Profile for Mr. Ian Hutchings > Reviews

Content by Mr. Ian Hutchings

Mr. Ian Hutchings "Hutchism" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
One Cello X 16: Natoma
One Cello X 16: Natoma
Offered by FastMedia "Ships From USA"

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful composition, and thank you very much Zoe, 26 Nov. 2014
This review is from: One Cello X 16: Natoma (Audio CD)
Having just brought a new amp for the living room I decided to listen to one of the recommendations on Spotify. Zoe Keating came up and having never heard of her before I was really in for a treat!

Listening to her on my old Celestion speakers driven by a new to me TEAC H-A500. I couldn't turn it off to sample something else and had to listen to the whole album. A beautiful composition, and thank you very much Zoe! :)

Can't wait to listen again!

Kingston Technology DataTraveler 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (Gold Metal Casing) DTGE9/8GB
Offered by NMicro Technology (ship from Taiwan 7-21 business days)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Technological Marvel, 20 Mar. 2013
When I was first asked to review this device I couldn't think what words could possibly describe this device. The product name is "Kingston DataTraveler GE9 DTGE9/8GB 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive". Personally I like to call it William in recognition of its regal design, dependability and obvious aspirations to one day dominate the insides of the Daily Mail, Daily Mirrors and possibly the Daily Sport.

I love the way the device fits into my computer almost as if it was designed to fit. With its length being more than enough and its girth just right for most female USB sockets.

The sumptuous texture of the alloy is enough to make women fall head over heals in love with you and men wish they were you. In short when I'm clutching this device in my hand nothing can stop me from being the person I want to be and doing what I want to do.

You may have seen one of two people strutting around the town with of these dangling from gold chains in place of the medallions which used to be oh so common from the era of Jimmy Savile and Gary Glitter, or possibly adorning a well-bred ladies ears.

The important thing to know here is that you don't have to be rich to afford one. These are available from amazon for less than £5! So if you life feels a little or your just not getting enough s e x, really buy one of these, buy 10!

I hope you love yours as much as I love mine!

TeckNet® M002 Nano Wireless Mouse,6 Buttons,18 Month Battery Life,2000 DPI 3 Adjustment Levels-Grey
Offered by Hippidion.Store

2.0 out of 5 stars Interferes with wifi, 20 Mar. 2013
The mouse itself is brilliant for the money and I wish I could use it. Unfortunately it interferes with my wifi on both my laptops running linux. The mouse uses the 2.4Ghz frequency which is the same as most wifi networks. Haven't tried changing the wifi frequency as I can only really use 11 + 13 without overlapping my neighbours.

Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display
Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite there? I wish it it were., 1 May 2012
My first e-reader and i want to love it but, my main gripe is that the touch screen for page turns just doesn't feel right. I want there to be a button for turning the page. A single button would do just fine. Oh wait, there is one, its called the home button. This device would be perfect if the 'home' button could be set as 'next page' with a short click and 'home' with a long click.
With this in mind I may well be returning mine in exchange for a simple one.

I was also very tempted buy the nook with glowlight, but reading a few reviews i'm not sure its as solid as the kindle is.

-----------------

Edit: Thank you to everyone for their suggestions! Having lived with the device for a few hours longer now I can say that while I do like the idea of a dedicated page turn button, I'm finding it to be less of an issue and prefer the touch to the standard device. This said I am still very tempted by the Nook Glowlight. Might have to send an order over the pond for this one. The Kindle Touch seems a great device, but dedicated page turn button coupled with the glowlight have me heading towards a Nook. On a side note, it is possible to get kindle books on a nook after you've rooted it and installed the kindle app from the market.

