Profile for PJworcsUK > Reviews

Content by PJworcsUK

PJworcsUK

Samsung 32" F5000 Series 5 Full HD 1080p LED Slim Design  Television (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Samsung 32" F5000 Series 5 Full HD 1080p LED Slim Design Television (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV with excellent colour representation and black levels, 25 Jun. 2013
I didn't buy my TV from amazon but felt compelled to write after experiencing issues when connecting to my PC.
What the manual doesn't tell you is that when you connect to a PC/laptop you need to press Source, then highlight which HDMI you are connected to then press Tools to bring up the rename option. After renaming to PC you will get perfect quality and proper use of RGB 4:4:4.
I am baffled why such vital information is not in the manual!!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2014 2:10 PM BST

TP-LINK TL-WN781ND 150Mbps Wireless PCI Express Adapter + Low Profile Bracket
TP-LINK TL-WN781ND 150Mbps Wireless PCI Express Adapter + Low Profile Bracket
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

4.0 out of 5 stars Great drivers, no issues and good data speed., 1 May 2013
I used this in conjunction with the TPLink aerial TL-ANT2405C and got great speeds. I live in a flat with concrete walls and this has meant I get a full signal in any room.

TP-LINK TL-ANT2405C 2.4GHz 5dbi Indoor Omni-Directional Antenna
TP-LINK TL-ANT2405C 2.4GHz 5dbi Indoor Omni-Directional Antenna

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, improves signal. 80CM lead included, 1 May 2013
This has improved my wireless range, was cheap and is well made.
Not much more to add, maybe the lead could be longer but for me 80cm's was fine.

Antec 120 mm TwoCool Cooling Fan for PC - Black
Antec 120 mm TwoCool Cooling Fan for PC - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars A quiet inexpensive case fan, 1 May 2013
Was purchased because it has a variable speed setting which gives me the ability to lower noise levels. It is definitely worth getting if, like me, you dont have a 4 pin connector spare on your motherboard.

Pro's: cheap, quite quiet on its lowest setting.
Cons: Not the fastest speed possible, for hardcore gamers a controller and fan would be optimum.

Komputerbay 16GB Class 10 MicroSDHC High Speed Memory Card with Komputerbay SD Adapter

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice price, slightly less speed than listed, 15 Jun. 2012
I received the card very quickly, it wasn't retail packed but was in a proper protective plastic SD card case.
It was well packaged, sent in a brown Jiffy bag that was padded.
I have replaced my 8GB card in my android phone with this 16GB, it reports it as being about 14. something Gb's which is normal when you format it. The card manages to write at 7.5 megabytes per second in my phone, sometimes fluctuating to 8 megabytes per second. I was dissapointed to see that when transferring files from my pc with a SD card reader, the card only managed to transfer at 5.5 megabytes per second. Read speeds were very speedy, they were a constant 18.3 megabytes per second. I have a new PC with a built in card reader, my older class 4 card managed to transfer faster than this class 10 card.
Im not going to be sending this card back because its more hassle and even at class 6 speeds its perfectly fine for HD video, it is a bit frustrating that it doesnt do its rated speed as I like to watch 3D video's on my Evo 3D and this card takes twice as long than it should to transfer the file over.