Profile for S. Wilson > Reviews

Content by S. Wilson
Top Reviewer Ranking: 96

S. Wilson (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluesky Gel Polish Top and Base Coat, 22 July 2014
I have been using this top and base coat nail polish alongside different colours from the same brand and my USpicy® DIAMANT Nail Dryer 24W CCFL & LED UV Nail Lamp (UV & LED 2 in 1 Nail Gel Lamp), with Fixed Timer 20s, 40s, 60s (Rose) for a few weeks now and it is saving me a fortune in nail salon costs. The top and base coat definitely adds to the finish of the coloured polish and helps it set better in my opinion. Both polishes are easy to apply and set well under the nail lamp. I have also bought a few other shades from this same brand. A really good and cheap alternative to paying £25 a time at the nail salon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluesky Gel Polish Rubble, 22 July 2014
I have been using this nail polish alongside my USpicy® DIAMANT Nail Dryer 24W CCFL & LED UV Nail Lamp (UV & LED 2 in 1 Nail Gel Lamp), with Fixed Timer 20s, 40s, 60s (Rose) for a few weeks now and it is saving me a fortune in nail salon costs. The colour is true to what is shown on the description page and a nice shade for wearing during the week or when you want a slightly less vivid colour to wear. The polish is easy to apply and sets well under the nail lamp. I am using it alongside Bluesky Nail Gel 10ml Top and Base Coat as it makes for a better finish and have also bought a few other shades from this same brand. A really good and cheap alternative to paying £25 a time at the nail salon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluesky Gel Polish Midnight Swim, 22 July 2014
I have been using this nail polish alongside my USpicy® DIAMANT Nail Dryer 24W CCFL & LED UV Nail Lamp (UV & LED 2 in 1 Nail Gel Lamp), with Fixed Timer 20s, 40s, 60s (Rose) for a few weeks now and it is saving me a fortune in nail salon costs. The colour is a bit darker than shown on the description page but lovely and bright for summer. The polish is easy to apply and sets well under the nail lamp. I am using it alongside Bluesky Nail Gel 10ml Top and Base Coat as it makes for a better finish and have also bought a few other shades from this same brand. A really good and cheap alternative to paying £25 a time at the nail salon.

Offered by Tips And Toez

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluesky Gel Polish Neon Cerise, 22 July 2014
I have been using this nail polish alongside my USpicy® DIAMANT Nail Dryer 24W CCFL & LED UV Nail Lamp (UV & LED 2 in 1 Nail Gel Lamp), with Fixed Timer 20s, 40s, 60s (Rose) for a few weeks now and it is saving me a fortune in nail salon costs. The colour is true to what is shown on the description page and lovely and bright for summer. The polish is easy to apply and sets well under the nail lamp. I am using it alongside Bluesky Nail Gel 10ml Top and Base Coat as it makes for a better finish and have also bought a few other shades from this same brand. A really good and cheap alternative to paying £25 a time at the nail salon.

Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars USpicy UV Nail Lamp/Dryer (Rose), 22 July 2014
I have been using this UV nail lamp for a little over a month now and I can confirm that it is a brilliant little product which has given me near salon perfect shellac nails. I say near perfect but this has nothing to do with the lamp and more to do with the fact that I am still trying to master the actual application of the shellac varnish as I have made the mistake a few times of applying it like normal nail polish i.e. right to all the edges of the nail when the salon would normally leave a small gap around the edges and it is my bad application that has made the edges look a bit messy and not the machines fault at all.

This UV nail lamp is going to save me a fortune over the next possible 10 years (it advertises that it has 50,000 hours life which would be 5 years of continuous usage which obviously wouldn't happen and I estimate I would possibly get a new nail lamp within a 10 year period even if this one was still working) and I and my friends and family who have also used it are extremely impressed. At almost £25 a time for the salon to do my shellac nails this is a no-brainer for me to save some money for both myself and my friends and family and I can't believe now having used it how I didn't think of it by myself before the company approached me to test it for them. Of course you need to purchase you own base coat, top coat and actual UV nail polish but there are very reasonably priced brands out there and on Amazon which is where I purchased mine. Although an initial expenditure for the varnish etc by them time you have used the bottles fully you would more than have made that money back and saved the expense of the salon so a brilliant cost cutting idea in itself.

The nail lamp is extremely easy to use as you simply plug it in to the mains socket with the included adapter and you are away once you select which timer button to use. You can stop the UV nail lamp at any point even in the middle of a timer by simply pressing that button once more. I have been applying the base coat and then drying/setting my nails in the lamp for 2 minutes by pressing the 1 minute timer button twice, then I apply the first colour coat and again 2 minutes in the lamp, then the second colour coat and again 2 minutes in the lamp and finally the top coat and again 2 minutes in the lamp so all in all the process takes around 8 minutes per hand not including application time so really quick, easy and in the comfort of my own home watching my television once the children have gone to bed.

