Profile for Chris P. > Reviews

Content by Chris P.

Chris P. (Warwickshire, UK)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine for the money, 30 May 2013
Arrived promptly and work well. They're not the best speakers I've ever heard but then they are built to a budget. Build quality is good and they are more than loud enough - in fact too loud - for my cramped office. They emit a slight hum when idle which is a little annoying. However the bottom line is that they are far, far better than the built in speakers of my iMac, which is what I need when editing video.

Retreez Robot Demolition Graphic Printed Men's T-shirt - White - Large
Retreez Robot Demolition Graphic Printed Men's T-shirt - White - Large

4.0 out of 5 stars May shrink when washed, 23 July 2012
The quality of the t-shirt is OK - I've had better, but I've also had much worse. Be aware that it will probably shrink when washed - mine did so consider buying a size larger than you need. Overall though I feel it was good value for the money and would buy again.

Billion BiPAC 7800N Dual WAN ADSL2+/Broadband Wireless-N Gigabit Firewall Modem Router
Price: 94.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Router, 13 April 2011
It feels rather light and plasticky but works well enough. Very easy to set up and install. Three months down the line I can say it has worked flawlessly. No problems at all. It just works, which is as technology should be. Only criticism is that the wireless does not quite have the range of the Netgear device it replaced, despite the three aerials but that isn't a big issue for me right now and it's quite likely that I could fix that if I played with the internal settings.

Would I recommend it? Yes.

Guerilla Film Makers Movie Blueprint
Guerilla Film Makers Movie Blueprint
by Chris Jones
Price: 32.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful resource, 10 Feb 2010
When I was looking to produce my first movie I found this to be an invaluable resource in the early stages when trying to figure out exactly how I was going to do it. It wasn't the only resource I used and I didn't necessarily agree with everything in it but it is packed with so much useful information that I was constantly referring back to it.

What it also did was to provide a starting point in the planning process, particularly in regard to the size of crew/length of shoot at the budget level I would be working at. Having so much useful information available in one volume was a real time saver.

LG M227WDP 22-inch Full HD 1080p LCD TV/Monitor  (5ms, 10000:1, HDMI)
LG M227WDP 22-inch Full HD 1080p LCD TV/Monitor (5ms, 10000:1, HDMI)

5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain, 3 April 2009
This is a very versatile piece of kit with just about every connector you could wish for on the back - HDMI, SCART, component, composite and more, including VGA for connecting to a PC.

The screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 making it true HD and it was a doddle to set up and tune.

The only criticism I have is that the picture quality is not as good as an old CRT with SD signals. However this is true of all LCD TVs and the reason I have given it five stars is that the picture on this TV is better than many other makes costing a lot more money.

I imagine that with technology moving forward at its current pace it won't be long before cheaper, better products arrive but right now I would say this is a bargain.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2011 9:13 PM BST