Profile for Bob Calver > Reviews

Content by Bob Calver

Bob Calver

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
UP24 by Jawbone Small Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracking Wristband for iOS and Android - Onyx
Offered by Mega Deals UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but check the size carefully and your Bluetooth connection., 12 May 2016
This is a superb tracker as an introduction to fitness bands. However, you will need to check that your phone/tablet runs the latest Bluetooth to connect the band via the app. My wife's Hudl wouldn't connect nor her Galaxy S5830. My nexus 7 did and she now has a Samsung S4 mini which connects fine. Sizes are a bit misleading too. We measured my wife's wrist and she was just on the cusp of small/medium. We ordered medium and it was miles too big. So we got the small. My son in law got the medium. Large must be for Arnie Schwarzenegger. You'll also have to explore all the possibilities of the app yourself as the instructions are minimal. But this is a great piece of kit.

Sole Control Classic 3/4 Orthotic Insoles with Arch Support and Heel Cup size - (Small 5-6.5)
Offered by Sole Control

Fire TV Stick Streaming Media Player
Fire TV Stick Streaming Media Player

1.0 out of 5 stars It didn't work with my wifi - and I'm not alone - chromecast works perfectly, 19 May 2015
Try as I might I could not get this to work. The main problem is that it will not successfully maintain a wifi connection. Less than a foot away, a nexus 7 connected to the HDMI port of my tv will stream netflix perfectly. My sky+box is also extremely close to where the frestick was and I can watch streaming video via wifi on that. The firestick reports the wifi signal as very good and the network as connected but the stick simply will not work. I was on the phone to amazon support for nearly two hours and we tried everything from rebooting the router to switching the wireless channel to a factory reset of the firestick. Eventually we gave up and a replacement was sent in case it was the stick at fault. Same problem so I am getting a refund. What is curious is that the welcome video played perfectly so the firestick was working fine and streaming video was possible so there was no wifi or bandwidth bottleneck. But when it comes to working as it should, it does not seem to want to use the internet to access content from the amazon server. I think there is a firmware issue connected to the internal 'browser' set up that provides the internet interface. I tried screen casting from the nexus 7 in case the LAN worked but not the internet. Neither the nexus 7 nor the firestick could see each other. If your firestick does not work imediately out of the box as it should, it will never work regardless of the various fixes suggested. Simply get a refund. Other reviews suggest that the google chromecast will work when the firestick doesn't. Just an update - bought a chromecast and it works fine - netflix etc and mirrors the screen on my nexus 7 for playing videos i have stored on it.

Pub Prop - Portable Guitar Support
Pub Prop - Portable Guitar Support
Offered by Original Artisan

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant solution to a guitarist's problem, 29 April 2015
Amazing if you play open mic nights or other pub/hall gigs and need to keep your guitar safe whilst sitting at a table when space is limited. Small enough to keep in your guitar case. Why didn't anyone think of it earlier? Or maybe they did and I just hadn't heard of it. If you're reading this then you have already heard of it - so my advice is buy one!

RayGar Guitar Stand Foldable Universal A-Frame Style Guitar Stand Black for Acoustic Electric Guitars - New

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, is well made - what more can I say?, 29 April 2015
Sturdy, stable and well priced. Not a lot to say really - you get what you see.

IRONWOOD PACIFIC OUTDOORS HELMSMATE T 18" FIXED
IRONWOOD PACIFIC OUTDOORS HELMSMATE T 18" FIXED

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit a honda outboard but that can be solved, 29 April 2015
This is an excellent well made piece of kit but it does not fit all outboards as the description claims. I wrote to the sellers as I knew that some extensions don't fit my honda 2.3. They simply wrote back saying that the extension fitted all outboards and was tightended by a screw clamp. So I bought it and found my honda's handle was too small for the extension to grip. On the packaging the american manufacturers say you can ask them for another sleeve to cope with smaller handles but as that meant going back to the seller, and then probably being told that they didn't deal with the manufacturer in america I didn't bother, I wrapped a bit of old inner tube tightly around the handle of the honda and secured it with duct tape and the handle now grips fine. Not a major hassle but something to be aware of. Looking at the outboards lined up in the boatyard shed I would say that the extension won't fit a Mariner outboard either. It needs a bit of DIY but the price is excellent and the quality is very good.

Ultimate Guitar Tabs and Tools
Ultimate Guitar Tabs and Tools

1.0 out of 5 stars Crashes every time, 17 April 2015
Crashes every time I try to access a tab on my Nexus7 runnng lollipop 5.1. Shame it doesn't work because it would be a good app to have.

Dying for a Drink
Dying for a Drink

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful first step to understanding the problem, 10 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Dying for a Drink (Kindle Edition)
This is good as a reference if you have a family member with a drink problem and need to understand the issues involved. It's a good first step to understanding but of course the only person that can solve a drinking problem is the drinker. AA is a source of help for the drinker and Al-Anon for family members.

Complete Racing Collection - 7 Games (PC DVD)
Complete Racing Collection - 7 Games (PC DVD)
Offered by Gameseek

4.0 out of 5 stars But they are great fun and ideal for a quick burst of game ..., 12 Jan. 2015
These are very very basic racing games and a bit clunky compared to some of the TOCA high price games. But they are great fun and ideal for a quick burst of game play. It took a while to configure them to work with my steering wheel but its not difficult. Younger kids will think they are magic.

Ukulele For Dummies (--For Dummies)
Ukulele For Dummies (--For Dummies)

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy the kindle version, 29 Dec. 2014
I bought this as a deal of the day so it wasn't expensive. And it's very good as a tutor. I already play ukelele a bit and play guitar as a main instrument so the theory etc was easy enough. However, the print version has a cd and it would be very useful to hear some of the techniques which just don't happen with the kindle version. I thought maybe there would be mp3s embedded but no such luck and that was probably too optimistic. So buy the print version!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4