Profile for S. Wilson > Reviews

Content by S. Wilson
Top Reviewer Ranking: 71

S. Wilson (UK)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Barbie Rock-n-Royals Courtney Doll
Barbie Rock-n-Royals Courtney Doll

4.0 out of 5 stars Rocking Out - Princess Style!, 30 Aug. 2015
Length:: 3:37 Mins

There is a video review attached to this written review and to view it you will either need to view via a desktop computer or have your phone/tablet in desktop mode. There is also a slideshow with photo's at the end of the video should anyone wish to just look at the photo's rather than view the video.

The Barbie Rock-n-Royals Courtney Doll is from the upcoming new movie from Mattel called Barbie Rock-n-Royals which is actually released tomorrow (from my review posting date). The film sees Princess Courtney and Erika who is a rock star, involved in a mix up which accidentally swaps the summer camps that they are both supposed to go to with Princess Courtney ending up at Camp Pop and Erika ending up at Camp Royalty. But when the two learn that the losing camp from the upcoming competition between the two camps must close their doors forever, they decide to work together to prevent it from happening.

Princess Courtney changes from a Princess to a Rock star by moving her right hand up and down and this also triggers one of the two songs to play in full and if her arm is moved again it will then trigger the other song. Alternatively your child can press the gem on her necklace and it will sing both songs but in short bursts with the gem being pressed again to continue the song on as you will see from my attached video.

Her shoes, tiara and microphone are removable but her skirts are attached on one side so are not removable to enable her skirt to spin around when she changes from rock star to Princess and vice versa. Her top in both her rock star and Princess versions is fixed, painted plastic along with her necklace. She has bubblegum pink hair in either role and a little star design on one cheek. She has a long pink skirt in Princess mode with a little top chiffon piece and in rock star mode has a short skirt with long trailing back piece and the short skirt has three layers with a shiny silver top layer followed by a netted piece with silver sparkles and a shiny pink bottom skirt piece.

The battery compartment if needed is under her skirt but she does come with batteries already installed and I haven't had to replace the ones in our doll yet despite her being played with non stop all day by my two children.

Courtney measures approx 30cm excluding her tiara but including her heels.

If your child is a fan of Barbie or wants this doll after seeing the new film then I think they will love the doll and being able to role-play her singing or being a Princess or a Rock Star and it's a really nicely made doll from Mattel with a decent length to the songs being played too.

Fisher-Price Princess Chime Doll
Fisher-Price Princess Chime Doll

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby's First Doll, 30 Aug. 2015
I have just bought this for my baby daughter to go along with her Fisher-Price Stroll Along Musical Walker which we have just received. We have the old versions of both the doll and stroller ( Fisher-Price My First Doll and Fisher Price My Stroll & Play Walker ) but I have to say that the newer versions are so much nicer.

The princess chime doll is lovely and soft and look brilliant with the matching stroller and I shall attach pictures in the next day or so to show them both and also show them alongside the older versions which we are now going to give to a family member. The only non-soft part of the doll is her crown which for some reason has been made in plastic and is attached to her head with a few stitches at three points on her head and so could be removed if you really wanted to but I think this would then sort of ruin her Princess look.

There are lots of textures on the doll such as her soft furry hair, satin feel heart on her fabric scarf, satin feel skirt and embroidered braid. When she is moved she has a lovely soft chime noise from the chime ball inside of her which will encourage baby to move her and other than her crown and slightly hard tummy, she is lovely and soft and cuddly.

As I mentioned above she goes perfectly alongside her Fisher-Price Stroll Along Musical Walker and has patterning on her tights and dress in the heart swirl design that is also on the Princess Stroller. A gorgeous little Baby's First Doll and both her and the new stroller are brilliant updates on a much loved classic toy from Fisher Price and my daughter loves them.

There is a reason (well several) that Fisher Price products are one of our major 'go to brands' for baby toys and products and that is that they are always cleverly thought out, of a beautiful design, durable, entertaining, educational, encourage baby to develop and are always high quality just to name a few. I don't honestly think we have had one bad Fisher Price toy between either of our two children and it is certainly a name we have grown to love and trust. This Fisher Price Princess Chime Doll is yet another brilliant toy from Fisher Price and has a big thumbs up from my little girl and me.

