Profile for S. Wilson > Reviews

Content by S. Wilson
Top Reviewer Ranking: 93

S. Wilson (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Interpet Aquaverse Glass Aquarium, 65 Litre
Interpet Aquaverse Glass Aquarium, 65 Litre
Price: 90.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Beginners or Quarantine Tank, 28 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This would be a perfect tank for anyone new to the world of fish keeping however my husband has had tropical fish for a few years now and we are using this tank as a secondary tank to our 240l tank and with the main purpose of using it as a quarantine tank for new fish. We have currently got a small quarantine tank but as it is only 24l you can't really fit too many fish in there at a time especially if they are larger fish plus as my hubby advises it needs cleaning more than a larger tank as the ammonia levels etc rise faster than with a larger tank as obviously there is less water for this to disperse over.

The tank comes very well packaged and arrived in perfect condition they even include two straps to assist you when lifting the tank out of the box. The tank itself is glass and has a bottom edge guard all the way around for additional support and comes with everything you need to get started straight away. The things you will need to think about purchasing in addition to the tank (but not immediately required) are some sort of gravel or sand for the bottom of the tank, a water testing kit, any tank decorations or plants eg bogwood, fish of course and if you like them a tank background piece to give the back of your tank a backdrop. The other thing you may wish to consider is some sort of aerator and pump for the tank which is basically a little air pump to help oxygenate the water and these come in all sorts of designs such as long strips that blow walls of bubbles or round circular ones that again blow bubbles plus these also make a nice feature in your tank.

The tank also comes with water treatment for setting up the tank and adding good bacteria to it along with a tap treatment which removes the chlorine from your tap water both of which are essential for setting up your aquarium. The tank comes with a filter, light, glass thermometer and heater. Please note that the filter, heater and light all have separate plugs and leads and do not run off just one lead as another reviewer has stated therefore we use a multiplug to save on socket space.

This is a good all round tank and I shall update the product page with some pictures of it once we have finished getting all of the tank decorations etc for it. On an aside note if you don't want to buy your own water testing kit (hubby has some sort of strange kit that looks like a mad scientists apparatus and would totally put me off if I was having to do it) or don't feel comfortable enough doing it yourself most pet shops (obviously where they sell fish) are more than happy to test your water for you especially larger pet stores such as the big national ones. The bumf advises you will need to change your filter every month but to be entirely honest we don't change ours that often as we find it simply doesn't need changing that often. If you test your water regularly and check the filter this will indicate when you need to do a filter change.

Melissa & Doug Stack and Count Parking Garage
Melissa & Doug Stack and Count Parking Garage
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Counting Cars, 27 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely good quality counting toy and as usual with Melissa and Doug sets made of natural painted wood and very well made. I too cannot understand why they didn't do the parking barrier and car pegs in wood to match the rest of the toy as they stand out being plastic but the rest of the toy is wood and beautifully made. We have another Melissa and Doug toy; Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting Clock which my toddler son absolutely loves and this one is already a hit with him too. The cars are all different colours and although my son can't yet count by himself he is having fun playing with the toy by itself. A really good high quality toy.

Divergent [Blu-ray] [2014]
Divergent [Blu-ray] [2014]
Dvd ~ Kate Winslet
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripped from start to finish, 25 Aug 2014
Warning small spoiler - Bought this after seeing all the hype and advertising surrounding it and was not disappointed when watched it as was drawn into the Divergent world from start to finish. Brilliant acting especially by Ashley Judd in the action part scenes when she pauses mid gun fight to look at her daughter with admiration only a really good actress would have thought to do that and considering she doesn't have any children of her own I thought a really good part to put in as it caught my attention as a mum. Unfortunately I haven't managed to read the books prior to the film which I hate not doing as I had other reading commitments to complete first but I have ordered all the books and intend on starting to read them asap as I always think a book is better than the movie. If the book is even half as good as the film then i know I am going to be up into the early hours reading and hooked. Brilliant storyline and film and wow check our Theo James!

