Profile for NB > Reviews

Content by NB

NB (UK)

Dimplex Cadiz Eco 3 KW Electric Oil Free Radiator with Electronic Climate Control
Offered by Alert Electrical
Price: 168.45

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as a wall mounted heater, 12 Nov 2012
Very well made, fast to heat up, easy to set up and the remote control makes the heater easy to adjust from your arm chair. Very pleased with this heater and prefer it to oil filled radiators I have used in the past,its was worth the extra cost.

Retro Brass Bicycle Bell, made in England, 22-26mm stainless steel handlebar clamp & fittings, polished solid brass dome, loud musical sound
Offered by Lion Bellworks
Price: 15.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb bell, 8 Oct 2012
The bell arrived next day and is extremely well finnished. It rings with the clarity of a musical instrument. Highly reccomended.

Puncture Safe
Puncture Safe
Offered by Laguna Motorcycles Ltd.
Price: 20.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind, 19 Nov 2011
This review is from: Puncture Safe
I seem to pick up at least one puncture a year, and this last year I had two, the last one leaving me with a completly flat tyre at night, and a bill of 150 for a ruined tyre. I have known about this product for a few years, but although peole were quick to voice an opinion on it I could not find anyone who had used it. The main reasons people said they wouldn't use it were that it unbalances your wheels and it could mask a potentiality dangerous puncture. Well I can say that it dosn't unbalance your wheels. The FIRST TIME you use the bike after squeezing it into your tyres, the 1st 100 yards feels like your are traveling on a rough surface as the gell is distributed around the tyre then everything returns to normal, but this will only happen the 1st time out, and then never again. The gell will not seal a large potentiality dangerous puncture but it will slow the air as it escapes preventing rapid defation, small holes will be sealed straight away, leaving a small blue dot where the gell seals, then its up to you, either carry on using the tyre or get it changed. There are some interesting testimonials on the company website, but for me until I get another (potential) puncture it brings peace of mind.

Asics Men's Gt-2160 Lightning/Lightning Red Trainer T104Q 9393 8.5 UK
Asics Men's Gt-2160 Lightning/Lightning Red Trainer T104Q 9393 8.5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light weight running shoe, 19 Nov 2011
My last running shoe was the predecessor to this shoe, which I ran 18 miles a week on pavements for almost 18 months before they completely wore out, and I could not fault them, so these had a lot to live up to. They were delivered promptly, and I could tell the moment I put them on that they were a perfect fit for me, the instep is well built up, and they offer a lot of support which is important for me as I am flat footed, they are also very light. I ran 6 miles the first time out in these with no feeling that the shoe needed time to break in, they are very well vented, so if you run more than a couple of miles in the rain your feet will get wet, not a problem for runners, but worth bearing in mind if you were buying as a every day trainer. Will definitely buy again.

African Brew Ha Ha: A Motorcycle Quest from Lancashire to Cape Town
African Brew Ha Ha: A Motorcycle Quest from Lancashire to Cape Town
by Alan Whelan
Price: 7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 8 May 2011
This is to date one of the best motorcycle adventure books I have read. Alan Whelan tells it like it is, good and bad, by the end of the book you almost feel like you did the trip with him.

AVG Internet Security 9.0 (3 User, 2 Year)
AVG Internet Security 9.0 (3 User, 2 Year)

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor customer service, 13 Nov 2010
I have used Norton for years without problems, but thought I would try AVG. The seller provided an internet download copy not the cd as advertised, but they did explain this was because they have had problems with the cd version, and I could exchange it if I wanted. The problem I had was that the AVG software would not register despite multiple attempts. I emailed AVG advising them of the problem, but after a couple of days still had no reply, so I phoned their customer help line - which is a higher rate call, and was told I would be sent a new product number by email, I didn't get the email, but the next time I logged on the product finally registered. I did eventually get a reply to my original emails 9 days later. The software appears to be working ok now, but I think will go back to back to Norton next time.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and comfortable, 20 Aug 2010
Bought this for a motor cycle camping trip so compact size was important. It stayed inflated for three days, was comfortable to sleep on and it folded easily into its original compression bag.

Garmin Hard Carrying Case for Oregon
Garmin Hard Carrying Case for Oregon
Offered by Burrows
Price: 14.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 19 Jun 2010
If you have the Oregon gps then this is a must have, it completely protects you gps from damage, without blocking the gps signal.

Garmin Oregon 400t Handheld GPS with European Maps (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars All the bells and whistles, 19 Jun 2010
I have been using this gps unit for almost a year, and it has never let me down. I get at least 10 hours of use out of a set of rechargable batteries, depending on how often you view the screen, and if you are using the electronic compass function.

There are so many functions on the unit, that at first I found myself looking more at the unit than the scenery, but once I had worked out which functions I was most interested in I was able to arrange the screen so that they are all on the same page.

Despite all the functions, a lot of which I would not see myself using as a weekend walker, the unit is very intuitive to use, I always use it in conjunction with an OS map, but one of the most reasuring functions I like is the ability to zoom in and out of the map view, so you can pull back and see exactly where you are and where you have been, in relation to your surroundings, instead of having to get the map out in a gale.

I use Garmin Map Share softwareGarmin Trip and Waypoint Manager to load routes onto the unit, which does not come with it, although you can enter waypoints and make routes on the unit, and the model specific caseGarmin Hard Carrying Case for Oregon is fantastic, well worth getting.

If you can justify the extra cost over a standard gps unit, then this is worth having, I never go out walking without it now.