Profile for Mummy of Two > Reviews

Content by Mummy of Two
Top Reviewer Ranking: 48

Mummy of Two (UK)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hallmark Forever Friends New Home Card 'Good Luck' - Medium Slim
Hallmark Forever Friends New Home Card 'Good Luck' - Medium Slim

5.0 out of 5 stars Hallmark Forever Friends New Home Card, 8 Feb. 2016
From the Forever Friends range this is a gorgeous Good Luck in your New Home card and I bought this recently for a family member to celebrate their new home. The card has a little bit of a 3D effect on the front with some large golden pieces in among the design and has a Forever Friend Bear sitting among some packing boxes having a cuppa. The card also has a shiny foil effect with shiny stars on the front cover in the background which I think helps to give the card a more expensive effect than it actually cost. The card comes with a plain white envelope and both are wrapped in cellophane to protect from any dirt.

The card measures 22.8cm by 12cm and will fit into Royal Mail's standard letter size (24cm long x 16.5cm wide) should anyone need to post it. The message reads on the front "Good Luck In Your New Home" and inside "Hope you're soon feeling 'at home' in your new place!".

A really nicely designed new home card from the Forever Friends range which is a range I love for cards.

L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail 5 ml, 875 Kimono Empire
L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail 5 ml, 875 Kimono Empire

3.0 out of 5 stars L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche 5ml Nail Polish - Kimono Empire, 7 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really nice standard nail polish which with either one thick coat or a couple of thinner coats becomes a nice deep purple colour. As other reviewers have stated it does apply better with a base and top coat and in my experience a top coat does always seem to make my nail polish last longer. The polish itself does definitely have a slight glitter effect and this can be seen when even just turning your nails in the light and so this is possibly a better evening nail polish than for daytime wear depending on your own personal taste. I have knocked a couple of stars off my marking as mine has already chipped after a days wear and some slightly heavy housework and because the bottle is just 5ml as opposed to my usual 8ml or 12ml nail polish which is the same price. A really nice colour and the polish can be used for up to 24months from opening although I very much doubt it would last that long with the size of the bottle.

L'Oreal Super Liner Mat-Matic, Ultra Black
L'Oreal Super Liner Mat-Matic, Ultra Black
Offered by nikis cosmetics

4.0 out of 5 stars L'Oreal Super Liner Mat-Matic - Ultra Black, 7 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A really good Black twist up eyeliner which applies really well and lasts several hours before needing re-application. The eyeliner is of a standard eyeliner thickness compared to the normal ones that I use and the twist up function means a softer liner as opposed to a pencil style one and of course no need for sharpening. The liner is a deep black and can be either applied as a thin line or built up to a thicker and darker one easily. The liner can be used for 24months from the time of opening.

Lucy's Secret Reindeer
Lucy's Secret Reindeer
by Anne Booth

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucy's Secret Reindeer, 7 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Lucy's Secret Reindeer (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely Christmas story about a little girl called Lucy. She writes to Santa to ask him for a kitten for Christmas and if he needs any help, and is very surprised when she receives a magical letter back from Santa asking her if she can nurse his sick little reindeer Starlight back to health. She doesn't quite believe it until she finds a little reindeer hidden in the shed in her garden and she vows to get him better in time for Christmas but can she do it and keep Starlight secret at the same time? A really charming story with big sized text and black and white illustrations throughout. A perfect story for throughout the year and especially at Christmas.

Also included at the back of the book are instructions to make Reindeer Cupcakes and Cookie Christmas Tree Decorations which is a nice extra touch. We have also read another Christmas tale featuring Lucy recently, Lucy's Magic Snow Globe which is from the same author and is another sweet festive tale.

Fisher Price Little People Disney Princess Klip Klop Ariel
Fisher Price Little People Disney Princess Klip Klop Ariel
Offered by Collectors Kingdom

5.0 out of 5 stars Klip Klop Fun With Or Without The Stable Playset, 7 Feb. 2016
Length:: 5:03 Mins

My daughter absolutely loves the Fisher Price Disney Princess Klip Klop Stable Playset that I bought for her Birthday recently and this is one of her favourite toys that she plays with daily. It is easily one of the best playset's my husband and I have ever bought for her along side her Little People Palace and Rapunzel's Tower and she loves mixing the figures between the playset's. I adore the little Klip Klop figures with the different Princesses on their ponies and the whole range is really sweet. The magical thing about the Klip Klop figures is that the ponies move and 'klip klop' without any batteries and make a lovely klip klop noise too.

The Stable Playset comes with Princess Rapunzel and Princess Aurora Klip Klop figures but the other 4 Princesses; Cinderella, Ariel, Belle and Jasmine have to be bought separately. I bought the Stable Playset, Princess Jasmine and Princess Belle from a toy store beginning with T as at the time they were not available to purchase on Amazon and I purchased the Princess Cinderella and Princess Ariel figures from Amazon as you will see from the verified purchase labels on the reviews.

You don't have to purchase the Stable Playset for your little one to be able to play with the Klip Klop figures as they each come with their own little ramp for the pony to klip klop down and also a food trough for make believe play. You can also link the ramps and use the food troughs as supports if you have more than one Klip Klop figure and make one big ramp.

I have attached a video review showing the individual figures and also the ramps and larger ramp from combining a few sets, there are also photo's afterwards should anyone just wish to view these and they start just after the 4 minute mark. Any scuff marks on the figures are from my daughter and son playing with them over the last month or so as they were originally pristine when first bought, but I have been unable to review them until now and so they have picked up a few love scuffs from being one of her favourite toys. We often take a few of the figures, ramps and troughs out with us for my daughter to play with and especially if we are going out for a meal for example as they help keep her amused and her slightly older brother too who enjoys playing with them. These are fantastic little figures one their own and the Stable Playset enhances their play value further and both my little ones love playing with them.