The nail lamp comes in a really nice box and includes the UV nail lamp, instruction booklet, plug adapter and a nail buffer and I chose to receive the rose coloured uv lamp which to me looks quite garish in the photos but is actually a lovely darker pink shade in reality. I can't at yet present confirm if it lives up to it's 50,000 hours claim especially when the varnish itself is lasting just under 2 weeks without any chips etc but I shall update this review to advise if at any point it stops working in the future so if I haven't updated it to advise this then you can be assured that the lamp is still working perfectly.

These are the nail varnishes that I have been using alongside the lamp thus far in case it's of any help to anyone:
Bluesky Gel Polish Neon Cherise

So in summary a brilliant little UV nail lamp that has so far saved me a fortune at the nail salon and that I would definitely recommend to any potential user/purchaser. Finally just to confirm that I received this UV nail lamp from the manufacturer to test and provide an impartial honest review.

Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting Clock
Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting Clock

5.0 out of 5 stars New Favourite Toy, 21 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My toddler is absolutely obsessed with this clock at the moment and also another toy; Ambi Toys Lock-a-Block which are his two favourite toys at the moment. I think it is because they are both shape sorting toys which he has become very interested in recently and I think it is because he knows that he can now do this perfectly and loves the praise he gets from us when he does. Anyway I digress so apologies! The clock is brilliant and one of the things that I like about it is that it is made completely from wood except for the plastic pin that holds the clock hands onto the face of the clock. My son is too young for the clock part of the toy as yet however we are trying to make little games with it and talk about breakfast time, lunch time, tea time, bed time etc in the hopes that this will start some early recognition with him. The inside clock has the times in seconds such as 25 past whilst the outside shape sorting part shows the main clock times of 1 to 12 with a corresponding shape for each number and shape slot. The shapes are brightly coloured with different shapes such as a star shape, triangle, square, octagon etc and they fit easily into the corresponding coloured recesses so your little one doesn't have to force the shapes into the holes. I agree with another reviewer in that it would have been nice if they had used more colours rather than using 4 green shades, 2 pink shades, 2 red shades, 2 blue shades and two orange shades but especially the green shades as my son does get a little confused with those 4 although does manage to work it out when the shape doesn't fit in the slot he is trying to put it into. Finally I really like that the back of the clock has a wedge so that when it is placed on a surface rather than lying flat is lies on an incline which makes it easier for little ones to see the clock face etc. A really good and extremely educational toy which has the thumbs up in our house from both me and my son and I would definitely recommend the toy to any prospective purchaser.

Precious Pink Wabbit - Infant Costume 0 - 6 months
Precious Pink Wabbit - Infant Costume 0 - 6 months
Offered by Mouse2Mat24

3.0 out of 5 stars Baby Girls Pink Easter Bunny Costume, 28 Jun 2014
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
Well I do agree with the other reviewer's on this product in that for the money it's not fantastic quality and I was surprised at this as it does state on the label inside that it is a Rubies outfit (those adverts currently on the kids channels for the four different princess dresses that are available at Argos). However having said that we did get our moneys worth so to speak as my daughter looked absolutely adorable in the outfit which I only put on her for about 20 minutes whilst I took pictures of her in it - yes I know that she is going to kill me for it when she gets older but I just couldn't resist! I have previously also bought this outfit in blue for my son when he was little and so I did know what to expect in quality etc prior to purchase although I was still surprised at the amount of fur shedding this time around.
The actual outfit in the picture shows the outfit as being a bit more 'fluffy' whilst the actual outfit although not threadbare was certainly not as 'fluffy'. I bought the outfit in the 0-6 months size and it did fit my daughter okay except that the wrist elastic was a little tighter than I would have liked and as she was just over 4.5 months at the time of wearing it it was a bit tight so I'd suggest getting a bigger size if your little one is near the top end of the sizes.
Would I buy it again knowing what I know now? Yes I would, although I would expect to pay less than I did for it (bought for £14.94 from marketplace seller Fancy Dress Discount Store via Amazon). If you are just buying this for your little one to wear for a short period and you are going to keep an eye on them to make sure none of the 'fluff' comes off and you don't mind paying the price then yes this is for you but if you are expecting a high quality product that you want your little one to wear for a while then no.

Trunki PaddlePak Water-Resistant Backpack - Spike the PufferFish (Yellow)
Trunki PaddlePak Water-Resistant Backpack - Spike the PufferFish (Yellow)
Offered by Baba Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Toddler Loves it!, 28 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Please note this review is for Spike the PufferFish (Yellow) but for some reason it is linking to Inky the Octopus.