BABYMOOV Essential Maternity Bag (Petrol)
BABYMOOV Essential Maternity Bag (Petrol)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish Changing Bag with Oodles of Space, 29 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love this changing bag from Babymoov. Not only is it gorgeously styled in beautiful colours but it has definitely been designed with both Mum and Little One in mind. The bag is a wonderful size and no longer will you need to take two and maybe three different bags out with you when you are out and about with your little one as the bag has oodles of space for all your needs. I have two little ones and generally end up taking two changing bags if going out for the day but everything I normally take, easily fits in this one essential bag from Babymoov.

I've both bought and tested a few Babymoov products over the last few years and so I knew the quality of the bag would be great even before it arrived for testing but the actual design and colours used along with the generous size have made this an immediate hit with me. Featuring multiple pockets both inside and out along with hard wearing studs on the bottom of the bag and strongly reinforced stitched handles, I can see this bag standing up to the rigorous testing and usage that all my changing bags end up going through but I shall report back on this review if I experience any issues with it at a later date.

The essential bag has both carry handles along with a shoulder strap that is removable and so can be carried in a couple of different ways. It also comes with two pushchair straps so you can hang the bag off the back of your pushchair as unless you have a pushchair with a big basket it won't be able to accommodate the generous size of this super changing bag.

The bag comes with the following:
1 Adjustable Shoulder Strap
1 Insulated Bottle Bag
1 Changing Mat
1 Clear Plastic Zipper Bag
1 Soother Pouch
2 Pushchair Attachments

The bag I have is in a gorgeous sort of lagoon green with petrol blue and probably not a colour I would have taken a risk on had I ordered it but definitely a colour scheme I would jump at in future as it looks beautiful.

A beautiful bag created in a fabric shopper bag style and I love the colour scheme, numerous pockets and generous size of this bag. The bag comes in four different colours and I love the Lagoon and Petrol Blue mix. A definite thumbs up from me and I shall add some photos over the next few days. Another brilliant product from Babymoov who have grown to be one of my favourite baby brands.

Barbie Her Sisters in The Great Puppy Adventure Spin-n-Ride Pups
Barbie Her Sisters in The Great Puppy Adventure Spin-n-Ride Pups

4.0 out of 5 stars Barbie Pedal Power, 29 Aug. 2015
Length:: 3:52 Mins

This play set is from the new Barbie film that is due out later this year called Barbie & Her Sisters in The Great Puppy Adventure which sees Barbie and her sisters on the hunt for treasure when they find an old map in their family home and joined by their new puppy pals.

Barbie clips onto the bike around her waist, on her feet and hands and when your little one pushes the bike forward this make Barbie really look like she is pedaling the bike forward. The two little puppies that come with the bike are each on their own skateboard and attach to each other and the bike. The bigger puppy's skateboard goes alongside the bike with Barbie on and the smallest puppy's skateboard whizzes around the larger ones in a circular motion.

Barbie comes with a helmet and her boots and flowery top can be swapped over with other clothes if your child has them but her jeans are painted on. As usual Barbies, head and arms move at the shoulders and Barbie's hips and knees bend and so she is able to be posed in a seated position if required and the only downside is that her jeans can't be swapped over so her wardrobe cannot be completely changed. This is a novel and cute toy and is sure to be a hit with any Barbie fan or fan of the new movie. The attached video shows how Barbie pedals and how the dogs move on the skateboards.

Melissa & Doug Decorate-Your-Own Princess Mirror
Melissa & Doug Decorate-Your-Own Princess Mirror

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Creative Fun, 28 Aug. 2015
Another lovely Melissa & Doug product which I am very happy with. I discovered Melissa & Doug products last year and have purchased quite a lot of them now, both as gifts for others and for my own children and the quality is excellent every time. If you haven't tried Melissa & Doug products then I can hand on heart recommend them as I haven't had a disappointing item from the yet from across any of their range (puzzles, creative, dress up, pretend play etc).

I bought two of these mirrors for two of my very creative nieces to go alongside the Jewellery Box and Vanity Set that I had bought them recently and this is a gorgeous addition to the two and makes a beautiful set. Once again it is made from natural wood and pre-painted and the mirror and decorative parts all come in a wooden tray which would be perfect for a drawer organiser or to store other crafts items and jewellery.

