Profile for S. Wilson > Reviews

Content by S. Wilson
Top Reviewer Ranking: 69

S. Wilson (UK)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
100% Natural Beeswax Lip Balm 4 Pack Original Unflavoured - For Chapped & Cracked Lips, Best for Men

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Natural and Moisturising, 31 July 2015
I have only just discovered the Beauty By Earth brand after one of the founders contacted me to see if I would like to try any of their products at a discounted amount. Immediately from looking at the presentation of the product pages here on Amazon and their own website and Facebook page, I knew that their beautiful looking products were something I would love to try and I have to say I absolutely LOVE them and have not yet come across one of their products that I don't like. I know that this is now a brand that I will be returning to in the future as with being a Mum of two little ones I like to consider what is actually going on their skin and all the products I have tried of theirs are safe for little ones and are all either organic, natural or pure. A beautiful brand with gorgeous, pure and natural products.

I'm a fan of lip balm and between myself and my husband we use a lot and especially in the winter months where we both suffer with chapped and split lips but this is the first non flavoured or scented lip balm either or us have used and it's refreshingly nice.

The pack contains four Unflavoured Beeswax Lip Balms and looking at the ingredients listed they are definitely made from 100% natural ingredients and I can see no petroleum or non natural ingredients in there and among my attached pictures I have included a photo of the ingredients on one of the tubes and packaging.

The lip balm has no smell that I can discern and so is unflavoured as advised. The tubes are all twist bottom and the lip balm slides up as it gets used. Hand on heart when I say this that the lip balm feels so moisturising and is really smooth and gentle on your lips with no stinging sensation that I have had in the past from well know big brand lip balms. Both my children and my husband have all tried the lip balms and I felt safe putting it on my baby daughter's lips knowing that even if she licked her lips that she wasn't going to be ingesting anything dangerous. Now I don't normally apply lip balm on my son and daughter unless their lips are chapped in winter but they spotted both Mummy and Daddy putting it on along with the other flavours we have been trying and both wanted some on their lips - just in case anyone thinks I'm a bit weird putting lip balm on my children!

A gorgeous, gentle and moisturising set of lip balms which are packaged beautifully and feel lovely on my lips (and hubby has tried this lip balm also and agrees) and another product from Beauty By Earth that has the thumbs up from our family and as I said further above this is now a brand that I love. I also love the ethos of the company and the fact that it is run by two friends, their husbands and even their little ones seem to help out with packing products for shipping (from the lovely video on their Facebook page), makes me feel good about my own family using this brand and the fact that all of their products are natural. I predict seriously good things for this brand in the future and I genuinely hope that my review helps anyone reading this discover what brilliant products Beauty By Earth products are.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Beauty By Earth Certified Organic Moroccan Argan Oil, 4Oz - Virgin, Cold Pressed And Best For Hair, Skin, Nails Moisturizing And Treatment Of Frizz - Grade A Imported From Morocco

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Natural and Smooth, 31 July 2015

I have never used Argan Oil before now and have only heard about it very briefly prior to reading up on it and testing out the bottle sent to me and so I had no idea of it's many uses and benefits and where it can be used such as:-
Hair (Conditioner, shine enhancer, wave/curl enhancer)
Natural Massage Oil
Skin moisturiser (can be used on whole body)
Acne, nappy rash and other skin conditions such as dandruff and eczema treatment
Bath Oil
Treat stretch marks & help prevent
Promote healing of scars

I am currently using it on my stretch marks from having my two little ones and also as a skin moisturiser and the oil absorbs well and spreads easily. The oil comes in a brown glass bottle which I have since read up on is to ensure the oil's healing properties are not broken down by light. The bottle contains 120ml and has a pump action nozzle and plastic cap. The oil smells slightly nutty and the bottle advises that it is a pure certified organic cold-pressed Argan oil.

