Profile for S. Wilson > Reviews

Content by S. Wilson
Top Reviewer Ranking: 64

S. Wilson (UK)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philips Avent Easy Sip Spout Cup (260 ml, Pink)
Philips Avent Easy Sip Spout Cup (260 ml, Pink)

4.0 out of 5 stars Philips Avent Easy Sip Spout Cup, 6 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have a few of these and the main difference with this sipper cup to others my children have used in the past is that the spout is extremely soft and very much like a normal bottle teat in ways. Whilst this is great for that transition between bottle and sipper, this is also the potential down side to the sipper cup, as from other reviews I have read and past experience with bottle teats this will make it very likely to split if your little one is prone to chewing them. There are replacement spouts (Philips Avent Replacement Cup Spout - Soft Silicone - 6+ Months) for if/when the provided spout is split however a quick internet search doesn't actually show anywhere selling them at the time of writing this review so it's worth bearing in mind that this may be a one use and buy another one product.

The cups are suitable from 6 months old and all of the lids and handles are interchangeable between other Philips Avent cups which is handy in those mad moments with a little one where you can't find the correct lid for the correct cup! The cup has a rippled effect around it to help your little one grip the cup and there are also versions available with handles, which you could then interchange between cups. My daughter really likes this cup and I think it is because it is so alike a bottle as she refuses to drink her milk normally in anything other than a bottle but has been happy to use this cup. Like other Philips Avent products it is BPA free and dishwasher safe. The cup also has a little lid to cover the spout when not in use. A really good idea with the soft spout but Philips do need to make the replacement spouts available otherwise it will mean buying a brand new cup each time the spout is split and this is the reason I have deducted a star from my marking.

AmazonBasics Quick Dry Towel Set, 2 Bath & 4 Hand - White
AmazonBasics Quick Dry Towel Set, 2 Bath & 4 Hand - White

2.0 out of 5 stars Soft but Unfortunately Thin, 4 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I very rarely tend to give less than 3 stars for anything as to be honest I generally don't pick anything I won't like and I did think via the product description that this would be another winning choice for me however I am a little bit disappointed which also has never normally happened on Amazon Basics products I have had in the past.

The towel bale comprises of four hand and two bath towels. They are 100% cotton and can be machine washed up to 60degrees and tumble dried on a high heat setting.

The towels are lovely and soft however they are very thin and maybe this is why they are entitled quick dry. When compared to my usual towels which I have bought from a very large bedding and homeware store beginning with D and my others from a large supermarket beginning with A I am sorry to say the quality does not match and especially when comparing the value against each other also.

I've had a few Amazon Basics items in the past which have been brilliant however these have been a bit of a disappointment. For the cost and quality of these compared to my normal towel suppliers I will stick to my usual stores unfortunately and these will just be kept as spares. Also as another reviewer stated the bath sheets do not fit around me but my usual ones do and so these are slightly smaller than my usual ones.

Hallmark Baby Contemporary Gem Decoration Card - Medium
Hallmark Baby Contemporary Gem Decoration Card - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful New Baby Neutral Banner Card, 4 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a gorgeous New Baby Girl card which is also gender neutral so perfect if you wanted to buy a card in advance and the new parents were not finding out the gender of the baby. Not only is the card gender neutral but it also turns into a banner and so can be used by the new parents as a banner decoration. The banner card has six parts to it and each part holds a message and is in a different shape which alternates between a house and a circle shape. The messages on each banner part reads as follows:

"such tweet news!" - On the reverse side of this is the space for you to write your message to the happy couple.
"from here until FOREVER!" - Just plain cardboard on the reverse of this piece.
"and a happy little nest" - Just patterned cardboard on the reverse of this piece.
"there'll be chirpy times ahead" - Just plain yellow card on the reverse of this piece.
"hello little baby" - Just patterned cardboard on the reverse of this piece.
"WELCOME to the WORLD" - Plain patterned cardboard with the 'normal' reverse of a card information on and the Hallmark mark.

