Profile for GG > Reviews

Fujifilm USB SD Card Reader For SD/SDHC Cards
Fujifilm USB SD Card Reader For SD/SDHC Cards
Offered by Glaxio

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - item faulty and seller unresponsive, 20 May 2014
Unfortunately, this just did not work. It was unable to "read" the card so half my pictures were totally missing when I tried to download to pc, and the ones that were "read" were discoloured and distorted beyond belief. Checked my SD with another reader I own, and all was fine, so it was definitely this card reader.

I don't mind so much the fact it was faulty, it was more the fact the seller was totally unresponsive and I had to open a claim with Amazon to get my money back. Which, to their credit, they did very promptly.

100% service from Amazon but 0% service from this seller!!!!

Thomas Kent 12" 30cm Arabic Red Wall Clock - CK12059
Thomas Kent 12" 30cm Arabic Red Wall Clock - CK12059
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Wall Feature, 12 April 2014
Purchased this as it is the exact colour we were looking for, and it is even more stunning than pictured. It's been in our lounge now for a number of months, and the number of visitors who have commented on it, has even surprised me!

It really is of superb quality, and has kept time very accurately since I purchased. It's turned out to be much more than just a wall clock, but also more of a wall feature.

It arrived very quickly, extremely well packaged, and was very easy to hang.

Couldn't be happier. Glad I did my research first!

Acctim 13960 Vivo Alarm Clock, Pink
Acctim 13960 Vivo Alarm Clock, Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely clock, great colour, 12 April 2014
Purchased this to match a newly painted pink bedroom, and it's lovely. Was a bit worried it might be a bit "childlike" but not at all. Love the rubber surround, and been using it a few months now with no problems. Lovely large numerals, making it easy to read when you're half asleep in bed!
The only reason for 4 stars rather than 5, is it can be a bit fiddly to set (think this might be because I'm left handed).

Nokia 106 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black
Nokia 106 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A very neat straight forward phone, 12 April 2014
I've just purchased both a Nokia 105 and a Nokia 106 - one for myself and one for husband.

If you're like me, and like a camera to be a camera, a phone to be a phone (for calls and texts and not much more), and a computer/tablet for accessing the internet, than this is a highly recommended phone.

Very easy to set up, the flashlight is a great added bonus, easy to use (I got to grips with all it does in 5 mins). Clear screen, easy to use buttons. It basically does what it's supposed to do - be a phone with a few added bonuses.

For info, the 105 and 106 are just about identical, apart from the 105 having a smaller screen, making it a slightly smaller phone, and the 106 being harder to get the back off to insert the sim/battery. I had the back of the 105 in seconds, but have to confess, had to look on YouTube to find out how to get the back of the 106. But once I knew, it was pretty simple, just a bit more fiddly. the keypad itself is idential on both models.

Hope this helps, but if all you want is a straight forward, simple to use phone, for texts and phone calls, than this is a great bargain.

5 Star Office Value Copier Paper Multifunctional Ream-Wrapped 80gsm A4 White - 1 box containing 5 Reams of 500 sheets

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 12 April 2014
I've been buying this for a long time now, as it's such great value. Superb quality, whiter than white paper, at a fraction of the cost of elsewhere (and I always do a price comparison every time, but still end up buying it here!).

Marware Revolve Genuine Leather Rotating, Standing Case for Kindle Fire HD 7", Pink (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7" [Previous Generation])

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 3 Dec 2013
My first Kindle Fire Previous Gen case only lasted 6 months (the seam went around the zip) so this time, I took my time in choosing something better - and so chuffed I did.

This is a really good quality case, and the revolving action is a fantastic idea. I can now happily read with the kindle safely standing on the arm of the chair. I did read in the reviews that some people had problems with this - but I've been using it daily and it's very sturdy, easy to rotate and does what it's supposed to do! A great idea.

Can equally use the handle if I want to hold it myself for reading, which is also very useful. Surprisingly, I'm left handed and it's ideally placed for use with your left hand.

It's very well made with a lovely soft inner lining, and the pink is a lovely bright funky colour. Quite proud to leave it on the coffee table when people come round!

