Profile for Medway > Reviews

Content by Medway

Medway

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Marx: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
Marx: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
by Peter Singer

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 15 Sep 2014
Good summary but unbalanced judgement

Easy Learning Italian Verbs: with free Verb Wheel (Collins Easy Learning Italian)
by Collins Dictionaries

4.0 out of 5 stars A good item in a good range, 8 Jun 2014
I wanted this to back up my text book and my dictionary for studying Italian. The range of verbs offered and the two page spread make it easy to use. Haven't got to grips with the verb wheel yet. I like the Collins Italian range generally and this fits in well. Next, some easy reading Italian, but most are designed for teenagers, not for retirees like me.

Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad - White
Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad - White
Offered by Uk Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant design, 8 Jun 2014
It looks good, works well, and would be even better if the iPad was designed to go with the keyboard, but that's being very picky. A really great achievement again from Logitech. Delighted with it.

Casio PQ-10D-8REF LED Digital Travel Clock
Casio PQ-10D-8REF LED Digital Travel Clock
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but effective, 18 April 2014
Although it's small, it is very easy to set, easy to read, and makes enough noise to wake anyone. Excellent value for money. I have come across many alarm clocks that were more decorative, but for doing it's job it's really good. So if you want an alarm clock to wake you up at the right time, this is the one.

Medipaq® CARPET SAVERS - NO More Furniture Marks On Your CARPET! *53 spikes each - Pack of 8*
Offered by Medipaq® from Great Ideas™

1.0 out of 5 stars Could not make them work, 18 April 2014
Maybe our carpets (man made) did not suit these cups, but after struggling for 20 minutes to get the cups to stay under the casters, I gave up.

Jackson's Hallmarks: English, Scottish, Irish Silver and Gold Marks from 1300 to the Present Day
by Ian Pickford

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 18 April 2014
Easy to use, clear, adequate detail, gives a potted history of marks as well as a guide to working out where and when your silver was made.

Rome (DK Eyewitness Travel Guides)
Rome (DK Eyewitness Travel Guides)
by Adele Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but a mistake, 11 Sep 2013
My mistake, I meant to get the pocket version, which I have bought since, and which I rate highly. It's obviously got more in than the pocket version, but I would chose something else for my main guide, indeed I like to read 2 or 3 before going, everyone has their own slant.

DK Eyewitness Pocket Map and Guide: Rome
DK Eyewitness Pocket Map and Guide: Rome
by Collectif

5.0 out of 5 stars The pocket guide, 11 Sep 2013
I cannot be bothered to lug a large guide book around, and this fits into a hip pocket and includes a map, so serves as a guide during the day, reminding me of plans for visits and walks. I have bought several in this series and recommend them highly. You may want a more exhaustive guide book to refer to in the evenings when planning the next day.

Pair of Trekrite Traveller Compact Four-Section 55cm Walking/ Hiking Poles - Black
Offered by General Stores Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, really useful., 11 Sep 2013
Remarkably cheap, and very useful. We travel a fair bit, so I chose these because they will fit into a Ryanair cabin bag. But they have also helped to get a long-intended but put off exercise regime to start. Easy to use, they encourage rapid but low-stress walking. Highly recommended.

Eleven Short Stories (Dover Dual Language Italian)
Eleven Short Stories (Dover Dual Language Italian)
by Luigi Pirandello

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but quaint, 11 Sep 2013
I wanted a book to help me to learn to read Italian. Pirandello uses some words which don't appear in standard Italian dictionaries, which is a bit hard. Also, his world is rustic, far from my experience or interest. Of course it's also about people and their quirks and weaknesses, which are universal.

So I found it too hard both from the language and the situations to be easy to grasp. Perhaps next year I will have a better idea of it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3