ARRAY(0xac23f514)

Mike Oldfield - A Life Dedicated to Music
by Chris Dewey
Price: 19.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for any Oldfield fan !, 17 July 2013
Having been a fan of Mike Oldfield's unique brand of music for all of 40 years now I thought I'd read everything there was to know about Oldfield's remarkable career. That was probably the case until I read Chris Dewey's excellent book. If you've already read Oldfield's autobiography 'Changeling ' and like me it left you feeling a little depressed then this book is a good antidote . With insightful interviews and anecdotes from school friends, family members and musical collaborators it reveals a much happier and less isolated life of a true musical genius . Essential reading for any fan of the maestro .

Beauty and the Beast (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) [Region Free]
Beauty and the Beast (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Gary Trousdale
Offered by Cheap-Reads
Price: 79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 3D Disney Magic !, 5 Oct 2011
Beauty and the Beast has always been my favourite Disney film since I first saw it at the cinema 20 years ago (!)
Since then I must have watched it over a hundred times.On video with my children when they were young,in Imax some years later ,the excellent live stage production and then on DVD.
So when I heard Disney were making a 3D version from the original I was expecting,at best,something that looked like a 3D 'pop-up'book.
It has however far exceeded my expectations ! From the opening scene to the end titles the quality of the 3D is nothing short of amazing ! You would think it was originally made in 3D rather than a conversion 20 years on which made the whole viewing experience like watching it for the first time all over again !
Stunning 3D picture and beautiful sound make this special release very special indeed!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2011 9:50 AM BST