. Well worth a read