I know that the backpack is primarily meant to be used for going swimming or to keep items dry in the rain but since this arrived my son is obsessed with it and uses it to carry all of his toys around the house from room to room. My son is a toddler and so cannot operate the roll top close or catch but I'm sure he'll work it out as he gets older. I love how bright the bag is and the little reflective strips and my son since discovering the little zip pouch in the tail is obsessed with this too (he can operate the zip fine by himself). The straps are nice and padded for little arms and shoulders although I wouldn't be putting anything too heavy in there but it is still nice from a comfort angle. I think I shall be purchasing another one of these but in a different design (so we can tell which bag is which) for my daughter when she gets older and possibly a few may end up on the Christmas list for nieces and nephews. A gorgeous little backpack that will get plenty of use swimming etc or just transporting toys from room to room!

EDIT 28/06/2014:-
We recently went away to a wedding over the weekend and my son took his paddlepak with him and filled it with his and his baby sisters toys. He loved carrying the toys around in his little fish bag and looked super cute doing so. He was really pleased with himself getting to help Mummy and Daddy by carrying his bag in and out of the hotel (and insisted on carrying it around with him over the weekend too). The bag more than handled the demands of a toddler (and other children who wanted a go of the bag too) and not only could we spot him from the brightness of the bag when he was off playing with the other children but it held everything we needed to keep him amused during the wedding and reception. A brilliant little bag that I would highly recommend.
EDIT 21/07/2014:-
The bag has just been away on a camping trip with us and I can confirm that it more than handled the very wet rainy conditions as we were trying to unpack and re-pack the car as it had my son and daughters toys in which some were electronic but are still in perfect condition and working.

Offered by DWSD Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Spooky Dreams, 28 Jun 2014
Two of my nieces are absolutely Monster High mad at the moment - as with the majority of girls in their years at school. At first glance they may seem a little creepy but I must admit that if Monster High had been out and about when I was little then I would have actually liked dolls (well the Monster High ones anyway) and I am quite upset that I am far too old for them now!
I have bought this Spectra Vondergeist bed play set as a present for one of my nieces as she has a couple of different versions of the Spectra Vondergeist doll (who is one of her favourites). I am considering buying another set for my other niece as she too loves her Spectra Vondergeist doll and the price is phenomenally low on Amazon at the moment (less than half the normal price). I couldn't resist having a quick peek at the bed set before wrapping it and I told myself that "this was for purely checking that everything was included that should be....." - oh how I wish I was a little girl again just to play with the Monster High stuff! My one gripe with the set is that it includes a bed for Spectra's pet Rhuen (who is a purple ghost ferret) but not Rhuen themselves and despite massive searching I cannot find anywhere to actually get Rhuen other than from one marketplace seller on Amazon who is selling Spectra with Rhuen but wants a silly amount of money for the doll. It would have been really good if Rhuen had been included with the set but I shall have to keep looking.

Dimensions:-
The bed itself is 28.8cm long from headboard to end, 10.5cm wide and 28.5 high from the top of the black headboard to the base of the see-through legs (the sleeping area is 27.9cm x 10cm and so the Spectra doll or other Monster High dolls will actually be able to lie flat on the bed with the majority of them measuring 27cm high including heels).

The bed itself is designed to give the illusion of it floating as the black bed legs themselves appear to be floating with the use of clear legs underneath the bed for it to actually stand on and the flexible purple chains surrounding the bottom of the bed all the way around mostly hide this fact. The pink mattress part of the bed is made with a hard plastic however all of the bedstead and chains whilst plastic are a softer plastic which I assume is to protect it from breaking easily and does make the bed set a lot nicer. I thought my set had come without the bedside table and candle as per the pictures but it has actually cleverly been included on the top of the headboard and can either be left there or removed and placed as a bedside table with candle. There is also another candle on the side of the headboard and this can also be removed and placed elsewhere on the bed. The bed set comes with a lap tray for Spectra to eat etc in bed, a purple drink, tombstone shaped computer tablet and a mini Spectra's journal. The bed has a swivel television built into the foot of the bed with a spooky movie on one side and a skull shape in the back, a striped cushion and chain link style cover are also included. Rhuen's bed also has little in-built plastic pillow shape designs inside it and a soft chain link surround.

Spectra Vondergeist is the daughter of The Ghosts and is 16 years old. As she is a ghost she can float through walls and listen in to other students thereby earning her a reputation as a bit of a gossip. This is a really nice little set and perfect for any Monster High or Spectra Vondergeist fans. Personally I wouldn't pay or say it was worth the full rrp but at just under £13 I think it is a fantastic little set.

Here's some links to other Spectra Vondergeist dolls etc which hopefully may be of use to someone:-
Monster High Ghouls Night Out Doll Spectra Vondergeist
Monster High 13 Wishes Room Party and Spectra
Monster High Drop Dead Gorgeous Spectra Vonderguist
Monster High Ghoul Spirit Spectra Vondergeist Doll
Monster High Ghouls Alive Spectra
Monster High Dead Tired Spectra Vondergeist Doll
Monster High Picture Day Spectra Doll

Just a quick note to double check before you buy as there are a couple of separate links for this bed on Amazon and one of the links is via Amazon themselves and is a lot cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Spooky Dreams, 28 Jun 2014