The set comes with:
A handheld mirror
Craft white glue
Pink glitter glue
Gold glitter glue
Purple glitter glue
Stickers
Gems

The mirror measures approx 22.5cm to the top of the crown part and 9.5cm wide at it's widest point on the mirror.

Another beautifully made and designed item from Melissa & Doug and I love the fact that their items are made from natural wood which makes them very robust especially when being played with by little ones. Gorgeous product from a brilliant brand and very happy with both mirrors.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Fisher-Price Smart Stages Teaching Tote
Fisher-Price Smart Stages Teaching Tote
Offered by Pint Sized People Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Light Up Learning and Musical Fun!, 27 Aug. 2015
Length:: 5:08 Mins

This is another brilliant toy from Fisher Price's new Smart Stages range. We have a few smart stages toy's, with the most recent being a Smart Stages Purse and they all grow with your little one. The Tote/Backpack has 3 smart stages which you can change between as your little one gets older with the first stage being aimed at 6-12 months, the second stage being aimed at 12-18 months and the third stage being aimed at 18 months to 3 years. You just simply flip the switch to the appropriate stage as your little one grows and is ready for them and I think this makes the toy something that can be played with for a long time and still be interesting as they are getting older.

The tote/backpack has an off switch and two volume settings at the back and it and takes 3 AA batteries which are already included.

The tote/backpack comes with a little flip book and faux apple which both fit neatly inside. The book is a hard flip book made of two pages with four sides with the apple is made of a hard plastic and has a little smiley face on one side just like Fisher Price balls have if you have ever had any of their toys with balls.

The tote/backpack has a little plastic handle at the top and the puppy's face covers the opening where the apple and book fit and flips open and closed very easily. There is also a little zipper on one side of the bag that slides up and down and makes a clacking noise.

The tote/backpack has 4 coloured crayons that your little one can push along with 3 shaped buttons on the front. Depending what stage the bag is set at the bag teaches things such as the alphabet, colours, numbers, shapes and also colours in French. The crayons say what their colour is along with playing musical ascending and descending notes, sing a song saying their colours in English and French and many more songs. The shaped buttons say their shapes, colours, sing songs and also ask questions such as "where is the purple square" and "find the blue triangle" with a reward phrase when your little one does "well done". There are lots of little songs and the crayons light up with the music and songs are really cute and interactive.

The only thing I would say that could make this tote/backpack even better would be if Fisher Price had actually attached little backpack straps so my son could actually wear it as a backpack however both he and my daughter are more than happy with it in its current form and her carries his little backpack around while she carries her new little Smart Stages Purse I have just bought her.

There is a reason (well several) that Fisher Price products are one of our major 'go to brands' for baby toys and products and that is that they are always cleverly thought out, of a beautiful design, durable, entertaining, educational, encourage baby to develop and are always high quality just to name a few. I don't honestly think we have had one bad Fisher Price toy between either of our two children and it is certainly a name we have grown to love and trust. This Fisher Price Smart Stages Teaching Tote is yet another brilliant toy from Fisher Price and has a big thumbs up from my children and me.

Seventh Son
Seventh Son
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Spooks and Witches, 27 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Seventh Son (Amazon Instant Video)
Just rented and watched this last night through our Fire Stick and whilst not the best film I have seen recently, it was okay and I quite enjoyed it and liked it.

The film tells about a witch hunter aka a 'Spook' (Jeff Bridges) and how he locked away a very powerful witch (Julianne Moore) until she manages to escape many years later. She subsequently kills his apprentice (Kit Harington from Game of Thrones) and he therefore travels to get a replacement apprentice who must be a seventh son of a seventh son (Ben Barnes). Whilst being taught how to hunt and kill witches on the way to hunt and kill the Queen witch Malkin (Moore), Tom (Barnes) falls in love with a witch (Alicia Vikander).

I won't ruin the film for anyone who does want to watch it by carrying on but if you are having a night in and fancy something reasonable to watch and have watched all the latest big movies then this is worth a punt and you may find you enjoy it like I did.

