Profile for C Robbo > Reviews

Using Drupal
Using Drupal
by Angela Byron

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm afraid it's poor, 31 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Using Drupal (Paperback)
I have worked in IT for 20 years, and wanted this book to understand how I can start to build CMS content using Drupal into my client's web sites. This book gives you an overview of Drupal and then takes you through several examples where it recommends what modules to download and what options to click. This book tells you what to do, not why you are doing it. I'm afraid you learn very little and it is possibly the most boring IT book I have read. Very poor - sorry.

Cressi Antifog Spray
Cressi Antifog Spray

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Product, 17 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Cressi Antifog Spray (Sports)
I've started swimming regularly and was sick of stopping every five minutes to defog my goggles. Squirted this stuff in when I got changed, wiped it round then rinsed out when I got in the pool. I swam for an hour and never had to remove my goggles until I got out - crystal clear the whole time. I'm going to try it on my dive mask next but if it works as well as that I expect no problems. Thoroughly recommend it for all pool swimmers.

Sherwood Mag 4 Bi-Focal Scuba Diving/Snorkeling Silicone Mask with Clear Frame
Sherwood Mag 4 Bi-Focal Scuba Diving/Snorkeling Silicone Mask with Clear Frame

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, 9 Oct. 2010
This mask a great product for me because my distance sight is fine, it's just close up where I struggle. I therefore couldn't have prescription lenses because this would blur objects at a distance. This is an issue for me because I struggle to read dive gauges. The bottom lenses provide 1.75x magnification and it is much easier to read gauges, dive computer screens etc. Thoroughly recommend this mask to anyone with similar vision. The only criticism is that the mask is not as low profile as the more expensive models, but they solve a big problem for me so thats fine.

Braun Oral -B Precision Clean Toothbrush Refill 3 Pack
Braun Oral -B Precision Clean Toothbrush Refill 3 Pack
Offered by SMDIRECT UK

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 out of 3, 11 Sept. 2010
The product is great - genuine Oral B, BUT I thought I was buying three heads, I only got a twin pack for my money. Not such great value for money.

Beginning iPhone 3 Development: Exploring the iPhone SDK
Beginning iPhone 3 Development: Exploring the iPhone SDK
by Dave Mark

5.0 out of 5 stars A Superb Book, 6 Jan. 2010
This is one of the best software development books I have read. The authors are enthusiastic, highly skilled and excellent teachers. The book goes at a good pace and you learn useful information on every page. The book skillfully avoids the useless extra information that a lot of IT books provide and manages to deliver exactly what you need to know to develop for iPhone. Each chapter builds on the last and you get a definite feeling that you are building a solid foundation of knowledge. I am completely new to MAC/iPhone and Objective-C development (but have experience in other OO technologies e.g. Java) and found the structure of this book to be exactly what I needed. It also covers Xcode and Interface Builder in enough detail so that you not only can use the toolset, but you understand what you are doing and why. If you are new to Objective-C (and/or C), you will need another reference as this book assumes that you understand object messaging principles, the core Objective-C classes and simple OO design patterns (such as inheritance and delegation). It does however explain correct memory management practices for iPhone and how to implement them. Buy this book - you won't regret it.

Mad Men - Complete Season 1 [Blu-ray]
Mad Men - Complete Season 1 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Jon Hamm

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu-ray at it's Best, 25 Jun. 2009
Ignoring the story and characters of Mad Men (which are superb), the quality of the visuals on this disc are something to behold. My Sony BDSP350 shows that the format is 1080/24P, and the clarity is stunning. Mad Men itself is beautifully filmed, with superb colour and set lighting and Blu-ray shows this off to the maximum. If you have a 1080/24P set up you really will get the best out of it, and you will become totally absorbed in the 1960s detailing and atmosphere. Fully recommended to AV and Mad Men fans.

HDanywhere 2m Platinum High Speed HDMI Cable + Ethernet (4K Ultra HD Latest Spec)
Offered by HD Connectivity

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Quality, 4 May 2009
I wanted a quality cable to link Virgin V+ to my HD TV. I did a lot of research and bought this one - the right decision. The picture quality is much better than the cable Virgin supplied, colour depthh and clarity are amazing. I bought an expensive Monster HDMI cable for Blu-ray and wish I had saved money and bought two of these. Fantastic quality.

Palm Tungsten T Slim Leather Case
Palm Tungsten T Slim Leather Case
Offered by MP3PartsEurope

5.0 out of 5 stars Get One, 24 April 2004
If you have a Tungsten, give it the protection it deserves and buy thiscase. Beautiful quality- sets off the Tungsten a treat.

Kill Bill, Volume 1 [DVD] [2003]
Kill Bill, Volume 1 [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Uma Thurman
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars Tarantino's First Bad Movie, 24 April 2004
Reservoir Dogs was a powerful and gripping thriller, a masterpiece of therobbery genre. Pulp Fiction had one of the greatest scripts in moviehistory, a fascinating weave of sub-plots backed up with masterly actingperformances.
But.... Kill Bill - is frankly a disappointment. None of the Tarantinobrilliance is demonstrated. The plot is so simplistic and predicatable,you feel that you have seen it a million times before. There is no buildup of atmosphere or tension - so brilliantly achieved in Reservoir Dogs.
I'm sure Tarantino was driven to do this movie because of his love ofJapanese and eastern cinema, but I'm afraid thats all it is - an exercisein making an eastern sword fighting movie. I'm sure that Quentin will bemeasuring it's success by how well it goes down in the far east not bywestern reviews, which is a good job because I feel it's his worstmovie.
I didn't see this movie at the cinema, I pre-ordered it on Amazon and havebeen waiting with baited breath for its DVD release. It has been a totaldisapointment and will soon be finding its way to the "used" pages.

Uniross RC102235 Ultra Fast Charger +4AA 2000mAh Batteries
Uniross RC102235 Ultra Fast Charger +4AA 2000mAh Batteries

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Look Elsewhere, 12 Dec. 2003
Don't bother looking at other chargers. I've looked at the lot and this is the only one you need. I've just fully charged my first set of batteries in one hour flat - and the batteries supplied were 2100mAh not 2000mAh so you get more free charge for your money.
All the other chargers I've looked at take hours to use and have weaker batteries - top value Amazon.

Page: 1 | 2