The Kindle Touch seems like the best eReader on the market in the UK, but I'm edging towards a US model Nook.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2012 4:25 PM BST

SonyMDREx35Lpb Closed In-Ear Headphones
SonyMDREx35Lpb Closed In-Ear Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Seem to last well and excellent sound for the money!, 14 July 2011
I brought these in Bombay - India after my CX300's died. These seem to have lasted up extremely well. Used almost daily in India for over 6 months. Much of which cruising along on a motorcycle with no lid (silly me). Have been back in the UK over a year now and their still going strong without any noticeable decline in sound quality. Have obviously replaced the tips a couple of times (they do have a tendency to get lost) but thought i'd put a review in to say that i'm surprisingly pleased with them and especially as i've not been overly protective of them. Luck of the draw on this sort of item, could last 5 years-could last 5 days if your unlucky. For the money you can't really go too far wrong!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good case. ...with carabiner :), 23 Sept. 2009
Great little case, especially for the money! Seems like it'll protect camera against the odd knock and fall fairly well, and I imagine that its fairly water resistant. Has a carabiner with it, and I have a weird fetish for carabiner's, so I'm happy. Basically, its a camera case and it does what it says on the tin.

Also big thanks to Ex-Pro for getting it to me quickly, needed it to go away with and it came in plenty of time!

Altec Lansing iNMotion iMT237 Orbit Speaker Docks
Altec Lansing iNMotion iMT237 Orbit Speaker Docks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little travel speakers!, 23 Sept. 2009
Just received these speakers today so can't comment on longetivity.

Sound wise I think these are excellent for a device that is little bigger than a tea cup. After reading mixed but mostly positive reviews I opted for these. Can definately say that I was not disapointed. Ok don't get me wrong these won't replace my home stereo, or even a decent portable cd player. But if you want something which is extremely portable, of good quality and won't break the bank I can definately reccomend these. I'm taking them on a long trip to India and am sure that they'll be great when in tent/hotel room with a few friends and used as good quality background music!

If your after more sound and you have the space, you might consider something else, but if portability is your priority these are excellent!!!

Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Earphones - Black
Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Earphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought these after owning 1 pair of CX300's for 2.5years!, 18 Jun. 2009
Ok, I'm not a total Audiophile but I do appreciate a good sound and listen to all kinds of music through my 20 year old celestion speakers at home.

I can understand that these type of earphones are not suited to everybody. However they seem to be suited to most people and I love them. There not so expensive that you have to worry every time it rains but they give good enough sound for a really enjoyable listening experience. Having owned the original cx300's for 2.5 years they finally gave up and I decided to try out the newer incarnation.

Can't tell if they are that much better than the orginal cx300's, but they certainly seem to give a good rounded sound with all the high's and lows that I'd expect. To test my old used, abused and busted cx300's side by side wouldn't be fair.

Some people like the asymmetric cable design (1 side is longer than other and goes round back of head), others don't. I actually ordered a pair of CX400II's but cancelled the order as soon as I realised that they were symmetric as I just find this design to save me so much hastle.

One point I should make is that these headphones do sound better after a few hours of use so don't pull them out of the box, decide that they sound naff and come on here and post a review.

Also, these headphones do block a fair amount of noise as long as you get a good fit in your ear (which is paramount on this design). I sometimes use them on my motorbike, which I'm sure some people will abuse me for but personally I love cruising along on a nice summer day weaving to my favourite chillout tunes.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 5, 2012 6:31 PM BST

No Title Available

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2010 12:54 PM BST

Sennheiser Eco Ear Canal Headphones - Black
Sennheiser Eco Ear Canal Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, good value and as durable as a 5 gram micro speaker can be!?!, 13 May 2009
Have had these little headphones for nearly 2 years. Walking round my local pub the other day with them dangling around my foot I managed to break one. Glued it back together and I'm sure they still sound as sweet as the day I brought them! Fit is important on these headphones but once sorted they should provide a clear and warm sound which will leave you binning your OEM iPod headphones and appreciating whatever music device you have so much more.

I'm no audiohphile but I do appreciate good sound, without a decent sound I'd sooner have no music at all. If you want a cheapish set of headphones which provide value, good sound and don't start to distort after a months listening, get these! (I think they also come with a 2 year warranty).

Oh yeah, they also do a very good job of plugging out a lot of external noise. (I use them with some success on a motorcycle!)

Page: 1 | 2