Monster High Boo York Gala Ghoulfriends Mouscedes King Doll
Monster High Boo York Gala Ghoulfriends Mouscedes King Doll

5.0 out of 5 stars Taking a Bite out of Boo York, 26 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Mouscedes King is one of the new Monster High Ghouls from the upcoming new movie Boo York, Boo York which is due out in the UK on the 19th of October. I have just ordered her as she looked brilliant on her product page and I have not been disappointed. I've got the DVD on pre-order (we love Monster High in our house) and I can't wait to see it when it releases as it looks like it is going to be another brilliant movie. Not much is known about the film yet other than from the trailers it would seem that Cleo invites all of her Ghoulfriends to Boo York with her and her family as they are going there to attend a big Gala to celebrate the return of a magical comet. When the comet arrives so does a new character Astranova and it would appear that Nefera (Cleo's sister) has a plan to use the power of the comet for no good.

Mouscedes is the daughter of the Rat King and is from the Upper Beast Side of New York. Her face is really pretty and I love her little rat teeth and nose like her character and I have attached some pictures to my review to show this. Mouscedes obviously has rat ears and they have been really nicely done with little crystal style earrings hanging from each one and a shiny metal effect crown on her head which has a comb part so you can still attach it to her head when you remove the plastic packing holding it on. There is so much attention to detail on her such as the little hair effect parts on her arms and legs, her teeth, crown, nose, wings, dress,belt and shoes (her shoes are beautifully done) and I love this new addition to my collection. Her shoes are in a grey crystal design and have holes in them like cheese which is a theme repeated with her shoulder piece and crown and her shoes also have little bit marks in them. Her dress is beautiful and is a sort of pleather material on the top with gold spots and shiny dress skirt with crystal and mouse skull designs on with a black netting piece underneath. She also has a crystal belt that is removable and a big long pink tail.

The Mouscedes doll stands at approx 25cm tall including her ears which makes her one of the shorter Monster High Dolls (along with Twyla and River Styxx) as the normal height is around 26.5/27cm for the other dolls. Mouscedes comes with a silver doll stand and hairbrush. As normal her arms, elbows, wrists, head, hips and knees are jointed and so fully poseable. Her skin colour is grey but this has a slight crystal shine to it along with the other Boo York dolls and her hair is a gorgeous candy pink with darker pink streaks in it.

She comes with a passport diary (I've attached a copy of the front page) that say's "What kind of rat would read someone else's diary? Don't be that monster!" on the front. The diary is once again very disappointing for a Monster High diary and the last few ranges of dolls diaries have all been the same as other than two pages, the other 8 pages are the same thing repeated in different languages.

Mouscedes is 15 years old and originates from Boo York as her father is the Rat King and she is basically royalty in Boo York. She is a rat with a difference in that she is lactose intolerant and cannot eat cheese. She is spoiled and pampered but underneath it all she is really lovely and has a heart of gold but she does have high standards with being a Princess. She also loves dancing. Her best friends are Elle Eedee and Mouscedes King.

This doll is really pretty and if you or your child are a fan of Monster High then this will make a brilliant addition to your/their collection. I'm looking forward to the new movie when it releases. In addition to collecting the Monster High and Ever After High dolls myself, I also tend to buy a lot of them from Amazon as you will see from my reviews and verified purchases as gifts for my three MH and EAH mad nieces and so I am sure I will be buying a few of the Boo York and Mouscedes dolls before Christmas too as having seen her 'in the flesh' she is a definite future purchase doll.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2015 8:26 PM BST

Fisher-Price Smart Stages Purse
Fisher-Price Smart Stages Purse

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Pink Purse that grows with your little one, 24 Aug. 2015
I have just bought this for my baby daughter as she is absolutely obsessed with trying to carry bags around and even ones that are nearly bigger than her along with putting things in a bag, taking them out, putting them in, taking them out (you get the idea!) and so I figured she would love this Smart Stages Purse from Fisher Price and thankfully I was right.

This is another brilliant toy from Fisher Price's new Smart Stages range (we have a few smart stages toy's, with the most recent being a Smart Stages Scooter) and they all grow with your little one. The Purse has 3 smart stages which you can change between as your little one gets older with the first stage being aimed at 6-12 months, the second stage being aimed at 12-18 months and the third stage being aimed at 18 months to 3 years. You just simply flip the switch to the appropriate stage as your little one grows and is ready for them and I think this makes the toy something that can be played with for a long time and still be interesting as they are getting older.

