Profile for Becca > Reviews

Vanishing Acts
Vanishing Acts
by Jodi Picoult

4.0 out of 5 stars Picoult does it again, 28 May 2016
This review is from: Vanishing Acts (Paperback)
Jodi Picoult produces another well written and well researched book. The characters are interesting and I found I genuinely wanted to know what was going on and what they were thinking.

I enjoyed the different characters having their own chapters, it carried the story forward but provided a different angle on the situation.

The story was an interesting choice. Fathers in the 70's didn't have the parental rights they do now, so it made me think "what would I do?" if I had concerns about my child and I knew no one would listen?

Princess More Tears to Cry
Princess More Tears to Cry
by Jean Sasson

5.0 out of 5 stars Like catching up with an old friend, 28 May 2016
Jean Sasson has worked hard on this series with Princess Sultana and it shows. When I read this book, I felt like I was catching up with an old friend I hadn't seen in a long time and it was a good catch up.

The way women are treated is shocking and frankly unacceptable. It still continues and Princess Sultana takes the reader on another journey. Thoroughly recommend the book and series as its well written & provides a good insight into a way of life and culture

The Rescue
The Rescue
by Nicholas Sparks

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 16 May 2016
This review is from: The Rescue (Paperback)
I picked this up from my to read pile of books to take away with and am so glad I did. Standard Sparks - a story with people at the heart of it.

I enjoyed the honesty of how the mum struggles with her son. I enjoyed watching her make friends and trusting people.

Taggart - The 2009 Collection [DVD]
Taggart - The 2009 Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Blythe Duff
Offered by FREETIME

5.0 out of 5 stars Another cracker, 10 Mar. 2016
Another set of good episodes of a great Glaswegian drama

Mini Hot Water Bottle With Trendy Arran Jumper Cover
Mini Hot Water Bottle With Trendy Arran Jumper Cover

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size, 10 Mar. 2016
I use this at work due to back pain & it fits nicely under my hoodie

Taggart - 25th Anniversary Edition [2008] [DVD]
Taggart - 25th Anniversary Edition [2008] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Blythe Duff
Offered by RCDiscs

5.0 out of 5 stars There's been a murder!, 10 Mar. 2016
I'm loving Taggart, for the drama and the murders! But for the accent & scenes of Glasgow as well as I'm a Glaswegian stuck in England ;-)

Beauty And The Beast [DVD]
Beauty And The Beast [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gary Trousdale

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story and music, 4 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Beauty And The Beast [DVD] (DVD)
This has to be one of my top Disney films of all time. Great story and music

Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy (Episodes I-III) [DVD] [1999]
Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy (Episodes I-III) [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Ewan McGregor

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Star Wars, 4 Feb. 2015
Star Wars doesn't need an introduction! It was great when Lucas created the prequel trilogy as we met Darth Vader before his Darth days, when he was a sweet wee lad! Seeing Yoda fight was epic - my personal favourite!

The packaging is great and makes it easier for storage. Plus it beats the cardboard case of the last designed dvd sets - no wear and tear

The Other Woman [DVD]
The Other Woman [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cameron Diaz

4.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 4 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Other Woman [DVD] (DVD)
This film is about a woman finding out her husband is cheating on her, then befriending the mistress. They then become friends and spy on him when they suspect another affair and then the mayhem begins!

I thoroughly enjoyed this film, more than I expected. As it was made well, with a great cast the comedy and the serious parts were executed well it was amazing. If it wasn't such a strongly made film it could have been a disaster but credit to everyone involved who made it a must in my dvd collection.

Jumanji [DVD] [2002]
Jumanji [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Robin Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Robin Williams!, 4 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Jumanji [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
Jumanji was one of my favourite films as a kid, I recently watched it after many years and it hasn't lost its magic!

Based on a board game that gives the player more than they bargained for! A dangerous bunch of mischievous monkeys, a tiger or a hunter who wants to kill the person who rolled the dice! Amazing cast & film

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12