Profile for London GF Cook > Reviews

London GF Cook

Ndali Fairtrade Organic Vanilla Powder 13 g
Ndali Fairtrade Organic Vanilla Powder 13 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 4 Feb 2014
Really versatile and absolutely delicious. A little goes a long way and it's ethical credentials are first rate. Love this product.

Ms Cupcake: The Naughtiest Vegan Cakes in Town
Ms Cupcake: The Naughtiest Vegan Cakes in Town
by Mellissa Morgan
Price: 11.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 5 Sep 2013
I'm afraid this book is not for me. I just do not like the ingredients used in the recipes, particularly the frostings.

I personally didn't find the photos and presentation attractive. It didn't make me want to cook or eat the cakes - I actually didn't want to cook from it, I'm afraid.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2014 2:11 PM BST

Make Your Own Organic Ice Cream: Using Home Grown and Local Produce
Make Your Own Organic Ice Cream: Using Home Grown and Local Produce
by Ben Vear
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, great recipes, easy to use and follow, 28 Nov 2011
What a wonderful find. I adore ice cream but always thought it would be too difficult to make at home without an ice cream maker.

How wrong was I?! This book is packed full of so many delicious , interesting and exotic recipes which can all be made at home without using an ice cream machine.

I particularly like the local and homegrown aspect to the book, meaning you can easily obtain the ingredients required to make the recipes when they are in season.

All the recipes I have tried so far have been a great success.

A really worthwhile investment.

Prepped!: Gorgeous Food without the Slog - a Multi-tasking Masterpiece for Time-short Foodies
by Vanessa Kimbell
Price: 16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepped: An inspiring cookery book, 4 Oct 2011
I have a huge collection of cookery books. Several hundred in fact. My shelves are heaving and they are stacked up in piles on the floor where I have run out of room to store them. So, if I'm going to buy another cookery book, it needs to be pretty special.

Prepped! is that special cook book. I get so bored reading through so many cookery books which come out. They all seem so samey. One of the many things I love about Prepped! is that I think the recipes are genuinely interesting and inspiring. They use flavour combinations I haven't tried before and it really encouraged me to branch out and try some new ideas. I'm so glad I bought the book.

I actually purchased Prepped! back in June and since then, I have cooked all the recipes in the book. As soon as I took the book home, I read it from cover to cover and instantly wanted to start cooking. This isn't a reaction I get from most cookery books.

If you are an experienced cook, or a novice, you will find something delicious and interesting to cook in the book to liven up your repertoire.

Do give it a read. I promise you it will inspire you.

Gluten-Free Girl: How I Found the Food That Loves Me Back... and How You Can Too
by Shauna James Ahern
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Read the feedback and don't buy, 22 Feb 2011
I am so disappointed I bought this book. I love Shauna's blog, which seduced me into parting with hard earned cash to buy this. This book was so bad, it makes me so angry. I have just bought her latest book at the same time. I have never been so disappointed with two book purchases. I was so excited to receive them in the post, and I now feel bitterly let down by both books. First of all, there are basically no recipes in the book. I want imaginative Gluten Free recipes. Not just ones which are naturally gluten free that I can think up myself!

Secondly, I cannot express how tiresome, condescending and self indulgent this book is.I couldn't even finish it. The later parts after having met the chef is literally vomit inducing and detracts from what the book is acually about.

In a nutshell I was licking cheese of the chef's fingers and then started to cry because he loves me. How is that of any use to anyone who is gluten free in any way. Shauna just talks about how she wants to cry all the time. Get a grip.

If I could get a refund I would. I am so cross and disappointed that this book is SO TERRIBLE as is her latest offering! I know this is a copy and paste style review but I purchased both books last week for the first time. What is more, I am now totally put off reading the blog, which I thought was wonderful. I cannot even comprehend how this book got published in the first place.

Please, save yourself the hassle, and do NOT bother buying.

The Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef
The Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef
by Shauna James Ahern
Price: 17.53

1.0 out of 5 stars So angry I bought this, 22 Feb 2011
I am so disappointed I bought this book. I love Shauna's blog, which seduced me into parting with hard earned cash to buy this. This book was so bad, it makes me so angry. First of all, there are hardly any recipes in it. I want imaginative Gluten Free recipes. Not just ones which are naturally gluten free that I can think up myself!

Secondly, I cannot express how tiresome the love story is. It is literally vomit inducing and detracts from what the book is acually about.

If I could get a refund I would. I am so cross and disappointed that this book is SO TERRIBLE!

Please, save yourself the hassle, and do NOT bother buying.