Smart Trike Fresh 146-0907 3-in-1 Tricycle Blue / Green
Smart Trike Fresh 146-0907 3-in-1 Tricycle Blue / Green
Offered by PANDY
Price: 89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Trike Fresh 3-in-1 Tricycle in Blue and Green, 25 Aug 2014
Bought this as a present for my Godson for his Christening and wish I had seen this model when we got our for our son as the colours are gorgeous on it. Works exactly like every other smart trike in that it grows with your child and goes through several changes to progress from being an adult pushed trike to a childs pedal trike as they get older. The wheels are lockable so that the pedals don't spin around when your little one is just starting to be pushed around in it and unlock for when your child starts to pedal themselves. The sun roof and higher part of the backrest are removable as is the storage bucket on the back and the side parts eventually come off too once your little one can sit in it comfortably by themselves without the worry of them falling out the sides. A brilliant invention and my son loves his which is more in yellow and orange shades but I wish I had seen this colour trike when our son got his. A beautiful model.

Q Connect 250ml Whiteboard Surface Cleaner
Q Connect 250ml Whiteboard Surface Cleaner
Price: 3.31

3.0 out of 5 stars Cleans well but maybe a bit too well, 25 Aug 2014
I don't really know how much I can say about a whiteboard cleaner and I'm loathe to use the normal 'tin' sentence. It sprays quite fast so I end up taking the whiteboard down when I am cleaning it as otherwise the liquid drips very fast down the surface. Cleans well however I find since using it that the whiteboard pen seems not to wipe off as clearly anymore without using the spray and so I have limited it's use to only when absolutely necessary. I think the cleaner is that good that it may have taken some of the whiteboard surface off which is why the marker isn't wiping off so well now so beware if you have a cheap whiteboard like I have as I think the poor quality couldn't stand up to the cleaner.

Extreme Girl's Kraze Youth Mountain Bike - Purple/Pink, 20 Inch
Extreme Girl's Kraze Youth Mountain Bike - Purple/Pink, 20 Inch
Price: 120.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Girly Bike, 25 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The bike arrived today extremely well packaged with plenty of foam support around the paintwork so that should it have been knocked in transit it wouldn't have damaged the bike. As with I assume most bikes the bike arrives in a few pieces that you need to assemble however the bike comes with allen keys and a multi tool so no other tools are required. It took a little while to assemble but mainly as we wanted to make sure we did it right and there is a full instruction book that comes with the bike. The frame and back wheel are already assembled and you basically need to add the handlebars, front wheel, seat and pedals. I thought the 20inches measurement was the wheel diameter but I think it refers to the height from the floor to the lowest point of the seat which is 20inches whereas the wheels are 19inches across. Measuring from the front to the back tyre the bike is 56inches long if that helps anyone reading this review. The bike is beautiful with pink and purple colours and very girly. The seat is nicely cushioned and the gears are Shimano which I am reliably informed by my hubby are a very good brand. I can't yet comment on how robust the bike is but it certainly looks like it will withstand some rough bike rides and so far it works perfectly. I shall update this review in a few months time to advise how the bike is faring and of course shall update it before that if any problems or faults arise but it certainly looks very well made and arrived in perfect condition so I can't forsee any issues. Any questions anyone has that they think we may be able to answer then please don't hesitate to comment on the review as I check my comments periodically. On first impressions and it's first road tests at the park near our house it is a fantastic bike and very well presented, packaged and delivered.

My Little Pony Twilight Sparkles Rainbow Kingdom
My Little Pony Twilight Sparkles Rainbow Kingdom
Price: 39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous and Girly but maybe not very durable, 24 Aug 2014
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have wavered between giving this 3 or 4 stars if I am honest as personally I think it should be 3 stars yet my niece who has been playing with this all day at my house would give it 5 stars if she could and so I have settled in the middle with 4 stars.