The banner card is nice and thick and each piece is beautifully designed and a card I would be more than happy to receive myself. The banner parts are threaded together with yellow ribbon and the colours are primarily yellows, greys and neutral tones used with a bird and home design throughout. The first piece of the banner has a space on the back to write your message and to and from sections along with the words "LOTS OF LOVE + CONGRATULATIONS!".

Each banner piece measures approx 16cm long by 16cm wide and the full banner measures 170cm long from ribbon end to end. The banner card comes with a white envelope that fits it perfectly and a short background sheet and both are wrapped in a cellophane wallet. All have the Hallmark stamp on them as usual with Hallmark cards and so you are getting exactly the same product as if you bought it in a card shop or supermarket but instead buying it online with Amazon and delivered straight to your door. A lovely card with a duplicate use and beautifully designed.

I must admit prior to receiving this card and some others I have recently tested and reviewed I wouldn't have even considered buying a card online at Amazon and to be honest I didn't actually know they sold them. I've just bought a couple of Father's Day cards from Amazon as a result and they are all of the same quality and standard as if I'd bought the Hallmark card's from the local supermarket or card shop. Really beautifully designed gorgeous card and delivered in a protective card wallet to prevent it being bent just like the well known 'make your own card' people online do.

Hallmark Pop Up 1st Birthday Card 'To Granddaughter' - Large Square
Hallmark Pop Up 1st Birthday Card 'To Granddaughter' - Large Square

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Beautiful 4D Pop Up Birthday Card, 4 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This card, and it's Grandson counterpart ([[ASIN: B00BD8IPMS Hallmark 1st Birthday Grandson Pop Up Noah's Ark Card]]) are by far the most beautiful Birthday cards I have ever seen and I am including the make your own cards on other Internet sites in this statement. My one and only negative is that Hallmark don't do different versions with Son and Daughter on and different ages as yes I would be possibly slightly strange and buy these cards each year for my children if they did - well at least every other year. Bring it out in Son, Daughter, Niece and Nephew versions please Hallmark!

As I have said above this card is simply gorgeous and I don't think that the product pictures manage to show off just how lovely it is in person. The message on one side of Noah's Ark's roof reads "Granddaughter 1" and the message on the opposite side reads "Today, you're one - one year more special, more precious, more loved!". On the same side as the main message is a space for you to write your own message and the base of the Ark has the normal back of the card details that a standard card has.

The card comes with instructions on how to pop it out but basically it just involves pushing down on the centre of the deck. There are little windows on the ships sides that you can push out and the attention to detail is truly beautiful and even has animals on the inside of the Ark and inside of the structure on the deck. A gorgeous card that will not only make a lovely Birthday card but also a perfect keepsake for any memory box. I have included some pictures I took of the card which hopefully show the card in a little bit more detail than the product pictures but due to space restrictions I couldn't include them all with my review.

The card measures approx 18cm long by 22cm wide when flat packed and when built measures approx 17cm tall by 9.2cm wide by 18cm long. The attention to detail doesn't stop with the card and the envelope it comes with is also beautifully designed with a sea scene with the same Noah's Ark sailing on the sea and a big white cloud to write in. The card fits the envelope perfectly and both come wrapped in a cellophane wallet with an instruction sheet. All have the Hallmark stamp on them as usual with Hallmark cards and so you are getting exactly the same product as if you bought it in a card shop or supermarket but instead buying it online with Amazon and delivered straight to your door.

A stunning card that I would highly recommend and I am honestly hoping Hallmark bring out other versions too as I would buy them in a heartbeat.

Hallmark 1st Birthday Grandson Juvenile Pop Up Card - Large Square
Hallmark 1st Birthday Grandson Juvenile Pop Up Card - Large Square

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Beautiful 4D Pop Up Birthday Card, 4 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This card, and it's Granddaughter counterpart ([[ASIN: B00BD8MLLE Hallmark Pop Up 1st Birthday Granddaughter Noah's Ark Card]]) are by far the most beautiful Birthday cards I have ever seen and I am including the make your own cards on other Internet sites in this statement. My one and only negative is that Hallmark don't do different versions with Son and Daughter on and different ages as yes I would be possibly slightly strange and buy these cards each year for my children if they did - well at least every other year. Bring it out in Son, Daughter, Niece and Nephew versions please Hallmark!

