Profile for Spanglish mum > Reviews

Jackdaws
Jackdaws
by Ken Follett

5.0 out of 5 stars Page-turner!, 19 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Jackdaws (Hardcover)
Read this because it was recommended reading for my book club. I don't normally read many bestsellers, but I really enjoyed this one.

Buddha's Book of Sleep: Sleep Better in Seven Weeks with Mindfulness Meditation
Buddha's Book of Sleep: Sleep Better in Seven Weeks with Mindfulness Meditation
by Joseph Emet

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm extremely disappointed. There's little new information if you have read ..., 30 July 2015
After all the positive reviews I read, I had high hopes for this book. Frankly, I'm extremely disappointed. There's little new information if you have read about mindfulness elsewhere and the whole book could do with a thorough proofreading. There are plenty of parts in the book that are poorly worded, and the worst is the exercises section. It starts off with "Week One - Calming the Mind" and then there's no mention of Weeks Two to Seven, or what they are aiming to do!! This is an unbelievable oversight that should have been picked up long before the book went to print. The whole of the exercises section seems vague and lacking direction. I am in two minds as to whether to send it back or persevere with the exercises.

Red Nose Readers Collection - 16 Books (Paperback)
Red Nose Readers Collection - 16 Books (Paperback)
by Allan Ahlberg

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor content, didn't capture the attention of my kids, 30 July 2015
Tiny, flimsy books. Poor content, didn't capture the attention of my kids. Disappointing.

Platypus - Soft Toy, 16" Long
Platypus - Soft Toy, 16" Long
Offered by Lincrafts

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 July 2015
My niece loved this platypus!!

Flow Yoga: Elements of Yoga: Air & Water with Tara Lee
Flow Yoga: Elements of Yoga: Air & Water with Tara Lee
Dvd ~ Tara Lee
Offered by New Shoot Pictures Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this DVD but I must admit I feel a ..., 30 July 2015
I like this DVD but I must admit I feel a bit diddled because the bonus section is identical to the first DVD (and the third).

David Carradine: An Introduction for Beginners to Chi Energy Work Out [DVD] [1997]
Dvd ~ David Carradine
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars but I like it!, 30 July 2015
Kind of cheesy, but I like it!

Cricket Set Size 3 in PVC Bag
Cricket Set Size 3 in PVC Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 July 2015
Excellent cricket set. Great value for money. Really pleased. Have bought a couple of these.

The Top 100 Immunity Boosters: 100 Recipes to Keep Your Immune System Fighting Fit
by Charlotte Haigh

5.0 out of 5 stars We love these books in our family (the whole series), 30 July 2015
We love these books in our family (the whole series). My kids like learning about the different foods and their nutritional value. The recipes are a bit hit and miss, but some of them are good, at least for trying new things.

Family Yoga [DVD]
Family Yoga [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rodney Yee
Offered by Fulfillment Express

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 30 July 2015
This review is from: Family Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
Not particularly engaging. My kids weren't inspired to do yoga more, and neither was my hubby!

The Circle
The Circle
by Dave Eggers

5.0 out of 5 stars but I thought it was a good read anyway, 30 July 2015
This review is from: The Circle (Paperback)
This was on my Book Club list. I normally read more literary books, but I thought it was a good read anyway. Really makes you think!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4