A lovely, gentle, spreadable Argan oil which is packaged beautifully and feels lovely on my skin and another product from Beauty By Earth that has a thumbs up from me and as I said further above this is now a brand that I love. I also love the ethos of the company and the fact that it is run by two friends, their husbands and even their little ones seem to help out with packing products for shipping (from the lovely video on their Facebook page), makes me feel good about my own family using this brand and the fact that all of their products are natural. I predict seriously good things for this brand in the future and I genuinely hope that my review helps anyone reading this discover what brilliant products Beauty By Earth products are.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Lip Balm - Peppermint 4 Pack - 100% Natural Ingredients - Treatment for Chapped Lips

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Natural and Moisturising, 31 July 2015

I'm a fan of lip balm and between myself and my husband we use a lot and especially in the winter months where we both suffer with chapped and split lips but I don't think I've used a peppermint lip balm before using this and I don't know if it's just because I know it's 100% natural or the really yummy peppermint smell or a lot of other things too including how moisturising it feels but this lip balm is wonderful.

The pack contains four Peppermint Beeswax Lip Balms and looking at the ingredients listed they are definitely made from 100% natural ingredients and I can see no petroleum or non natural ingredients in there and among my attached pictures I have included a photo of the ingredients on one of the tubes and packaging. I love that they contain Shea Butter as that is one of my favourite ingredients in beauty products.

The lip balm has a gorgeous peppermint smell to it which isn't too overpowering but you can definitely smell it. The tubes are all twist bottom and the lip balm slide up as it gets used. Hand on heart when I say this that the lip balm feels so moisturising and is really smooth and gentle on your lips with no stinging sensation that I have had in the past from well know petroleum lip balms. Both my children and my husband have all tried the lip balms and I felt safe putting it on my baby daughter's lips knowing that even if she licked her lips that she wasn't going to be ingesting anything dangerous. Now I don't normally apply lip balm on my son and daughter unless their lips are chapped in winter but they spotted both Mummy and Daddy putting it on along with the other flavours we have been trying and both wanted some on their lips - just in case anyone thinks I'm a bit weird putting lip balm on my children!

Comment Comment | Permalink

Konjac Facial Sponge - Pack Of 2 Sponges (Charcoal Black & Natural White) For Sensitive To Oily Skin

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Natural and Cleansing, 31 July 2015

I'll be honest in that I had never heard of Konjac Sponge before and this is the first time I have used them and so I didn't know about them or the benefits to your skin but I have since 'read up' and don't think I will be going back to a normal sponge again. As the Konjac sponge comes from a Japanese plant it is 100% natural, non-toxic and biodegradable and as it's natural it won't irritate your skin like chemically made sponges can.

The pack contains a white and a black sponge with the white sponge being great for all skin types including babies and in fact I am using the white sponge on my two little ones now too. The black sponge is best for oily and problematic skin and as I have had a lot of stress at work etc recently, my normally okay skin has gone terrible and so I am using the black sponge twice a week.

When you first use the sponges you will need to soak them in water as in their dry state they are solid and hard which has been the same with all natural sponges I have used in the past. Both sponges have a hanging string on them so you can hang them to dry back out when finished with, which I thought was a really thoughtful idea.

The sponges feel brilliant on your skin and even after the first use my skin felt a lot cleaner and gently exfoliated and so I am now a Konjac convert and I think my husband is eyeing up the sponges too!

A lovely set of sponges which are packaged beautifully and feel lovely on my skin and another product from Beauty By Earth that has the thumbs up from our family and as I said further above this is now a brand that I love. I also love the ethos of the company and the fact that it is run by two friends, their husbands and even their little ones seem to help out with packing products for shipping (from the lovely video on their Facebook page), makes me feel good about my own family using this brand and the fact that all of their products are natural. I predict seriously good things for this brand in the future and I genuinely hope that my review helps anyone reading this discover what brilliant products Beauty By Earth products are.

Igenix Pikapak HL9222 Edison Screw R80 Reflector Lamp 60 W - Pack of 5, Clear
Igenix Pikapak HL9222 Edison Screw R80 Reflector Lamp 60 W - Pack of 5, Clear

4.0 out of 5 stars Igenix Pikapak Edison Screw R80 Bulbs - Pack of 5, 31 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Perfect for stand up lamps or any lamp and light fitting requiring a normal Edison screw fitting and these fit and work perfectly in the stand up floor lamps I have them in.

You get five packs with one bulb in each pack which works out at just over £1.60 a bulb at the current selling price. They come in a brown cardboard package and are then padded inside a normal Amazon box for delivery. The give off a nice light and the bulbs themselves have a pearlescent finish.