As I have said above this card is simply gorgeous and I don't think that the product pictures manage to show off just how lovely it is in person. The message on one side of Noah's Ark's roof reads "Grandson 1" and the message on the opposite side reads "Today, you're one - one year more special, more precious, more loved!". On the same side as the main message is a space for you to write your own message and the base of the Ark has the normal back of the card details that a standard card has.

Thomas & Friends Take-n-Play Thomas Engine
Thomas & Friends Take-n-Play Thomas Engine

5.0 out of 5 stars Toot Toot Thomas, 3 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Made from Die-Cast Metal this little Thomas is the perfect addition to any of the Take-n-Play Thomas & Friends range and my son is playing with it with his Thomas & Friends Take-n-Play Roaring Dino Run play set although he can obviously be played with without a set or any of the other Take-n-Play sets.

Thomas has magnets on his front and back to allow him to be connected to other trains and carriages and he is the perfect size for little hands. Thomas comes in a clear plastic package with cardboard backing and measures approx 8cm long by 4cm high by 3cm wide. He is in the usual Thomas colours with a smiley face and my son loves him.

CALMURID PRO Moisturising Hand Cream
CALMURID PRO Moisturising Hand Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars Calmurid Pro Moisturising Hand Cream, 2 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Both myself and my husband suffer with really dry skin on out hands and have discovered that this is mostly to do with the amount of times we wash them during a day. As we have two little ones it seems like we are constantly washing our hands between bottles and nappy changes.
We have only been using this cream a short while but first impressions are hopeful that this will help add some moisture back into our dry hands along with another new cream we are trying out. The cream is unassuming and the packaging quite plain but the cream spreads well and is easy to apply. The cream comes in a box and then arrived in a padded jiffy bag. Although it is quite oily when first applied, it dries in to your skin very quickly and doesn't then leave your skin feeling oily.

I can't smell any fragrance which is one of the things my skin normally reacts to and so first impressions are very good. Time will tell if this is a better brand than our current one and another cream we are currently testing and so I shall update my review if there are any issues with the cream etc in future. At present I am using this cream more than are others due to fact it absorbs into the skin so quickly and doesn't leave mine feely oily afterwards. The cream comes in a box as mentioned above and the main cream itself is in a squeeze tube with flip lid and comes in a 50g tube.

WOW Toys Birthday Countdown Calendar
WOW Toys Birthday Countdown Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow Countdown Fun!, 1 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a brilliant idea although not maybe one I'd want to do each year unless of course the WOW company came up with different Birthday sets. The countdown calendar is similar to an advent calendar in that your little one gets to open a different window each day in the countdown to their Birthday. Unlike a traditional advent calendar, there are toys behind each window rather than chocolate and the idea is that they all go together to become a little play set in the end.

There are 10 windows to count down the 10 days days up to and including your little one's Birthday and it's a fun way to start the excitement up to the big day (although as any parent of a young child already knows, they are normally bouncing around for days before their Birthday, along with a very early wake up call for us parents on the actual day too!).

The 10 windows each have a different toy behind and include:
Iggy the Trike
Ice Cream Trike Piece
Will (Boy) Figure
Birthday Cake Piece

One of the big things I love about the set, other than the idea, is that the toys are (according to the packaging) all PVC free, do not have any toxic paint and have no super small parts and so they really have given thought to this being a pre-school toy. I have two children and both are under pre-school age and so this little bit of extra thought is reassuring to know.

Not only have WOW thought of the toys' and their actual make-up but they have also put some thought into making them a little bit more interesting than just standard figurine pieces and the ice cream spins around on the top of the trike, the table top spins around and of course the trike moves. The table top has a shape sorter style to it with the jelly, cake and birthday present all being different shapes as so only fitting in their specific slots and so a bit of an educational slant has also been put onto the set too which is another thing I like about it.

In addition to this the actual box has some play value too as they have incorporated a slide on one side, which has a tree top door which you can put your little ones name on and your little one can pop the figure into here with the figure popping out of the tree base door below. There is also a small activity sheet which has ten different activities for each day such as colouring in, dot to dot, counting, maze game, spot the difference, hide and seek (a sort of wheres Wally but with Trixie the Rabbit) and a word game too.

