Profile for S. Wilson > Reviews

Content by S. Wilson
Top Reviewer Ranking: 97

S. Wilson (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DBPOWER® LTL5210A 12 MP Infrared Camera Hunting Camera Trail Camera for Wildlife Surveys, Scenery Shooting, Automatic Detection Field, Home and Office Security Forensics, Supermarket Security Evidence
Offered by buyinsummer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Wildlife Camera and Very Easy To Use, 27 July 2014
Just to let you know that I, like the previous reviewer Mrs MSU, will unfortunately not really be able to go into any technical detail on the camera as to be entirely honest I'm not all that technologically minded so apologies in advance if you were after a techie review from me. I can and will however put forth my review from hopefully the average persons point of view and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me via the comments option as I do periodically check to see if I have any comments on reviews that need answering.

Let me firstly tell you that my husband is thrilled with this camera and it has quickly become his new 'toy'. We have had and been testing the camera for nearly two months now and I have to say that it is an amazing piece of kit who's photos are absolutely brilliant. I shall be updating this review at some point in the future to include some pictures but have seen the ones in the customer pictures section from the reviewer Darkcell along with his video and review which are fantastic so I shall point you in that reviews direction should you wish for a more techie review.

When the camera came we were initially overwhelmed as it seemed to be well above our technological limits however my husband pored over the instruction manual and then basically messed around with the camera in the back garden until he got used to it. He was able to use it very quickly and it is actually extremely simple to use once you have read the instructions.

The camera comes with a TV AV cable, a USB cable, a fabric strap for tying to a tree or wherever you are tying it to, the user manual and a one year warranty card. The camera has a nice feel of weight to it and is camouflaged to fit in with it's surroundings. You will need four AA batteries but the camera also has an additional battery pack attached which takes another four AA batteries which means you can double the amount of power for the unit. The camera box advertises that the batteries will last in standby mode for up to six months with the eight batteries included but we have only been using the camera for two months and so I can not as yet confirm if this is the case although I am sure it will be. You will also need an SD card to use the camera and store your pictures and films and we are currently using a 8GB card as the actual camera has no internal memory and so will not work without the SD card.

The camera has a PIR sensor which for any of you that like me are not techie simply means it has a motion sensor which is activated when anything passes by it and the camera will automatically start taking pictures and or videos depending on what you have set it to take. The camera also has a time lapse setting whereby you can set it to take pictures at regular intervals as opposed to just using the PIR sensor setting. The camera is waterproof which is obviously a must with it being outside. The camera has an internal screen for viewing the pictures on so you don't have to wait until you connect to the TV or computer to view what pictures have been taken.

This as I have said is a brilliant piece of kit which my husband is made up with and has been set up in our back garden for the last nearly two months. We have predominantly been using the camera as a sort of security camera but the idea is to be able to capture our resident Robin when he comes back to the garden in winter as he seems to visit us each year but every time we go to get a picture of him he becomes camera shy and flies off! Also and again I know not the intended usage of the camera we have been catching on film our night sneak pooer cat that seems to like to leave a present in our back garden every night and we have finally caught the little pooper and now know which neighbourhood cat is responsible - not that we can do anything about it of course but at least we can look it in the eye and give it the look that says "we know it's you!" and also know it was not one of our cats! Anyway I digress, we are looking forward to getting some shots of our elusive Robin come winter and if I get any good shots of other wildlife and not just the neighbours cat pooing in our garden I shall post them soon in the customer photo's section.
Anyway a brilliant camera and we would highly recommend it to any avid wildlife photographer or just to any person that would like to get some pictures of wildlife in their back garden or local woods etc.
Finally just to confirm that I received this camera direct from the manufacturer to test and provide an impartial honest review.

