Profile for J. Goldsbrough > Reviews

Content by J. Goldsbrough

J. Goldsbrough (Harrogate)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
28 Teeth Elastic Gel Whitening Strips Professional Home Whitener Tooth Bleaching Mint Flavour
Offered by NutriBurn
Price: 6.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Not close to being as good as Crest Whitestrips, 14 Mar 2014
I have used Crest Whitestrips in the past and these are just not as good. They do not cover as big an area, and more importantly the glue they use is no where near as strong.

I cannot comment on how well they whiten as it is unlikely I will continue using these because of how easily the slip off.

Also the glue is a weird thick texture that leaves a residue in your mouth which is annoying.

Helly Hansen Lifa Warm Ice Crew - Black Medium
Helly Hansen Lifa Warm Ice Crew - Black Medium
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent Helly product, 14 Mar 2014
Purchased for skiing - really warm and comfortable. Stitching down the arms make it look a bit more stylish that your typical thermals.

I have a 36" chest and the medium was a perfect fit.

Bouletta FlipCase Antic Genuine Leather Flip Case for iPhone 5
Bouletta FlipCase Antic Genuine Leather Flip Case for iPhone 5
Price: 21.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice case (if expensive), 14 Mar 2014
Fits iphone 5 perfectly, feels well made & looks really good.

Comes nicely packaged. Importantly it has holes in all the right places! Other flip cases I have owned do not have access to the charging port when the case is closed, which is annoying. This one is great.

Only marked it down because it is very expensive for a case. But I guess you get what you pay for!

Helly Hansen Mens Lifa Dry 3/4 Pant - Black, Medium
Helly Hansen Mens Lifa Dry 3/4 Pant - Black, Medium
Price: 20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product for skiing, 14 Mar 2014
I purchased these for skiing as I read that it was not recommended to have anything in your boots other than socks.

Even thought they are not thermal I was plenty warm wearing them under insulated ski pants, in temperatures around 0 deg C.

They didn't ride up and were very comfortable.

I have a 32" waist and I purchased the medium which were perfect.

TP-Link TL-WR702N Wireless N Nano Router/Range Extender/TV, Gaming, Set-top Adapter with USB Charger
Offered by Sunsfair
Price: 20.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me as a signal extender (Virgin Superhub), 14 Mar 2014
I purchased this to boost my appalling Virgin superhub wifi signal. The set up process seemed fairly simple, but despite several attempts no new network displayed, nor did my existing wifi signal strength improve.

I may have been at fault somehow in setup, however, the item I purchased to replace (Netgear WN3500RP) required a much simpler setup (press a button each and wait), and I now have two new networks available (one 2g and one 5g) which work fine.

My advise would be to spend a bit more and get the netgear.

Walden Farms Pancake Syrup 340g
Walden Farms Pancake Syrup 340g
Offered by SOUTH AFRICAN FOODS
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The best of a baddish bunch. PS sugar in moderation won't kill you, 14 Mar 2014
Firstly I will start with the PS - I won't bore with the details, but I would encourage all to think critically about the recent sugar alarmism. Is it sugar that is the cause of all our ills, or is it a wider combination, centred around inactivity and a consumption of excess of all foodstuffs, at the exclusion of micronutrient rich foods that is the problem. I think the later.

Anyway - this is a decent product for those looking to reduce their caloric intake. It is not offensive tasting, and the texture is just like real syrup. The maple flavour is very subtle and eating too much leaves a disagreeable after-taste.

Much better than the other Walden Farms products I have tried (caramel syrup (3//5) and caramel dip (2/5)) but in general I would suggest a small amount of maple syrup & an extra 20 minutes of exercise would make for a happier combination than buying this.

Walden Farm Caramel Syrup 340g
Walden Farm Caramel Syrup 340g
Offered by SOUTH AFRICAN FOODS
Price: 2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the caramel dip, but not much, 14 Mar 2014
The caramel dip was bad. This has a very similar, sweet, slight caramel/slight artificial & weird taste. The pancake syrup is better and it would be the only Walden Farm product I would consider buying again.

As an aside - I have had sweetbird sugar free syrups in the past which were very nice & I would look to them rather than Walden Farm in the future.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 14 Mar 2014
I was not anticipating great things with this - anything that is calorie free and not water is likely to disappoint.

However, I was hoping it would be a product that I could at least be happy eating. Alas, this was not the case - a sweet, artificial taste and weird jelly like texture were not pleasant. I do not recommend.

PT Porcelain Tower Espresso Set, Lucious Colours
PT Porcelain Tower Espresso Set, Lucious Colours

5.0 out of 5 stars Very stylish, 12 Mar 2014
Really nice looking set. Matching cups and saucers.

Feel good quality and a bargain for the price. ]

Large enough to hold a double espresso.

I would recommend.

Falke SK 2 Mens Ski Socks - 46-48, Red
Falke SK 2 Mens Ski Socks - 46-48, Red
Price: 16.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 12 Mar 2014
I am a beginner skiier and have used cheaper socks when skiing indoors.

Spending the extra money is worth it in my opinion. This stay in place and I had zero rubbing despite skiing all day for three days on my recent trip to Bulgaria.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6