Profile for French girl > Reviews

Content by French girl

French girl "Lisa" (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Jamie's Dinners
Jamie's Dinners
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars The best one yet, 11 Oct. 2004
This review is from: Jamie's Dinners (Hardcover)
I received my copy of Jamie's dinners 2 days ago, and it's been very difficult to put it down! This book is absolutely packed with recipes, tips, and anecdotes - I especially like the one about Jamie's mother putting a note into his lunch box, I'm going to do the same for my son :) Overall, a lot of the cooking is very family oriented, which as a mother of two I can appreciate. The sandwich section is interesting and I like the way a recipe for one thing like pesto is given, and then you're presented with several ideas of ways to use it. And there are several series of preparation photos which will be very useful. I made the tomato soup last night and it was lovely. It seems that Jamie's roast chicken recipe has evolved, and I can't wait to try it out. I would definitely reccommend this book to anyone looking for some kitchen inspiration.

Photo Objects 50,000 Vol 3
Photo Objects 50,000 Vol 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Hemera triumphs again, 1 Nov. 2003
As I'm already a fan of Hemera volume I & II photo objects, I was pleased when volume III was released, but almost didn't buy it due to some negative reviews I read, namely people complaining about the new browsing interface. I'm so glad that I did. The photos are wonderful as usual, and the interface is much improved, namely much faster and you now have the option of browsing even more photos from Hemera on-line, which you can purchase individually; they also have some great value subscribing services on their web site. Even with over 100,000 photo objects I still can't find what I need now and then! The composition and quality of the photo objects never fails to amaze me. I'm a web designer and I can honestly say that my work has been improved 10-fold since I discovered Hemera photo objects.

The Big Box Of Art - 350,000 Images
The Big Box Of Art - 350,000 Images

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolutely fantastic product, 7 Sept. 2003
I am a web designer who used to suffer from continual frustration until I discovered Hemera. I first bought photo objects I & II, and now the big box of art has filled in the gaps with its beautiful high quality color photographs. I could do without all the clip-art in the big box, but I understand that a lot of people like them. I honestly don't know what I would without my Hemera products. I'm still amazed at the value for money they give.

The 150 Best Slow Cooker Recipes
The 150 Best Slow Cooker Recipes
by Judith Finlayson

5.0 out of 5 stars A cookbook full of quality recipes, 1 Oct. 2002
I am really delighted with this book. It has the type of recipes that you just know will be great when you read them, ranging from simple comfort food to the exotic, although I found none of the ingredients difficult to locate. I also loved that the recipes were written in metric and imperial, and there are a lot of interesting tips and tricks for the slow cooker included. I would highly reccommend it to anyone.

Page: 1 | 2