I did have trouble getting it to revolve when I first received it, but it seemed to need a bit of force and something "clicked" before it would revolve. Worth mentioning as I thought I had a faulty one at first and was scared of breaking it if I forced it too much.

gets 5 stars from me, and is far better quality than the previous case (which was by a rival brand, also purchased from Amazon).

Xavax Universal Replacement Pad Ironing Board
Xavax Universal Replacement Pad Ironing Board

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than I thought it would be, 3 Sep 2013
Good product - makes a huge difference to ironing, and for that reason I would recommend.
However, I was surprised after reading the other reviews, to discover it was slightly smaller in width than my ironing board, which is 24cm wide x 145cm long. It was fine in the length, but probably a couple of cm's too narrow.
I've fitted it anyway as it still does the job, but be warned if you have an ironing board larger than 24cm wide, as it won't fit.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2013 6:23 PM BST

Brabantia 266249 Cotton Cover for Ironing Board 124 cm x 45 cm with 8 mm Foam Padding

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes ironing so much easier!, 3 Sep 2013
So pleased I splashed out for a slightly more expensive cover this time round. Previously I'd had cheaper ones, still from well known brands, but after a short space of time, the thin felt backing was disintegrating, and I was getting grid marks from the ironing board over the clothes.

So decided to pay a bit more this time and research first. Glad I did.

This was very easy to fit (only took me less than 5 mins) and fitted my 124cm x 45cm ironing board perfectly. The padding makes a huge difference (I also bought additional padding - Xavax Universal Replacement Pad Ironing Board), and dare I say, ironing is a near pleasure now (that might be a bit strong!). Re the fit, I had already returned another cover (from Lakeland) that claimed it was to fit my ironing board size, but it was far too small, and this one is plenty big enough, with surplus material to tuck underneath, in order to "pull" the cords for a tight fit.

The clothes stay put and don't slide on the cotton covering, and the iron seems to just glide (which it didn't before).
If you do a lot of ironing, I would highly recommend this product and stay clear from the cheaper versions, such as I've tolerated before.

SainSonic SS-101 Mini Rechargeable Electric Lady Shaver
SainSonic SS-101 Mini Rechargeable Electric Lady Shaver
Offered by P&A

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed at the results, 21 Jun 2013
I was very sceptical when I purchased as have only used "known" brands in the past. I've been using rechargeable ladyshavers for over 20 years now, and to date, have used Remington, Braun and Philips.
And ALL these leading brands could learn a lot from this amazing little shaver! I totally agree with all the other 5 star reviewers - it gives incredible results and is so comfortable to use.

I'm used to ladyshavers leaving an annoying layer of stubble, or worse, finding area's that it's missed completely, and this is the first ladyshaver I've used in over 20 years that has really given me a totally close and smooth shave. Even my husband was impressed with the smoothness of my legs!!! There's not a single area it's missed and not a sign of any stubble whatsoever. And 'cause it does such a good job, it's much quicker to use, as you don't have to keep going over the same area again and again. Just a quick run with it, and the area's smooth as a baby's bum!

It's also very comfortable to use, being smaller than average, and fits into your hand perfectly. Love the girly pink colour too - quite proud of it sitting on the bathroom shelf! I won't be using it for travel, but it's certainly a very handly "travel" size if you need to take it away with you.

The only con I can find is that it does leave my legs dry after use, so I imagine it's not as gentle as others BUT it does get far better results. But obviously a good moisturise after use solves that. Having said that, the curved blade was very gentle yet effective on my underarms, and didn't give me any problems at all - so don't let this put you off.

In a nutshell - best ladyshaver I have discovered in over 20 years, and I have tried an awful lot of them believe me! Best £15 I've spent in a long time - especially with the summer here.

Belkin Portfolio Sleeve Carrying Case for Kindle Fire HD 7", Ruby (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7" [Previous Generation])

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, 21 Jun 2013
I've had this for a few months now and only just got round to giving it a review.
But, it's worn really well so far, and still looks as good as new. Gives great protection to my Kindle whilst being slim and not taking up too much room.
Also big plus - love the cheerful funky colour.

Would definately recommend this product - 5 Star review from me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4