Profile for S. Wilson > Reviews

Content by S. Wilson
Top Reviewer Ranking: 74

S. Wilson (UK)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
WWE Double Attack Daniel Bryan Figure
WWE Double Attack Daniel Bryan Figure

4.0 out of 5 stars WWE Double Attack Daniel Bryan, 22 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are different characters from WWE to collect to go alongside this one; Daniel Bryan and the idea is that they can 'fight' each other inside the ring that you can also purchase separately. My little boy likes the toy but I would think this would be more fun with the other characters and the ring. To get Daniel to move and fight you squeeze his legs together and his arms move and waist twists. A good toy but limited play unless you have the other characters and ring but perfect for WWE fans.

Thomas & Friends My First Pop & Go Thomas
Thomas & Friends My First Pop & Go Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Thomas Fun, 21 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My son loves Thomas and has the Thomas Motion Control toy which he loves playing with however he hasn't had a look in with this toy as his little sister has been hogging it on him.

There are two ways to play with the toy by either attaching the train track design handle or by just pushing Thomas along on his own and my baby daughter loves just pushing him along on his own. The balls inside are colourful and pop when Thomas moves and this is a great baby or toddler toy.

WWE Superstriker John Cena
WWE Superstriker John Cena

4.0 out of 5 stars WWE Superstriker John Cena, 21 April 2015
This review is from: WWE Superstriker John Cena (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are different characters from WWE to collect to go alongside this one; John Cena and the idea is that they can 'fight' each other inside the ring that you can also purchase separately. My little boy likes the toy but I would think this would be more fun with the other characters and the ring. To get John to move and fight you squeeze his legs together and his arms move and waist twists. A good toy but limited play unless you have the other characters and ring but perfect for WWE fans.

Fisher-Price Custom Comfort Potty (Pink)
Fisher-Price Custom Comfort Potty (Pink)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and Height Adjustable, 19 April 2015
We (hubby and I) have been trying to toilet train our son for a fair bit of time now and have tried numerous methods, potty's and toilet seats, all without luck. This is the first potty our son has been comfortable doing a number 2 on and I think it is because of the seat design.

The potty comes in a biggish box and couldn't be easier to set up as all you need to do is click the seat back into place and insert the bucket into the seat. You then just need to set the appropriate seat height for your little one and there are two different height settings which to adjust you push the grey button in on either side and then click into whichever height slot you want it set at. The buttons are very stiff and so I push one side in and move the potty slightly so it doesn't click back into place and then do the opposite side the same and then finally pull both sides into their proper position.

The seat (seat itself and not the full height of the potty) height is 18cm from the ground on it's highest setting and 14cm from the ground on it's lowest setting.

The seat back can be folded back down for if you ever need to transport the potty which I think is a really useful feature. The potty has gripper front feet to help stop it slipping and the arms are really handy to help you little one stand and sit on the potty. The green version we have also has a boy's splashguard at the front and although this is obviously meant for little boys our baby daughter has also been practicing sitting on the potty and this doesn't seem to hinder her at all. The pink version doesn't have the splashguard but is identical to the green version other than that. The bucket is removable so you can empty it down the toilet and really easy to get in and out with it having clearance underneath. My son seems really comfy when sitting on the potty and again I think it is because of the chair design which he positions right in front of the television so her can watch his shows in comfort!

A really good design and we have tried out quite a few different versions now and I can say this is by far our favourite and our sons favourite too. If you look at my review for the green version you will see against it that it is a verified Amazon purchase and I have duplicated the review over to the pink version with the potty's being identical other than the splashguard.

Fisher-Price 'Custom Comfort' Toddler Potty Training Seat
Fisher-Price 'Custom Comfort' Toddler Potty Training Seat

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and Height Adjustable, 19 April 2015

The seat back can be folded back down for if you ever need to transport the potty which I think is a really useful feature. The potty has gripper front feet to help stop it slipping and the arms are really handy to help you little one stand and sit on the potty. The green version we have also has a boy's splashguard at the front and although this is obviously meant for little boys our baby daughter has also been practicing sitting on the potty and this doesn't seem to hinder her at all. The bucket is removable so you can empty it down the toilet and really easy to get in and out with it having clearance underneath. My son seems really comfy when sitting on the potty and again I think it is because of the chair design which he positions right in front of the television so her can watch his shows in comfort!