This is a gorgeous MLP playset but unfortunately does not fit together as well as it should and is quite different to the box and product page. Firstly there are several parts that simply do not slot together as they should such as the cardboard background pieces on the bottom level which keep slipping out and so I am going to have to glue them if they have any chance of staying in place especially the left hand side piece. The colours on the slide are all different than shown in the picture and the pink parts anywhere on the set are all a very fluorescent pink as opposed to the rose pink colour you think they are going to be from the picture and the same can be said for the yellow parts on the slide too. I have attached a couple of pictures of the set built in the customer pictures part on the main product page which is just off to the right of the reviews to show the set built and the colours - you will note there is no heart arch on top of the set and that is because I could not get it to slot in however my brother in law has since managed to get it to slot properly into place with a bit of extra force. Finally in the pictures it looks like a kind of candy strip effect on the top of the purple turrets at the top of the kingdom along with a blue insert around the heart arch and so I expected there to be stickers provided for you to be able to create this effect but there were none included with the set. All of this may seem a bit like I am nitpicking but I wanted to point them out for fairness.

Anyway onto the good points of the kingdom set which my niece loves and will stay at my house for when she visits each week. The set is a really nice size and stands at 58cm high to the top of the flag pole on the turret and 50cm approx wide by 27cm approx deep to the front of the slide which is it's widest part. The colours are very bright and colourful (a bit brighter and more colourful than I had been expecting though) and it seems sturdy enough once built (excluding the cardboard parts). The set comes with a MLP Princess Twilight Sparkle who is very well made and very different to the MLP's I used to collect when I was a little girl. There is a little slide car that you can put Princess Twilight Sparkle in and send her down the slide slope which my niece has had great fun doing along with a swing that you can sit her in and swing her. The set also comes with a magic key which unlocks the book, vanity chest and and closet to reveal secret compartments inside where you can store the Tiara, Bracelet, Shoes, Skirt and Hanger that also comes with the set and I thought this was a lovely little feature to the set. The key also unlocks the front door.

A really nice little set just be aware that the colours may vary to the picture although any MLP fan is sure to love this set and my niece absolutely adores it. Oh when putting the slide together so that you don't get confused by trying to match similar colours to the picture the slide parts all have a number on them near the connection ends starting at 0 so you would match the two end pieces together that had the number 3 on, the two that had the number 5 etc.

Melissa & Doug Bead Set Bundle (Pack of 2)
Melissa & Doug Bead Set Bundle (Pack of 2)
Price: 19.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Creative Set, 23 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This really is a beautiful set of beads and cords for making necklaces or bracelets. I haven't counted them but as the set is essentially a double pack there are tons of beads and the product description advises over 300 which I can well believe. The beads are all wooden and beautifully painted and designed and so look like they will last a long time to come unlike plastic bead sets. The Butterfly Friends set is mostly blue, purple and green shades whilst The Sweet Hearts Set is mostly pink, purple and white shades and both sets are absolutely gorgeous. My nieces stay at my house regularly and are very creative and love making things and so this is going to be a lot of fun for them when they come to stay this weekend. A really nice little double set which is beautifully presented and would make a lovely little stocking filler or gift.

Thomas & Friends My First Twisting Tower Tracks
Thomas & Friends My First Twisting Tower Tracks
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thomas Fun, 23 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My toddler loves anything ramp related at the moment and is just starting to really enjoy Thomas the Tank Engine too especially with their updated theme song. Since building the tower tracks anything with wheels on has been tested to see if it can fit and go down the tracks and obviously the little Thomas the Tank Engine that comes with the set. The Tower stands at approx 46cm tall and is a brilliant track set for any little boy and has provided hours of entertainment so far today for my toddler. The instructions are really easy to follow and the set is a simple click construction so no tools required.

The Bromeliad (Truckers Omnibus Edition): "Truckers", "Diggers", "Wings"
The Bromeliad (Truckers Omnibus Edition): "Truckers", "Diggers", "Wings"
by Terry Pratchett
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bromeliad Omnibus Edition, 23 Aug 2014
My cousin is a massive Terry Pratchett fan and has pretty much all of the books he has written including the recent ones with Stephen Baxendale but for some reason he hadn't got this set and so I bought it for him for his Birthday recently and once again another brilliant book by Terry Pratchett. My cousin may be slightly biased of course with him having read and owning most of Terry's books but considering the mans genius (Terry) I don't think that's the case. Very good book and a bonus that it is three books in one and my cousin has advised that this is one of the better series of Terry's that he has read so a definite thumbs up.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20