Profile for Christopher Sawford > Reviews

Content by Christopher Sa...

Christopher Sawford

Didn't It Rain
Didn't It Rain

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 3 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Didn't It Rain (MP3 Download)
The "Let Them Talk" is my absolute favourite album I have ever bought. And, with over 600 albums in my collection, that is quite something.

So, when I learnt of this new record, well, I jumped at the chance to purchase it immediately, and, I am pleased (and relieved) to say that it lives up to the first.

The first album was slightly less "blues" than this, but that depends on what your view of blues is. The title song from the first album is much more upbeat than any of the tracks on here, but the accompaniment, incredible back in singers and Hugh's own tremendous talent completely bring this record to life.

I am pleased to say, I now have 2 albums occupying my car CD changer.

SmackDown Vs Raw 2008 (PS2)
SmackDown Vs Raw 2008 (PS2)
Offered by marxwax

2.0 out of 5 stars Worst WWE game ever?, 26 April 2008
after the last game, 2007, i expected this to be fantastic, and man was i wrong.

ok, so there are some good things involved, like the graphics, how to use moves and where you can go. but some of the game is realy bad...

for example, repetitive 24/7 mode, you work all year to get the title, and soon as the new year starts, you automatically lose the title without any warning, and you do pretty much the same thing again.
things you do on create a wrestler dont appear on 24/7, like fireworks.
storylines seem to disappear after a decent rivalry.
last man standing matches are shocking, i spent 25 minutes beating up edge and he wouldnt lay still, only for him to use a simple move on me for me to be out cold.
the commentary just gets repetitive and jbl sounds as if he doesnt want to be recording his voice.
if you select a choice on the 24/7 mode, most of the time the computer will ignore you and just carry on as it were and ignore your choice.

i could go on, but i dont want to, as im a huge wrestling fan and wanted to like the game, i do like the game play, its all in sync and well worked, but everything else pretty much, isnt.