Igenix Small Bayonet Cap 25 W Round Lamp, Pack of 10, Opal White
Igenix Small Bayonet Cap 25 W Round Lamp, Pack of 10, Opal White

4.0 out of 5 stars Igenix Small Bayonet Cap 25W Round Bulbs Pack of 10, 31 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Perfect for small table lamps or any lamp requiring a small bayonet fitting these fit and work well in the lamps I have them in although 25Watt is not bright enough for me to use these in my bedside table lamps as I read a lot when I go up to bed.

You get five packs of two bulbs in a pack which works out around £1.57 a bulb at the current selling price. They come in a brown cardboard package and are then padded inside a normal Amazon box for delivery. The give off a nice light and the bulbs themselves have an opalised finish.

Igenix Edison Screw 60 W Candle Lamp, Pack of 10, Opal White
Igenix Edison Screw 60 W Candle Lamp, Pack of 10, Opal White

4.0 out of 5 stars Igenix Edison Screw 60W Candle Bulbs Pack of 10, 31 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The picture at the time of writing shows a round golfball clear bulb but the description advises that the bulbs are 60W Edison Screw Candle Bulbs and you are infact going to receive the Candle Bulbs if you order this product.

Igenix Liteway LW4257 Small Bayonet Cap Energy Saving LED Golfball Lamp 5 W - Opal
Offered by BestBuyUk

4.0 out of 5 stars Igenix Liteway LW4257 Small Bayonet Cap LED Bulb, 31 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Perfect for small table lamps or any lamp requiring a small bayonet fitting this fits and works well in the table lamp I have put it in although as other reviewers have commented I wouldn't personally use it in a bedside lamp as it's not bright enough for me to read by and I do a lot of reading.

You get one bulb and as with other LED bulbs the current selling price is quite steep but at nearly £12 for a single bulb this is not something I would spend and I will be sticking with my energy saving bulbs throughout the rest of my home. They bulb is decently protected inside it's own box with a plastic surround and then comes padded inside a normal Amazon box for delivery. The bulb gives off a nice light and apparently will last for 30,000 hours.

Igenix Small Bayonet Cap 60 W Round Lamp, Pack of 10, Opal White
Igenix Small Bayonet Cap 60 W Round Lamp, Pack of 10, Opal White

4.0 out of 5 stars Igenix Small Bayonet Cap 60W Round Lamp 45mm Pack of 10, 31 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Perfect for bedside table lamps or any lamp requiring a small bayonet fitting these fit and work well in the bedroom lamps I have them in.

Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast [DVD]
Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Loter
Offered by YouWantIt-WeGotIt

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Brilliant Disney Fairies Movie (No Spoilers), 31 July 2015
I bought this for my children after my 3 year old son and I rented it from Amazon Instant Video as he loved it so much. He already loved the other Disney Fairies films that he has watched with my daughter and this film is equally as popular.

I can understand the other reviewers advising this is a darker Fairies film than normal as the whole NeverBeast concept is obviously darker than the other films which have mainly been about Tinkerbell but I don't think it's unsuitable for young children as my 3 year old loves it but obviously parents may wish to judge whether it's suitable for their little one prior to letting them watch it as I know some children are more sensitive than others.

The film is different to the ones before in that it follows Fawn rather than Tinkerbell although of course Tinkerbell is still in the movie albeit with a smaller role than normal. The film starts by showing how Fawn cares for all animals despite them maybe not being the cuddliest of animals! The NeverBeast is then introduced and without ruining the film for anyone it's pretty obvious that Fawn and him become friends however the other Fairies don't feel the same.

I also love the film and think it's brilliant and yes it may have a slightly darker theme than normal but every Disney film has bits in that are 'Dark' such as Bambi's mum and Simba's Dad Dying, venturing into a vortex and battling an evil masked man in Big Hero 6 and the list could really go on. However as with every Disney movie I have ever watched they have managed to find the right balance and the film is truly brilliant and teaches how not to judge a person by their exterior. Another winner from Disney and I hope they do more films in future with Tinkerbell's friends having their own main roles.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20