Maclaren Cocooning Massage Oil
Maclaren Cocooning Massage Oil

4.0 out of 5 stars Maclaren Cocconing Massage Oil, 19 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The oil comes in a glass bottle which is then inside cardboard tube packaging and then further cushioned with tissue paper inside a cardboard packaging box. The presentation of the product is okay although I wouldn't say it is particularly luxurious and matching the current asking price of £18.00.

The bottle supplied is 100ml/3.4 fl oz and so not really a great deal of product when compared to other organic massage oils although it does state that it is 100% organic. The oil is made up of lavender, mandarin and geranium essential oils and does smell nice. The oil spreads nicely and massages nicely into baby's skin. The oil is intended for baby's but there is no reason why this lotion could not be used by anyone else for example an expectant mum as according to the packaging the lotion has been pediatrician and dermatologically tested and is also vegan and cruelty free.

My negatives for the oil are the packaging as I feel this should be more luxurious if this is supposed to be a luxury brand and also personally the price, as I feel at £18 for a small bottle it's on the expensive side especially when compared with other organic massage oils for baby. A nice product but maybe a bit under-packaged and overpriced.

Scooter Bee (Whizzy Wheels)
Scooter Bee (Whizzy Wheels)
by Marion Billet

4.0 out of 5 stars Scooter Bee, 17 April 2015
The illustrations in this board book are bright and colourful although not as nice as some other board books we have and some of them seem a little simple in comparison to other books but that being said I do like the sort of wheres wally theme to the book and my son likes pushing the book around on it's wheels. I received a copy of this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

The book is about a dog running off with a ball and a little boy called Scooter Bee going after him to get it back. It's told in rhyme and there are points within where you can get your little one to try to find the dog or ball on the page and point them out as they are almost hidden and like I said above similar to a wheres wally book but in a much shorter and toddler friendly version.

A nice book with good interactive points and as it is a board book it's perfect for little hands without any pages getting ripped by accident.

Mog the Forgetful Cat (Mog the Cat Board Books)
Mog the Forgetful Cat (Mog the Cat Board Books)
by Judith Kerr

5.0 out of 5 stars A Timeless Book and Character, 17 April 2015
I remember reading Mog when I was little and so I was over the moon to receive a copy of this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review and get to read this book to my own little ones. Both of my children love the story and love the book and as the board book is thick and perfect for little hands, my daughter loves sitting there looking through the pictures on her own and this is one of her favourite books at present.

The illustrations in this board book are absolutely gorgeous and the story both timeless and lovely. As we have two cats at home I think my children identify with the book that little bit more.

The story tells about Mog and this installment in the series is about Mog being 'forgetful' (there are lots of other Mog titles available too). The book is still as charming and funny as I remember it and basically makes fun about a cats normal way's such as them meowing at the window to get in rather than using the cat flap and running around with big fluffed up tails. This story has a funny twist at the end with Mog becoming a Brave Cat rather than a bothersome cat and my little ones love the book.

A beautiful, timeless, funny story that I still love many years later after having this read to me when I was little and I now get to share this with my own little ones.

Lost and Found
Lost and Found
by Oliver Jeffers

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Board Book, 17 April 2015
This review is from: Lost and Found (Board book)
The illustrations in this board book are absolutely gorgeous and the story is thoroughly beautiful. I hadn't read any of Oliver Jeffers books to my little ones before receiving a copy of this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review but he will be being added to my 'list'.

The story tells how a little boy finds a penguin and thinks he must be lost because he is sad only to discover after trying to take him home that this is not the case. The story is about friendship and helping others and both my son and baby daughter absolutely love it. The board book is thick and so is perfect for little hands and my daughter loves sitting there looking through the pictures on her own and I can easily confirm this is her favourite book at present.

