Profile for J. Flatman > Reviews

Content by J. Flatman

J. Flatman "JoeF" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Ping!
Ping!
by Chae Strathie

5.0 out of 5 stars Ping-tastic, 16 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Ping! (Paperback)
2 1/2 year old daughter loves this and so do we. All of us keep coming back to it to re-read and often say 'ping' at random moments and giggle: what's not to like about that! It's just a funny, sweet story.

Minipresso Portable Espresso Maker
Minipresso Portable Espresso Maker
Offered by Bear And Bear Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini marvel, 16 Oct. 2015
I bought this about a month ago and wanted to wait to write a review until I'd used it for a while. I was slightly nervous of buying it because of the price, but I have to say that I'm really impressed. I work in an office in central London where all the surrounding chain cafes turn out so-so espresso for between £1.50-2.00/shot, and was fed up of that. This really has solved that issue and pretty soon I'll break even on the investment of buying it vs the cost of buying coffees out all the time. It's a really, really small and nifty device, extremely quick and easy to use and clean, and crucially - makes very good espresso, easily as good if not better than the espresso sold in many cafes. Yes, it takes a few days to get used to, and without question it won't suit everyone; it is a (bit) messy and requires careful cleaning to get the best from it, and if you're looking for espresso right up there like that from a proper machine, sure you'll be disappointed - but this is basically a 20cm long bike pump that makes coffee, so give it a break! All I can say is that it works well for me and really is quick and easy to use, allows you to select your own coffee type of choice, and so to my mind is well worth it. I now use it at least daily, if not twice a day, during the working week, and envisage my taking it on holiday too: I could imagine anyone who regularly goes camping, etc. finding it especially useful.

Wild Republic Europe 30 cm Cuddlekins Vibes Tiger Plush Toy (Pink)
Wild Republic Europe 30 cm Cuddlekins Vibes Tiger Plush Toy (Pink)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're in the market for a toy pink tiger, then look no further!, 8 Aug. 2015
Bought this for my pink tiger-obsessed 2 1/2 year old. The toy pink tiger market is I suspect a limited one, but demanding nonetheless. Under those circumstances, this more than fits the bill. The tiger is very cute and cuddly, It is also very well made, with a 'beanbag' element in the base that makes it sit appropriately. It's a firm favourite after less than a week and I am confident that it will last the test of time.

Futura 2000W 4 In 1 Electric PTC Ceramic Heater & Air Cooler, Air Purifier, Humidifier With Timer & Remote Control

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed by product and customer service, 14 July 2015
I bought this back in late June for use around the house, especially to cool rooms in summer; delivery was prompt, but sadly the product just isn't up to scratch. Within a few days its on/off switch started working intermittently, and within a week the water cooler element got mouldy, even though I was using fresh water every day. Since that time it has been sitting unused as I protractedly negotiate a return and I hope refund from the suppliers/manufacturers, who suggested to me on one email that it was best to use it in cooler weather - for an alleged 'air conditioning' unit! So the lesson learned here is, if you're looking for a cooling fan, look elsewhere. I had high hopes for this but was disappointed. I really would recommend that others don't buy this, both in terms of the product and the customer service.

Lights and Sounds Kettle - Early Leanring Centre
Lights and Sounds Kettle - Early Leanring Centre

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy toy, 13 May 2015
My 2 year old daughter loves this - great size, good sound effects, and having been repeatedly dropped, seems sturdy enough!

iPad Mini Case, JETech iPad Mini Smart Case Cover 2014 Version for Apple iPad Mini All Models iPad Mini 1/2/3, Black
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case and price, 13 May 2015
As others have said: you could pay a lot more for a fancier case, but this one is great, does the job and looks very smart for a bargain price. I'm very satisfied with it, it protects the iPad with little additional bulk. A purchase I'd recommend

Toucan Can
Toucan Can
by Juliette MacIver

5.0 out of 5 stars You Can Buy This Too!, 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Toucan Can (Paperback)
I'd agree with the previous reviewer - this is an awesome childrens book and I don't know why it isn't better known. We were given it as a gift for our two-year-old daughter, and she loves it as much as we do. It is beautifully illustrated, and the rhymes are really fun and funny. Every time we ready it, the whole family ends up laughing and repeating the rhymes.

Dizaul LED Battery-Operated Stick-On Tap Light, Silver, Pack of 3
Dizaul LED Battery-Operated Stick-On Tap Light, Silver, Pack of 3
Offered by LED Lighting Plaza

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money on these cheap pieces of junk, 11 Jan. 2015
Utter rubbish - if I could give these no stars I would. Don't waste your money on these cheap pieces of junk. They are made out of plastic so thin it might as well be tissue paper. They have all cracked around the edges within one day; one fell to bits on installation; the glue to hold them up is less strong than spit. They are all going in the bin and I'm going looking for something that actually works.

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Case, Saddle Tan - fits all Paperwhite generations

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product - well worth the investment, 8 Jan. 2015
Bought this to replace another case that broke on me (a KleverCase Book Case). This is much superior and far classier than the photos suggest, with quality leather and a good interior. Easy to get the kindle into and yet secure once in, and the auto on when opening is a nice touch. Well worth the investment. Time will tell if it wears well with use, but I am hopeful.

Kindle Paperwhite Case - Book themed cover by KleverCase (Kindle Paperwhite, My Book Vintage Hardback)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality - don't waste your money, 7 Jan. 2015
I bought this case back in June 2014 and am writing this review in January 2015. Although an attractive product, I would warn people against buying it, as it's quality is very poor. I barely ever travel with my kindle, so it spends 95% of its time sitting beside my bed or being read in bed. Despite that very gentle handling, the case is literally falling to pieces after only 8 months - the spine is all cracked and peeling and the cover warped. I'm very disappointed, and am now buying a replacement case that I just hope works better
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2016 9:03 AM GMT