Teamson Enchanted Forest Cooker
Teamson Enchanted Forest Cooker

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but Bashed, 27 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly let me start by saying that had my cooker been in pristine condition that I would have given it 5 stars without any hesitation or thought at all as the cooker is (or would be) quite simply beautiful. Unfortunately the cooker that I received to test and review has several damaged parts on it which whilst they do not prevent the cooker being built are unsightly in parts and for the advertised quality (and price) of the piece I would have expected to have received a perfect cooker. Indeed had I purchased this then I would have been extremely unhappy at the marks on it and would have been contacting the company for replacement parts or returning the cooker for a replacement. In my opinion Teamson need to have some better quality control for their products leaving their warehouse. As the cooker was very clearly perfectly packaged it is obvious that these areas of damage were done prior to the cooker being packaged and that these should have been noticed and stopped by quality control. I also have a Teamson Prince Potty Chair which I can confirm was received in pristine condition and so it would appear that this cooker is a blip on their otherwise normal excellent products. I would also be interested in seeing how the other two parts of the kitchen set; Teamson Enchanted Forest Sink/ Washer and Teamson Enchanted Forest Fridge fit together with the cooker however as I only received the cooker to preview I cannot comment. I have included pictures of the actual cooker built and also the damaged parts within the customer pictures section which is just to the right hand side of the customer reviews on the main page should anyone wish to view them.

Anyway onto the actual cooker and I shall stop moaning! The cooker is absolutely beautiful and a stunning piece which looks gorgeous in our home and my toddler son has been playing with it non stop since I built it. The product description advertises home assembly in under 15 minutes however (and I am quite adept with flat pack building) it took me 35 minutes due to the fiddly nature of some of the parts but if there were two of you constructing it I would imagine this would shorten the assembly time considerably. One more point I would like to mention should anyone from Teamson be reading this review is that it would make assembly a lot easier if the main screws (4x22mm of which there are 24) were pointed at the ends rather than flat as this does hinder screwing them in and would help and make the job a lot faster and easier if they were pointed screws.

The main product description advertises that the cooker is hand painted although I think that the main parts are machine painted as there is simply no way that you would get the finish that the cooker has from hand painting although you can see that the majority of the cooker is hand painted but I think it is misleading to say that the whole thing is hand painted when it clearly is not. Please note that this does not in any way detract from the beauty of the cooker.

The main part of the cooker (to the top of the hob part) stands at 43cm tall but to the top of the tree is 75.5cm. The depth is 27cm to the edge of the hob part and not including the oven door handle which protrudes further out. It is 36cm wide from side to side excluding the kitchen/toilet roll holder which again protrudes further.

The cooker comes with the four utensils as seen in the main pictures but (and here is another gripe I have) the hanging string on these is just cheap plastic twine and again for a quality piece I would have thought that maybe some nice ribbon would have been a nicer touch. The cooker door opens and closes via a strong magnet and there is a really nice sizable oven area which could be used for storing all the cooker accessories when not in use. The oven buttons make a clicking noise when you turn them for sound effects and are finished with gorgeous hand painted insects.

All in all the cooker is stunning and as I said at the beginning of this review, had I received a perfect specimen then without any hesitation I would have awarded 5 stars however with the damage on the one I received I just couldn't give that star marking in good conscience. Yes I would recommend the cooker but would suggest you check all of the pieces thoroughly for damage prior to construction.

Babies Firsts 120x60cm Spring Interior Cot Mattress
Babies Firsts 120x60cm Spring Interior Cot Mattress