The purse has an off switch and two volume settings underneath it and takes 2 AA batteries which are already included.

My one critisism of the purse is that it is a little front heavy with the music control panel sometimes making it flop forwards rather than sit straight but this doesn't bother my daughter at all and she is just premanently carrying her little bag around the house and stashing even more items inside such as her Fisher Price Smart Phone and her big brothers Olaf torch as every little girl needs to be prepared of course!

The purse comes with a few nice little accessories which all fit neatly inside:
Soft Green Triangle Keys - Perfect for teething and chewing
Blue Bracelet - Doesn't adjust or stretch but hits her wrist perfectly with plenty of growing room
Rattle Phone - Grey hard plastic phone which has rattling beads inside but my daughter prefers her smart phone toy that plays music etc
Pink Credit Card - Pink hard plastic credit card which doesn't do anything but is a nice touch
Pink Heart Mirror - Pink heart shaped mirror which is a big hit as it would be with any babies I think

The purse has a little velcro closure inside to close the bag over if required and the handle is not a long length but fits easily over my daughters shoulder.

The magic of the purse of course is that is has 6 buttons your little one can press with one in a music note shape and the rest in different coloured shapes with numbers 1 to 5 on them (Pink Heart, Green Triangle, Blue Circle, Purple Square & Yellow Star). Depending what stage the purse is set at the purse teaches things such as colours, numbers, shapes and also numbers and colours in French. Once you get to stage 3 it does imaginitive play and says things like "I've got my keys, where should we go?", "Lets call a friend" etc and each colour shape seems to correspond to one of the accessories. The note button plays music and sings songs and has tons of tunes on there.

There is a reason (well several) that Fisher Price products are one of our major 'go to brands' for baby toys and products and that is that they are always cleverly thought out, of a beautiful design, durable, entertaining, educational, encourage baby to develop and are always high quality just to name a few. I don't honestly think we have had one bad Fisher Price toy between either of our two children and it is certainly a name we have grown to love and trust. This Fisher Price Smart Stages Purse is yet another brilliant toy from Fisher Price and has a big thumbs up from my little girl and me.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Monster High Boo York City Schemes Catty Noir Doll
Monster High Boo York City Schemes Catty Noir Doll

5.0 out of 5 stars Boo York, Boo York!, 24 Aug. 2015
The Boo York City Schemes Catty Noir doll is from the upcoming new movie Boo York, Boo York which is due out in the UK on the 19th of October. I have just bought her from a big A toy store along with the Operetta, Howleen and Clawdeen dolls as they are currently cheaper there than Amazon (which is unusual) and for a present for one of my nieces upcoming Birthday, although I do normally buy all my toys from Amazon as you will see from my reviews and verified purchases. I've got the DVD on pre-order (we love Monster High in our house) and I can't wait to see it when it releases as it looks like it is going to be another brilliant movie. Not much is known about the film yet other than from the trailers it would seem that Cleo invites all of her Ghoulfriends to Boo York with her and her family as they are going there to attend a big Gala to celebrate the return of a magical comet. When the comet arrives so does a new character Astranova and it would appear that Nefera (Cleo's sister) has a plan to use the power of the comet for no good.

Catty Noir is the daughter of the Werecats and is actually a world famous pop star and idol but she has taken some time away from her pop career to experience what it is like to be a normal student at Monster High. She is 16 years old and is very superstitious, even eating and doing the same rituals before and after every performance. Her doll is beautiful and has a purple and black crystal design styled dress and also has a metal styled breastpiece like the Nefera doll. She has a blue crystal inspired headband which is in the shape of cats ears and has a blue cat smile bag and blue crystal design shoes to match. Her metal breastpiece is removable as are her dress, shoes, and headpiece but her pink gloves are painted on.

This doll truly is beautifully done and is a nice addition to the rest of the Boo York doll range. If you or your child are a fan of Monster High then this will make a brilliant addition to your/their collection. I'm looking forward to the new movie when it releases.

I shall upload some pictures of her to this review in the next couple of days when I finish work for the week as I am completely swamped at the moment and haven't had chance to take them yet but I will upload before the weekend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20