A beautiful, heartwarming story that is truly magical and draws you in to the story even when reading for the 50th time.

Britax Stroller B-Agile 3 Cool Berry
Britax Stroller B-Agile 3 Cool Berry
Offered by tablet_books

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty and Nimble Three Wheeler, 17 April 2015
I own the tandem version of this pushchair from Britax (Britax B-Dual Pushchair in the Chili Pepper colour) but I recently had the chance to test this pram out on a test circuit at a Baby Event that I attended and was very impressed with this pushchair. I love Britax products as I have never had any issues with them and the items I own of theirs are brilliant and you can see and feel the quality of them. I also have 3 of their car seats (Britax Evolva Plus (Black Thunder)) for my two little ones in my car and my husbands car and to be honest they were the first name I though of when shopping for a car seat. I actually think that this pushchair is extremely similar to the B-Dual other than the fact that it obviously doesn't transform into a tandem and it felt like pushing my very much loved B-Dual but without the additional weight and bulk of the extra seat.

I have two little ones; a baby and a toddler and this would be perfect for a lighter version of my pushchair when I eventually don't need the second seat for my eldest son. I would love to actually be able to test this chair over time and with my children in it to confirm it's ease to push with children inside, longevity, whether it handles well over muddy ground etc and whether or not it fits in an average car boot and I may hopefully get to trial this properly at some point in the future. This review is purely on the pushchairs merit's from me getting to collapse and push it around at the baby event I attended and I can confirm that I was very impressed with it. The pushchair was also already built and so I cannot comment on it's ease to assemble out of the box although if it's anything like my B-Dual (and as I said above it looks extremely similar) then I would imagine this was relatively easy to do.

Wheels:
The B-Agile has three wheels which are all hard solid plastic and so no worries about puncture repairs. The front wheel is lockable or can stay in the swivel position.

Brakes:
A rear brake button which you push down and up with your foot to set and unset the brake and the only thing I would say could be improved here is for it to have a colour code like my B-Dual has so that you know for sure when it is locked properly.

Footrests & Leg Rests:
The B-Agile has a foot rest and the leg rest behind is very nicely padded although this doesn't set to different heights like some other prams.

Seats, Seat Position, Harness & Basket Storage:-
The seat is extremely comfortably padded and I was really impressed with the level of padding. The seat reclines fully and at different levels (multi recline) and so is suitable from newborn. The seat has a 5 point harness and this is also padded for comfort and is height adjustable.
The basket storage is not huge but is a reasonable size and would be ample for a small shopping trip. The seat can be removed and with adapters that you purchase separately you can attach either a car seat or hard carrycot if you wish and so is multi-functional.

Hoods, Handles, Folding & Extras:-
The hood has both a viewing window which is closed with velcro and a mesh panel in the hood which you access by unzipping and is perfect for in summer when you want to add a bit more air into the hood area or if you just want a clearer view of your little one. The hood is also a good length for coverage of your little one from rain and the sun. The hood is also removable if required.
The handle is nicely padded and is one continuous curved handle instead of the pushchairs where they have two separate handles. To fold the pushchair you click the button in on the left hand side (if facing the pushchair) and then using the handle in the seat area you pull it up so that the pushchair folds upwards. It was a little tricky to do at first but really easy once I had a few go's and the pushchair is really light and easy to lift.
The pushchair comes with a raincover and has a large storage pocket in the back of the seat.

The pushchair handles really well when pushing and doesn't feel clunky or hard to push with some weight in (tested with weight to represent a child weight) and in fact I was pushing this one handed around the test circuit at the baby event. It also feels very stable and I don't know if the other reviewer who stated it didn't feel safe was just not used to pushing a three wheeled buggy as I found absolutely no problems with it at all.

A brilliant, lightweight, nifty and nimble three wheeler which as expected with Britax is made to a very high standard and has lots of attention to detail such as the back pockets and looks extremely comfortable with the generous padding. I don't think you could really go wrong with this pushchair and as it is so similar to the B-Dual in design I already felt very at ease with it when testing it and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20