Profile for mimi > Reviews

Simply Scandinavian
Simply Scandinavian
by Sara Norrman

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Simply Scandinavian (Hardcover)
A gorgeous book full of inspiring ideas and beautifully illustrated. Very much like the pared-down modern.
I'm already at the planning stage. So wish I had a rural retreat!

Joe's Small Garden Handbook
Joe's Small Garden Handbook
by Joe Swift

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 30 Jun 2014
This book is truly FA-BU-LOUS! I don't have any of his previous books and don't have a rural garden but a city one so this book is PERFECT. I suspected it might be when I looked inside before purchasing.
It only arrived this morning and already it's given me loads of ideas. Thank you Joe Swift, you have inspired me.

Pure Argan Oil. 100% Organic. 100ml. For Face Body Hair Nails
Pure Argan Oil. 100% Organic. 100ml. For Face Body Hair Nails
Offered by Billy in the Tree

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful oil., 5 Jun 2013
I have what is referred to as 'mature skin'. Normally when I get up in the morning my skin feels tight and in need of nourishment. I've used Argan Oil on my face, at night, 3 days running and it feels smooth rather than tight when I get up.
I haven't used it on my hair but it is great on hands that work hard in the garden.
The service is brilliant; I can't recommend the product or the company enough.

How to Create an Eco Garden: The Practical Guide to Greener, Planet-friendly Gardening
by John Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars Gardening books, 20 Jun 2012
This is the BEST gardening book I have EVER read, possessed, etc. etc. I have read a few, dipped into more than a few, and own a lot. If I could only had one, it would be this one.
It is very readable, clear, inspiring, informative and life-changing and beautifully illustrated with diagrams and photographs. LOVE IT.

Little House in the Suburbs: Backyard Farming and Home Skills for Self-Sufficient Living
by Deanna Caswell

5.0 out of 5 stars Realistic part-self-sufficiency, 9 Mar 2012
I was a little wary about ordering this book as all the reviews were from the USA. However... though the language is very American as is the 'legal information' etc., regarding goat keeping, where to find out what will grow in your area, etc., etc.; it is an excellent read and seriously informative. I have picked up tips and ideas, implemented some already, and bitten the bullet over my 18-month prevarication over keeping chickens and ordered a fox-proof coop with run and nesting box. I'm not up to making my own!
S.E. London or not, I wish I had space for a couple of goats!!
It's not a book that blinds you with science or suggests that you work 24/7; it's very un-daunting. You choose how far you want to go depending on the space you have, how much you want to do and how creaky your joints are.
There's also a section on making your own cleaning products, gifts and other things that look fun if you're so inclined. And lots of things that can involve the grandchildren.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosy toes, 12 Dec 2011
Ordered these as I suffer from chilblains and didn't want to have to take pills for the problem.
The moment my bare feet went in, I felt the smile spread across each of my red, swollen toes. HEAVEN is the word that springs to mind.
And I should mention that the price and service were excellent. Thank you very much.

Millions Like Us: Women's Lives in the Second World War
Millions Like Us: Women's Lives in the Second World War
by Virginia Nicholson

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book, 10 Aug 2011
A truly remarkable collection of accounts and analysis of the many and crucial roles played by women during the last war and the post-war years. An important book that should be read by everyone.

Johnny Coffin School-Dazed
Johnny Coffin School-Dazed
by John W Sexton

5.0 out of 5 stars Johnny Coffin, 11 July 2011
Johnny Coffin is my granddaughter's favourite character. She has both of the J Coffin books and would like Mr Sexton to write more!

Corridor of Uncertainty
Corridor of Uncertainty
by Paul Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars Corridor of Uncertainty, 11 July 2011
A beautiful book with haunting images, each of which tells a story. I go back to it regularly as I find it so inspiring.
Paul Hill is a truly great photographer.
The memory of the death of a spouse haunts you for the rest of your life; with stirrings of sadness and joy.

Severin Yoghurt Maker with extra set of jars & New Recipe Book Free
Severin Yoghurt Maker with extra set of jars & New Recipe Book Free

5.0 out of 5 stars Yoghurt maker, 11 July 2011
With my 9 year-old granddaughter, I made my first batch yesterday, and ate my first yoghurt this morning for breakfast. Very easy to make with wonderful results. A drop of honey or two and a handful of berries eaten in the garden, bliss.
Very glad I got the spare set of jars as I can't see the first batch lasting long.

Page: 1 | 2