Profile for frenchkate > Reviews

frenchkate (France)

Give My Ball Back
Give My Ball Back

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun casual game, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Give My Ball Back (App)
A fun logic game - I like the idea of the 'light' and 'dark' sides each trying to pinch the ball back from each other!

MacGyver Deadly Descent
MacGyver Deadly Descent

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the most engaging game I've ever played, 1 July 2014
This review is from: MacGyver Deadly Descent (App)
A pretty basic series of 4 types of logic puzzle with a lame 'comic strip' story which doesn't really add anything at all to the game. It kept me entertained for an hour or two, but I'm glad it was a free app of the day - not worth paying for.

CLARC
CLARC

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun little app, 1 July 2014
This review is from: CLARC (App)
Not just a series of logic puzzles, but a fun setting and story to go along with it, making it all the more interesting to play.

The Barbershop Seven: A Barney Thomson omnibus
The Barbershop Seven: A Barney Thomson omnibus

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read!, 1 Mar 2014
A ridiculous, outlandish, hilarious, dark and incredibly funny series of stories. If you are looking for something very different from the traditional crime thriller, then this is it. Douglas Lindsay is an excellent author, not just of this series but also the DS Thomas Hutton books. The Hutton books are a well-written, dark and disturbing but traditional 'cop on the edge' style story. With Barney Thomson it seems as if Lindsay has given his imagination full rein, as if he is writing more for his own pleasure, and not simply to please the critics. I bought the first book, and now can't wait to read the rest.

Soul Identity
Soul Identity

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read based on an original idea., 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Soul Identity (Kindle Edition)
I found this to be a well-written, interesting story, based on an unusual premise. Reincarnation with a twist! Unlike some of the cheaper kindle books, this was easy to read, well punctuated, well spelled, and extremely interesting. I am about to download the second book, and hoping it will be just as good!

Z122 (Matt Cooper, Private Eye)
Z122 (Matt Cooper, Private Eye)

1.0 out of 5 stars Glad it was a free download!, 18 Aug 2012
An averagely ok story, but I couldn't finish reading the book due to the continual shift from 1st person to 3rd person narrative. It feels as if the book was written in the 3rd person, then edited to the 1st person, but the proof reader missed huge chunks of text. It is extremely hard to follow a story when the main character's actions are described from a first person and third person perspective at the same time!! (e.g talking about the title character getting into his car and deciding what to do next: "I got into the car. As he shifted into gear, Cooper wondered where to go next. I knew I had to visit Jean, but at the same time I wanted to have all the facts to hand before I confronted her.")- Ouch!

All Bottled Up! (Large)
All Bottled Up! (Large)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun but not difficult, 18 Aug 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: All Bottled Up! (Large) (Toy)
I bought this for a friend who loves all sorts of puzzles, and chose it because other reviews said it wasn't that easy to solve. Just to make it a bit harder, we finished a bottle of wine between us before I gave her the puzzle! She managed it in under 12 minutes, even after 3 glasses of wine! I re-did the puzzle, and another friend did it in 15 minutes. It was great fun, and everyone loved it, but I was a bit disappointed that it didn't take longer to figure out.

HoMedics SBM-500HA-3GB 2-in-1 Back and Shoulders Massager Cushion with Heat
HoMedics SBM-500HA-3GB 2-in-1 Back and Shoulders Massager Cushion with Heat

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but one design fault., 11 Mar 2012
Excellent back massager - works really well. Quite a forceful massage, but a towel between the chair and your back softens the impact if necessary. Only one criticism - I'm 5'4" and the so-called "shoulder" massage cushion actually massages empty space either side of my ears! Even my husband, who is 6'2" only gets limited benefit from it. Had I realised this, I would have bought the basic back massage cushion, and not paid the extra for the shoulder massage part.