Profile for Dimbutnice > Reviews

Content by Dimbutnice

Dimbutnice

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
CSL - 3m (metres) Full HD Premium Displayport (DP) on HDMI cable High Speed incl. audio transmission | 1080p | Displayport (plug M) to HDMI (plug A) | certified | Apple and PC
Offered by CSL-Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a good cable, 11 April 2016
There's not an awful lot to say other than it turned up a day before expected and works without any issues whatsoever. Seems well put together and the plugs fit snugly. Would recommend.

Buyee® Wireless Handheld Trackball Mouse For Laptop Desktop PC w/ Laser pointer
Buyee® Wireless Handheld Trackball Mouse For Laptop Desktop PC w/ Laser pointer
Offered by Buyee (UK local delivery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for presentations and limited mobility users, 22 Jan. 2016
I debated as to whether this was 4 or 5 star, I gave it the benefit of the doubt as there is no 4.5 rating. Why not straight 5 star? Well everything works as advertised, installation has so far been automatic on Windows 7 and 10 and MacBook Air and it sits very comfortably in the hand. The only niggle is down to the choice of buttons. The two rear buttons are both right-click on Windows with the left front button being the laser pointer. It requires adjustment in your hold to access the pointer button if you are right-handed so it makes public presentations a bit trickier. Other than that the right front button can be used to click forward a PowerPoint presentation, the scroll works automatically in whatever window you are in and the trackball is responsive. Left click is a trigger button which once you get used to it is intuitive. One point, if you have your thumb on the trackball when you click the trigger the chances are you will jerk the mouse pointer and miss what you are trying to click so removing thumb from trackball before clicking is recommended.

I originally bought this for use in public presentations and it has worked well as the additional mouse pointer functionality means it wins out over a simple clicker every time. Additionally I have found it useful when I couldn't use a regular mouse on my desktop due to an arm injury which meant I couldn't extend my arm. Because you can sit with your hand on your lap and it will still work, people with some limited mobility may find it useful.

I don't use it every day so I can't vouch for the battery usage, but it turns itself of after a short time of inaction, revived by clicking a button. I always turn it off when not in use and keep the Bluetooth dongle in a little zip-lock bag in the pouch which comes with it as it's very small and could get lost. I'm not sure I'd use it full-time as a mouse, but for what I bought it for it does the job better than I expected.

Ugreen 6.3mm Mono 1/4 inch Jack to 3.5mm Stereo Jack Audio Cable Instrument Cable Male to Male with Zinc Alloy Housing and Nylon braid 3m
Offered by Besttop

5.0 out of 5 stars Noise? What noise?, 22 Jan. 2016
I have an awful lot of cables of different types around the back of my computer desk and have just recently upgraded the mixer I use to feed audio into my computer. This meant I moved some things around and I was getting a lot of RF interference from some of the other cables on the audio input using bog-standard audio connecting leads. I figured the screening on these might be better so took a punt and it paid off bigtime. Absolute silence! They also look and feel well made so I am confident they will be good for a long time.

CPR 1200 Number Capacity Nuisance Call Blocker with Caller Display - Black
CPR 1200 Number Capacity Nuisance Call Blocker with Caller Display - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars It's all gone very quiet, 8 Dec. 2014
We had been getting between five and ten calls per day from an automated call centre. This has stopped it dead. Adding new numbers to the blocked list is simple, just key #2 whilst the call is in progress.

One point to note, there are codes to enter to blanket block various groups such as all International/Out of Area callers. Think before you do that as the manual isn't clear as to the extent of the numbers which will be blocked. There is a little more information online but not much so I am still not sure what Area 'out of Area' relates to. Is it outside my exchange area or outside my national area? Point is it will only block number withheld callers out of area so you may not think this is an issue.

It's pretty simple, not particularly sophisticated but does the job. For any limitations it may have, it does the job we expected it to without fuss, so 5 stars it is.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2014 11:24 AM GMT

TeckNet® G921 Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 H-Turbine Headphone With 57-mm neodymium drivers, Noise Isolation cushions, Built-in Mic and 3.5mm Wired Audio-In
Offered by Hippidion.Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Active electronics give good sound, 9 Oct. 2014
First thing to say is that they are great for the price. They would still be great for a higher price. Having said that a lot of the quality comes from the active electronics in the headphones. They are bass-boosted and have active compression which you can hear as a low volume hissing sound when no other sound is coming through the headphones. There is however a noise gate or similar which cuts out the hissing very quickly so the hissing very quickly disappears. Important to note this effect is only audible when no sound is being played through the headphones, when there is sound coming through there is no hissing sound. In my opinion this is good design as the compressor enhances the sound. A downside is that you do have to be careful on the volume of the bass as it can over-saturate the headphone circuitry and distort if the input is too loud, but you would have to be careful of your hearing at that point as well as they can be very loud.

