Profile for GG > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Nokia 106 Mobile Phone - Black
Nokia 106 Mobile Phone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A very neat straight forward phone, 12 April 2014
I've just purchased both a Nokia 105 and a Nokia 106 - one for myself and one for husband.

If you're like me, and like a camera to be a camera, a phone to be a phone (for calls and texts and not much more), and a computer/tablet for accessing the internet, than this is a highly recommended phone.

Very easy to set up, the flashlight is a great added bonus, easy to use (I got to grips with all it does in 5 mins). Clear screen, easy to use buttons. It basically does what it's supposed to do - be a phone with a few added bonuses.

For info, the 105 and 106 are just about identical, apart from the 105 having a smaller screen, making it a slightly smaller phone, and the 106 being harder to get the back off to insert the sim/battery. I had the back of the 105 in seconds, but have to confess, had to look on YouTube to find out how to get the back of the 106. But once I knew, it was pretty simple, just a bit more fiddly. the keypad itself is idential on both models.

Hope this helps, but if all you want is a straight forward, simple to use phone, for texts and phone calls, than this is a great bargain.

5 Star Office Value Copier Paper Multifunctional Ream-Wrapped 75gsm A4 White - 1 box containing 5 Reams of 500 sheets

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 12 April 2014
I've been buying this for a long time now, as it's such great value. Superb quality, whiter than white paper, at a fraction of the cost of elsewhere (and I always do a price comparison every time, but still end up buying it here!).

Marware Revolve Genuine Leather Rotating, Standing Case for Kindle Fire HD 7", Pink (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7" [Previous Generation])

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 3 Dec. 2013
My first Kindle Fire Previous Gen case only lasted 6 months (the seam went around the zip) so this time, I took my time in choosing something better - and so chuffed I did.

This is a really good quality case, and the revolving action is a fantastic idea. I can now happily read with the kindle safely standing on the arm of the chair. I did read in the reviews that some people had problems with this - but I've been using it daily and it's very sturdy, easy to rotate and does what it's supposed to do! A great idea.

Can equally use the handle if I want to hold it myself for reading, which is also very useful. Surprisingly, I'm left handed and it's ideally placed for use with your left hand.

It's very well made with a lovely soft inner lining, and the pink is a lovely bright funky colour. Quite proud to leave it on the coffee table when people come round!

I did have trouble getting it to revolve when I first received it, but it seemed to need a bit of force and something "clicked" before it would revolve. Worth mentioning as I thought I had a faulty one at first and was scared of breaking it if I forced it too much.

gets 5 stars from me, and is far better quality than the previous case (which was by a rival brand, also purchased from Amazon).

Xavax Universal Replacement Pad Ironing Board
Xavax Universal Replacement Pad Ironing Board

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than I thought it would be, 3 Sept. 2013
Good product - makes a huge difference to ironing, and for that reason I would recommend.
However, I was surprised after reading the other reviews, to discover it was slightly smaller in width than my ironing board, which is 24cm wide x 145cm long. It was fine in the length, but probably a couple of cm's too narrow.
I've fitted it anyway as it still does the job, but be warned if you have an ironing board larger than 24cm wide, as it won't fit.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2013 6:23 PM BST

Brabantia Cotton Cover for Ironing Board with 8 mm Foam Padding, 124 x 45 cm
Brabantia Cotton Cover for Ironing Board with 8 mm Foam Padding, 124 x 45 cm
Offered by Saving domestic

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes ironing so much easier!, 3 Sept. 2013
So pleased I splashed out for a slightly more expensive cover this time round. Previously I'd had cheaper ones, still from well known brands, but after a short space of time, the thin felt backing was disintegrating, and I was getting grid marks from the ironing board over the clothes.

So decided to pay a bit more this time and research first. Glad I did.

This was very easy to fit (only took me less than 5 mins) and fitted my 124cm x 45cm ironing board perfectly. The padding makes a huge difference (I also bought additional padding - Xavax Universal Replacement Pad Ironing Board), and dare I say, ironing is a near pleasure now (that might be a bit strong!). Re the fit, I had already returned another cover (from Lakeland) that claimed it was to fit my ironing board size, but it was far too small, and this one is plenty big enough, with surplus material to tuck underneath, in order to "pull" the cords for a tight fit.