Fisher-Price Little People Disney Princess Klip Klop Stable Playset
Fisher-Price Little People Disney Princess Klip Klop Stable Playset

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Little Princesses (Or Princes!), 7 Feb. 2016
Length:: 7:24 Mins

My husband and I purchased this Klip Klop Stable Playset for my Daughter's Birthday recently and she absolutely loves it and plays with it daily. My young son also loves playing with the set and they both will spend ages lining up the ponies down the ramps (we also purchased the other 4 Princess figures) and setting them off one after another to klip klop down. It is easily one of the best playset's my husband and I have ever bought for her along side her Little People Palace and Rapunzel's Tower and she loves mixing the figures between the playset's. I adore the little Klip Klop figures with the different Princesses on their ponies and the whole range is really sweet. The magical thing about the Klip Klop figures is that the ponies move and 'klip klop' without any batteries and make a lovely klip klop noise too.

I have attached a video showing the stable playset. all of it's features and of course the Klip Klop ponies in action. There is also a picture slideshow at the end of the video should anyone just wish to view the pictures.

The stable playset measures approx 43cm high by 31cm wide at the widest point by 72cm long and so is a really decent sized set.

The stable playset has three levels in it's tower, a stable area, two big ramps for the ponies to klip klop down along with three smaller ramps and two ramps from each of the two stables. Other than the ramps the stables main features are the spinning wheel and the front ramp. The front ramp has a light line that when broken by a klip klop pony travelling through it, plays music and pony sounds. The spinning dance floor fits two of the ponies on to it so that they can dance together when it is spun around by your little one and this plays music for the ponies to dance to.

The playset comes as 10 separate pieces which need to be clicked together and also have some screws inserted (screws included and come attached to instruction manual) and so you will need a small crosshead screwdriver for the assembly. The assembly was really easy and quick and took me under 10minutes to do. There are also 16 stickers that need to be added to the playset and I recommend adding these to the set before assembly as this is much easier to do than when assembled. The stable takes 3 AA batteries which do not come included.

Any scuff marks on the figures are from my daughter and son playing with them over the last month or so as they were originally pristine when first bought, but I have been unable to review them until now and so they have picked up a few love scuffs from being one of her favourite toys! This is a fantastic playset and I honestly can't recommend it enough and this is very much loved in our home by both of my little ones.

Fisher-Price Little People Disney Klip Klop Jasmine
Fisher-Price Little People Disney Klip Klop Jasmine

Length:: 5:05 Mins

I purchased the Fisher Price Disney Princess Klip Klop Stable Playset for my Daughter's Birthday recently and she absolutely loves it and plays with it daily. It is easily one of the best playset's my husband and I have ever bought for her along side her Little People Palace and Rapunzel's Tower and she loves mixing the figures between the playset's. I adore the little Klip Klop figures with the different Princesses on their ponies and the whole range is really sweet. The magical thing about the Klip Klop figures is that the ponies move and 'klip klop' without any batteries and make a lovely klip klop noise too.

Fisher Price Little People Disney Princess Klip Klop Belle
Fisher Price Little People Disney Princess Klip Klop Belle
Offered by Collectors Kingdom

5.0 out of 5 stars Klip Klop Fun With Or Without The Stable Playset, 6 Feb. 2016
Length:: 5:09 Mins

Fisher Price Little People Disney Princess Klip Klop Cinderella
Fisher Price Little People Disney Princess Klip Klop Cinderella

Length:: 5:06 Mins

Comment Comment | Permalink

Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes - 10 Packs (56 Wipes Per Pack, 560 Wipes Total)
Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes - 10 Packs (56 Wipes Per Pack, 560 Wipes Total)

5.0 out of 5 stars Huggies Quality As Usual, 6 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We used both Huggies wipes and nappies in our household until they withdrew the sale of nappies in the UK a couple of years ago. Despite now using Pampers nappies, we still buy and use (a lot) of their Huggies wipes and I actually purchase both the Pure Wipes and Special Edition Disney Wipes each month on a subscribe and save subscription with Amazon. I have never used the Natural Care wipes prior to being offered them for review but I may now alternate between them, the Soft Skin wipes (which we have also just tested) and Disney wipes alongside the Pure wipes each month which I prefer for sensitive skin and if using wipes on my little one's faces.

The box contains 10 packets of wipes and each wipe packet contains 56 wipes. They are the same thickness and quality as the Disney, Soft Skin and Pure wipes but have a slight fragrance to them of Cucumber/Aloe Vera and the ingredients do in fact confirm the use of Aloe Vera. Incidentally the ingredients for both the Natural Care and Soft Skin wipes are exactly the same on the ingredients list on the packs.

The wipes contain Aloe Barbadensis Extract which from a quick internet search is known more commonly as Aloe Vera and is the juice extract from the plants leaf which can have an anti-inflammatory benefit to it and is good for the skin. They also contain Tocopheryl Acetate which is from a quick internet search also known as Vitamin E acetate and provides beneficial antioxidant effects.

I use Huggies wipes on my two little ones every day and purchase them as our only baby wipe in the household each month with my monthly subscription from Amazon I find them a thicker quality and that they retain their wetness longer than other brands we have used in the past and that they don't split easily which is something to look for when changing little one's nappies! I will definitely be purchasing more of these in the future and will probably purchase the cheapest option between the Natural Care, Disney and Soft Skin each month alongside my Pure wipes. As usual from Huggies a really good quality baby wipe.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20