It has been used with a Windows 7 PC, a MacBook Air, an iPad and a Samsung Galaxy S3. Pairing was easy with all except the Windows computer so long as you held the on/off/pairing button on the headphones down for long enough for the nice lady to announce pairing. The Windows computer had a very cheap USB Bluetooth adapter which didn't support all the services necessary for the headphones to connect with the sound on the computer. I could have bought a more expensive adapter but instead opted to purchase BlueSoleil a Windows program that enables a whole bunch of Bluetooth services including Bluetooth sound. It acts like a kind of front end for the normal Windows Bluetooth services but adds it's own drivers. Worth looking at if you have trouble connecting.

I haven't yet been able to skip forward or back a track with the toggle in iTunes or anything else but the play and stop function seems to work well enough. If this ever becomes an issue I guess I would look at it more but I'm not bothered at the moment.

One thing I should mention is that, particularly on the Windows computer, there is a noticeable sound lag when watching video so the lip-sync is sufficiently out to be very noticeable. Haven't really tested it exhaustively but it may not be as noticeable when you use a mini stereo jack connection rather than Bluetooth. It does come with such a lead but it's not all that long so if you are likely to use this a lot you might want to purchase a longer lead. On the face of it any shielded mini stereo jack to mini stereo jack lead should work but I can't guarantee that as I haven't tried.

They are pretty comfortable but you may need to adjust them carefully if you wear glasses as they are a pretty snug fit over the ears. So far I like them a lot.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2016 10:24 AM GMT

SLx 27824BMG 8 Output 4G Compatible Aerial Distribution Amplifier
SLx 27824BMG 8 Output 4G Compatible Aerial Distribution Amplifier

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent picture quality in HD., 11 Sept. 2014
Bought it because old pre-switchover amplifier was causing problems with picture breakup. Wasn't sure whether the issue was to do with 4G interference so when I read this amplifier had a 4G filter it seemed the one to go for. Delighted with performance, gives razor-sharp pictures in HD and has increased the quality even on an old set-top box which wasn't great even before more recent problems. very easy to fit as I just had to unplug the mains, unplug the aerial leads, plug in aerial leads and connect to mains, worked straight off. Highly recommended.

Bosch 2609256A09 M 1131 L Saw Blade Wood for PFZ500E
Bosch 2609256A09 M 1131 L Saw Blade Wood for PFZ500E

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for greener wood, 4 Jun. 2014
Got these to further cut up logs to fit in log burning stove as blades that come with saw aren't suitable. Does the job within the power limitations of the saw but just as well you get two blades in the pack as is considerably more expensive than other reciprocating saw blades.

1.8m 6ft Mini DisplayPort Display Port DP to HDMI Cable Adapter Convertor for Apple MacBook Pro Air
Offered by Letpower(ISOLEM TM)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 15 May 2014
As others have pointed out make sure you change the sound settings on your Mac if you want sound to play through the gadget you are connecting to.

I connected my MacBook Air to both a HDMI equipped computer monitor and a similarly equipped TV and it worked fine. In addition to the sound thing previously mentioned, you may want to change the display sizing in System Preferences if the gadget you are connecting to is a different screen ratio to your Mac. Only thing I did notice which prevents me from giving this five stars at the moment is that when I initially connected through a HDMI switch the TV didn't display the images from the Mac. Not sure if this is an issue with the switch or the cable or the way the Mac works so reserving judgement. Anyway it does work now so may be down to which order you connect things up. If I find out I'll add to this review.

Apple AirPort Express
Apple AirPort Express
Offered by secondbyte micros

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for steaming iTunes, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Apple AirPort Express (Accessory)
I have an AirPort Express connected to a BT HomeHub 4 via Powerline adaptors which streams my iTunes either from my Windows 7 desktop or MacBook Air. Not surprisingly it seems to work better with the Air than Windows as I often have to restart it before it will connect to the Windows 7 computer. At the moment I'm not sure whether it's the AirPort, the Powerline connection, iTunes or the HomeHub causing the issue as it seems to time out and drop connection when not in use. Unless it becomes a major issue I'm not inclined to try and find out since restarting the Airport Express always sorts it out.

Setting up is easy, attach an Ethernet cable to the network port and in my case the Powerline adaptor, a stereo mini-jack to phono to your amplifier and switch on. I used an iPad app to set up the mode as it can extend your Apple network or act as a stand alone access point, I chose the latter. If you have a Mac that has the app already built in. Once it's up and running open your iTunes and you should see a little rectangle with a triangle pointing upwards next to the volume slider. This allows you to choose whether to use your computers speakers, the Airport Express or both. If it doesn't appear you need to restart the Airport Express. If it still doesn't appear then you need to check the network connection.

TP-Link TL-TL-PA211 200Mbps AV200 Mini Powerline Ethernet Adaptor Starter Kit (Twin Pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerline of choice, 24 April 2014
These adaptors and the new ones superseding them always seem to work as advertised. I have had a couple die on a client of mine but that may be due to an electrical storm which knocked out a bunch of stuff around the same time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3