The clothes stay put and don't slide on the cotton covering, and the iron seems to just glide (which it didn't before).
If you do a lot of ironing, I would highly recommend this product and stay clear from the cheaper versions, such as I've tolerated before.

SainSonic SS-101 Mini Rechargeable Electric Lady Shaver
SainSonic SS-101 Mini Rechargeable Electric Lady Shaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed at the results, 21 Jun. 2013
I was very sceptical when I purchased as have only used "known" brands in the past. I've been using rechargeable ladyshavers for over 20 years now, and to date, have used Remington, Braun and Philips.
And ALL these leading brands could learn a lot from this amazing little shaver! I totally agree with all the other 5 star reviewers - it gives incredible results and is so comfortable to use.

I'm used to ladyshavers leaving an annoying layer of stubble, or worse, finding area's that it's missed completely, and this is the first ladyshaver I've used in over 20 years that has really given me a totally close and smooth shave. Even my husband was impressed with the smoothness of my legs!!! There's not a single area it's missed and not a sign of any stubble whatsoever. And 'cause it does such a good job, it's much quicker to use, as you don't have to keep going over the same area again and again. Just a quick run with it, and the area's smooth as a baby's bum!

It's also very comfortable to use, being smaller than average, and fits into your hand perfectly. Love the girly pink colour too - quite proud of it sitting on the bathroom shelf! I won't be using it for travel, but it's certainly a very handly "travel" size if you need to take it away with you.

The only con I can find is that it does leave my legs dry after use, so I imagine it's not as gentle as others BUT it does get far better results. But obviously a good moisturise after use solves that. Having said that, the curved blade was very gentle yet effective on my underarms, and didn't give me any problems at all - so don't let this put you off.

In a nutshell - best ladyshaver I have discovered in over 20 years, and I have tried an awful lot of them believe me! Best £15 I've spent in a long time - especially with the summer here.

Belkin Portfolio Sleeve Carrying Case for Kindle Fire HD 7", Ruby (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7" [Previous Generation])

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, 21 Jun. 2013
I've had this for a few months now and only just got round to giving it a review.
But, it's worn really well so far, and still looks as good as new. Gives great protection to my Kindle whilst being slim and not taking up too much room.
Also big plus - love the cheerful funky colour.

Would definately recommend this product - 5 Star review from me.

Braun Silk&Soft 5100 Lady Shaver
Braun Silk&Soft 5100 Lady Shaver

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 21 Jun. 2013
I'm very disappointed with this. Even at it's best I found it didn't cut very closely, leaving stubble and area's that it seemed to miss altogether. I've been using ladyshavers for over 20 years, so know what I'm doing with them!
Even more disappointing, it's performance seems to worsen greatly as the battery life is used, and if you have to keep using virtually new batteries all the time, you are going to be left with a lot of partially used batteries which will prove very expensive.
I use it for my underarms and legs, and after 2 uses, it's performance was frustratingly poor, and as I can't afford to keep up with it's required battery useage, have decided to cut my loses and go for a rechargeable ladyshaver.
Replaced with with a mere £15 KEDA ladyshave (purchased on Amazon) having seen the reviews, and am so glad I did as I'm amazed at the results!

My advice would be if you like a close shave don't buy - and be prepared to have to keep replacing the batteries, frustratingly long before they have actually "died".
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2013 9:38 PM BST

Dragon Gem
Dragon Gem

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally addictive, 21 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Dragon Gem (App)
I love these sorts of games and to date, this has got to be my favourite. Totally addictive, and as it's free, even better!

Santa Maybe
Santa Maybe

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun light reading, 14 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Santa Maybe (Kindle Edition)
Santa Maybe made me laugh out loud, which definitely warrants giving it four stars.
I loved the mix of childlike magic and humour, and had no problem in liking the characters from the first chapter. Believing in Santa Claus obviously is not just for kids!
I tend to read "meatier" novels as a rule, but found this was a welcome break from heavier books, and perfect for curling up on the sofa with hugging a mug of coffee. Will definately be checking out Scarlett Bailey's other two books.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4