The first countdown number which is the number 10 is already open and reveals the Mr Magic Figure which at first I was disappointed about as it sort of loses a window for your little one to open but considering the slide top and bottom doors open I think this makes up for that small fact.

The set is beautifully presented and all of the box, activity sheet and toys are in bright colours to catch your little ones eye. A brilliant idea and a truly lovely set which I shall add pictures for as soon as possible. I am definitely interested now in trying some of their other products and in particular their other countdown calendars with the holiday countdown being a must for our upcoming holiday and I believe this includes bath toys so a definite win win! WOW was once a brand that hand on heart I completely overlooked and sort of snubbed but having now seen this calendar and the quality of their product I'm not ashamed to say I hastily judged them to begin with. A definite recommendation from me for this countdown calendar.

WOW Toys Holiday Countdown Calendar
WOW Toys Pre-School Countdown Calendar
WOW Toys Special Day Countdown Calendar

Cetaphil 100 g Moisturising Cream
Cetaphil 100 g Moisturising Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars Cetaphil Moisturising Cream, 1 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have only been using this cream a short while but first impressions are hopeful that this will help add some moisture back into our dry hands. The cream is unassuming and the packaging quite plain but the cream spreads well and is easy to apply. The cream comes in a box and then arrived in a padded jiffy bag. One thing I will say is that it is quite oily when applied and so it is best applying when you don't have something that you immediately need to do straight after, as I made the mistake of this and then had to wipe the excess away with some tissue.

I can't smell any fragrance which is one of the things my skin normally reacts to and so first impressions are very good. Time will tell if this is a better brand than our current one and so I shall update my review if there are any issues with the cream etc in future. At present my husband is using this cream more than myself as he doesn't mind oily creams but personally I prefer non oily ones. The cream comes in a box as mentioned above and the main cream itself is in a squeeze tube and is a 100g tube.

Disney Inside Out Small Figure Fear
Disney Inside Out Small Figure Fear

5.0 out of 5 stars Aarghhh! Look Out!, 28 Jun. 2015
This Fear figure is from the new Disney Pixar film Inside Out which is released in the UK next month. The film is all about emotions and how each of us has five emotions controlling our actions from inside our heads. These emotions are in the form of five characters; Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust and Fear and they control how we perceive things from their control console's in our mind. The film is absolutely fantastic, as usual and as to be expected from Disney Pixar and had both the adults and children at the recent preview screening my son and I were very lucky to attend laughing out loud (and I'm not ashamed to say and again as is usual with Disney had me shedding a tear or ten!). This is bound to be the next big hit from Disney Pixar and the corresponding toys that go alongside from Tomy are bound to be on most children's Birthday and Christmas lists.

The small figure range can be played with alone or alongside the Disney Inside Out Control Console or the Disney Inside Out Headquarters Playset which is where they come alive as alongside the Control Console the figures light up along with their memory balls and with the Headquarters the memory ball images can be projected onto the wall screen. Be warned though that the projected images on the Headquarters are not as good as the product pictures, however they are still good and certainly would appeal to the younger child. The figurines on their own are really good and not bad value and my son has been playing for hours with the set since receiving them for free to test and provide a review.

The Fear figure stands at approx 11.5cm including his hair curl and he is responsible for keeping Riley safe. He has some of the funniest scenes in the film and is generally scared of everything and can find something dangerous with everything!

The Fear figure's arms and legs are movable and he can stand unaided. He can hold his memory ball by slipping his fingers inside the gap provide on the ball. He is made of a soft flexible plastic and his arms and legs are fully movable and the most flexible out of all of the little characters although his head does not move.

A brilliant film and I would highly recommend it and I will definitely be pre-ordering the Blu-ray when able to. The toys we have managed to look at and test so far all seem really good with the only negative that the projection on the Headquarters isn't as good as the product pictures show (but is still good) and I've attached some pictures of the figure with their memory ball as shown on the Headquarters and I hope to be able to show some pictures of the Control Console and the figure lighting up soon too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20