4.0 out of 5 stars 120x60cm Spring Interior Cot Mattress, 24 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice, comfortable and reasonably priced mattress. The mattress is a step up from a foam mattress as it has a spring interior and is a really good reasonably priced mattress, however if you are looking for a premium mattress then you should go for a pocket sprung one. The outer cover can be removed and washed on a 60 degree cycle. One 'niggle' with the cover is that I would have preferred the zip to be longer and include the whole circumference of the mattress as opposed to one end/side as I just find putting the covers on and off a bit fiddly especially if doing so on your own.
Thankfully we have not yet had any accidents on the mattress but I don't think that the mattress is intended to be waterproof but rather water resistant so we are using a waterproof cover as well as the outer lining just in case. I would imagine that any major accident would seep through the top cover and therefore that to be safe it is best also using a waterproof cover. I can't comment on the anti allergy element to the mattress as I'm not entirely sure how I could do so but the labels attached to the mattress advise that it conforms to all standards.
The mattress is firm but remains soft and nice and lightweight for lifting when changing the bedding etc.
A nice good standard mattress which I received to review but if you want a premium mattress then I would suggest opting for a pocket sprung one. We are using the cot mattress in our baby's cot in our bedroom until she is old enough to move into her own room where we have a cot bed for her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluesky Gel Polish Top and Base Coat, 22 July 2014
I have been using this top and base coat nail polish alongside different colours from the same brand and my USpicy® DIAMANT Nail Dryer 24W CCFL & LED UV Nail Lamp (UV & LED 2 in 1 Nail Gel Lamp), with Fixed Timer 20s, 40s, 60s (Rose) for a few weeks now and it is saving me a fortune in nail salon costs. The top and base coat definitely adds to the finish of the coloured polish and helps it set better in my opinion. Both polishes are easy to apply and set well under the nail lamp. I have also bought a few other shades from this same brand. A really good and cheap alternative to paying £25 a time at the nail salon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluesky Gel Polish Rubble, 22 July 2014
I have been using this nail polish alongside my USpicy® DIAMANT Nail Dryer 24W CCFL & LED UV Nail Lamp (UV & LED 2 in 1 Nail Gel Lamp), with Fixed Timer 20s, 40s, 60s (Rose) for a few weeks now and it is saving me a fortune in nail salon costs. The colour is true to what is shown on the description page and a nice shade for wearing during the week or when you want a slightly less vivid colour to wear. The polish is easy to apply and sets well under the nail lamp. I am using it alongside Bluesky Nail Gel 10ml Top and Base Coat as it makes for a better finish and have also bought a few other shades from this same brand. A really good and cheap alternative to paying £25 a time at the nail salon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluesky Gel Polish Midnight Swim, 22 July 2014
I have been using this nail polish alongside my USpicy® DIAMANT Nail Dryer 24W CCFL & LED UV Nail Lamp (UV & LED 2 in 1 Nail Gel Lamp), with Fixed Timer 20s, 40s, 60s (Rose) for a few weeks now and it is saving me a fortune in nail salon costs. The colour is a bit darker than shown on the description page but lovely and bright for summer. The polish is easy to apply and sets well under the nail lamp. I am using it alongside Bluesky Nail Gel 10ml Top and Base Coat as it makes for a better finish and have also bought a few other shades from this same brand. A really good and cheap alternative to paying £25 a time at the nail salon.

Offered by Tips And Toez

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluesky Gel Polish Neon Cerise, 22 July 2014
I have been using this nail polish alongside my USpicy® DIAMANT Nail Dryer 24W CCFL & LED UV Nail Lamp (UV & LED 2 in 1 Nail Gel Lamp), with Fixed Timer 20s, 40s, 60s (Rose) for a few weeks now and it is saving me a fortune in nail salon costs. The colour is true to what is shown on the description page and lovely and bright for summer. The polish is easy to apply and sets well under the nail lamp. I am using it alongside Bluesky Nail Gel 10ml Top and Base Coat as it makes for a better finish and have also bought a few other shades from this same brand. A really good and cheap alternative to paying £25 a time at the nail salon.

Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars USpicy UV Nail Lamp/Dryer (Rose), 22 July 2014
I have been using this UV nail lamp for a little over a month now and I can confirm that it is a brilliant little product which has given me near salon perfect shellac nails. I say near perfect but this has nothing to do with the lamp and more to do with the fact that I am still trying to master the actual application of the shellac varnish as I have made the mistake a few times of applying it like normal nail polish i.e. right to all the edges of the nail when the salon would normally leave a small gap around the edges and it is my bad application that has made the edges look a bit messy and not the machines fault at all.

This UV nail lamp is going to save me a fortune over the next possible 10 years (it advertises that it has 50,000 hours life which would be 5 years of continuous usage which obviously wouldn't happen and I estimate I would possibly get a new nail lamp within a 10 year period even if this one was still working) and I and my friends and family who have also used it are extremely impressed. At almost £25 a time for the salon to do my shellac nails this is a no-brainer for me to save some money for both myself and my friends and family and I can't believe now having used it how I didn't think of it by myself before the company approached me to test it for them. Of course you need to purchase you own base coat, top coat and actual UV nail polish but there are very reasonably priced brands out there and on Amazon which is where I purchased mine. Although an initial expenditure for the varnish etc by them time you have used the bottles fully you would more than have made that money back and saved the expense of the salon so a brilliant cost cutting idea in itself.

The nail lamp is extremely easy to use as you simply plug it in to the mains socket with the included adapter and you are away once you select which timer button to use. You can stop the UV nail lamp at any point even in the middle of a timer by simply pressing that button once more. I have been applying the base coat and then drying/setting my nails in the lamp for 2 minutes by pressing the 1 minute timer button twice, then I apply the first colour coat and again 2 minutes in the lamp, then the second colour coat and again 2 minutes in the lamp and finally the top coat and again 2 minutes in the lamp so all in all the process takes around 8 minutes per hand not including application time so really quick, easy and in the comfort of my own home watching my television once the children have gone to bed.

The nail lamp comes in a really nice box and includes the UV nail lamp, instruction booklet, plug adapter and a nail buffer and I chose to receive the rose coloured uv lamp which to me looks quite garish in the photos but is actually a lovely darker pink shade in reality. I can't at yet present confirm if it lives up to it's 50,000 hours claim especially when the varnish itself is lasting just under 2 weeks without any chips etc but I shall update this review to advise if at any point it stops working in the future so if I haven't updated it to advise this then you can be assured that the lamp is still working perfectly.

These are the nail varnishes that I have been using alongside the lamp thus far in case it's of any help to anyone:
Bluesky Gel Polish Neon Cherise

So in summary a brilliant little UV nail lamp that has so far saved me a fortune at the nail salon and that I would definitely recommend to any potential user/purchaser. Finally just to confirm that I received this UV nail lamp from the manufacturer to test and provide an impartial honest review.

Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting Clock
Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting Clock

5.0 out of 5 stars New Favourite Toy, 21 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My toddler is absolutely obsessed with this clock at the moment and also another toy; Ambi Toys Lock-a-Block which are his two favourite toys at the moment. I think it is because they are both shape sorting toys which he has become very interested in recently and I think it is because he knows that he can now do this perfectly and loves the praise he gets from us when he does. Anyway I digress so apologies! The clock is brilliant and one of the things that I like about it is that it is made completely from wood except for the plastic pin that holds the clock hands onto the face of the clock. My son is too young for the clock part of the toy as yet however we are trying to make little games with it and talk about breakfast time, lunch time, tea time, bed time etc in the hopes that this will start some early recognition with him. The inside clock has the times in seconds such as 25 past whilst the outside shape sorting part shows the main clock times of 1 to 12 with a corresponding shape for each number and shape slot. The shapes are brightly coloured with different shapes such as a star shape, triangle, square, octagon etc and they fit easily into the corresponding coloured recesses so your little one doesn't have to force the shapes into the holes. I agree with another reviewer in that it would have been nice if they had used more colours rather than using 4 green shades, 2 pink shades, 2 red shades, 2 blue shades and two orange shades but especially the green shades as my son does get a little confused with those 4 although does manage to work it out when the shape doesn't fit in the slot he is trying to put it into. Finally I really like that the back of the clock has a wedge so that when it is placed on a surface rather than lying flat is lies on an incline which makes it easier for little ones to see the clock face etc. A really good and extremely educational toy which has the thumbs up in our house from both me and my son and I would definitely recommend the toy to any prospective purchaser.

Precious Pink Wabbit - Infant Costume 0 - 6 months
Precious Pink Wabbit - Infant Costume 0 - 6 months
Offered by Mouse2Mat24

3.0 out of 5 stars Baby Girls Pink Easter Bunny Costume, 28 Jun 2014
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
Well I do agree with the other reviewer's on this product in that for the money it's not fantastic quality and I was surprised at this as it does state on the label inside that it is a Rubies outfit (those adverts currently on the kids channels for the four different princess dresses that are available at Argos). However having said that we did get our moneys worth so to speak as my daughter looked absolutely adorable in the outfit which I only put on her for about 20 minutes whilst I took pictures of her in it - yes I know that she is going to kill me for it when she gets older but I just couldn't resist! I have previously also bought this outfit in blue for my son when he was little and so I did know what to expect in quality etc prior to purchase although I was still surprised at the amount of fur shedding this time around.
The actual outfit in the picture shows the outfit as being a bit more 'fluffy' whilst the actual outfit although not threadbare was certainly not as 'fluffy'. I bought the outfit in the 0-6 months size and it did fit my daughter okay except that the wrist elastic was a little tighter than I would have liked and as she was just over 4.5 months at the time of wearing it it was a bit tight so I'd suggest getting a bigger size if your little one is near the top end of the sizes.
Would I buy it again knowing what I know now? Yes I would, although I would expect to pay less than I did for it (bought for £14.94 from marketplace seller Fancy Dress Discount Store via Amazon). If you are just buying this for your little one to wear for a short period and you are going to keep an eye on them to make sure none of the 'fluff' comes off and you don't mind paying the price then yes this is for you but if you are expecting a high quality product that you want your little one to wear for a while then no.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20