Profile for jo watts > Reviews

Jewellery Sleuth Set of 6 Glow in the Dark BioFlex Tongue Bars
Offered by Come 2 Buy
Price: 2.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Tongue bars, 14 Mar 2014
Ordered these after learning I had t have an MRI scan and would need to remove my tongue bar. Delivered quickly did exactly what I wanted them to do.

The Storyteller
The Storyteller
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Storyteller, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Storyteller (Kindle Edition)
This is one of the best books I have ever read. It's so gripping I sat and read it in two days, I honestly didn't want to put it down.
The basic gist of the book is an old man reveals to Sage, a virtual stranger his need to die, he has survived too many things and he wants to die. He sits her down and tells her his story of being a nazi war criminal, a member of the SS, employed running labour camps in WW2. Everything leads on from there, there is a running commentary about an old vampire type creature that runs through the book, which will be revealed lasted and the story of Sage' grandmother, a Jew who was in Auschwitz.

I've made it sound a bit twee, which was not my intention, it is truly a massively powerful, very emotional book. The writing is excellent, the details must have been researched so minutely to get them as good as they are.
Please read this book.

Kamikaze Kangaroos!: 20,000 Miles Around Australia. One Van,Two Girls... And An Idiot.
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars another amazing book..., 21 Feb 2014
.... From Tony James Slater. Seriously, everyone should own at least one of his books, better still all 3.
This is a man who makes clumsiness an art, isn't afraid of showing his feminine side (including clothing), loves his family, has avoided death on more occasions than I can mention and has the strangest connection with wild animals......

I've laughed out loud at all of his books, reading them is an absolute pleasure and I look forward to the release of the next one (s) as soon as possible :-D

Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy
Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy
Price: 2.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not mad about the book...*contains plot spoilers*, 3 Jan 2014
I don't really know what to say. I loved the first two books and I reread them a lot as my feel good books. In one way I truly wish us I'd never read this. Did I want Mark to be dead? NO! Did I want Bridget's lovely Dad to be dead? NO! Do we know what happened to Shazza? NO! Although annoying Jude and Tom are still around.
I was bored if I'm honest, where was Bridget? My Bridget, the woman who sang all by myself into a vodka bottle?Who was this person who had seemingly no contact with her Mum (so no funny scenes there), I had a smile at the chihuahua into pool accident, and, well despite my best efforts that's all I can come up with, I've never been so disappointed in a book in my life. If you loved Bridget, you won't recognise the mills and boon generic slushy young widow seeking new love, and the inevitable (yawn) ending. If you read this despite me saying plot spoilers in the title and you haven't yet bought it, don't.

Conqueror (Conqueror, Book 5)
Conqueror (Conqueror, Book 5)
Price: 3.67

5.0 out of 5 stars And so it ends.., 15 Nov 2013
How very sad I was to finish this, knowing it was the last in the series. I have loved them all, I can't recommend this series enough. Buy it!

Pull Out Your Teeth And Smile
Pull Out Your Teeth And Smile

2.0 out of 5 stars Pull out your teeth and smile., 15 Nov 2013
Collection of short stories. Not really long enough to get your teeth into any one before it finished but an ideal book to take to the dr's waiting room, or maybe the dentist ;-)

The Kingmaker's Daughter
The Kingmaker's Daughter
Price: 3.66

5.0 out of 5 stars The kingmakers daughter., 15 Nov 2013
Brilliant book, nice to have the background on some if the other characters. The Sven on the ship was probably one of the most emotive chapters I've ever read.

The Red Queen
The Red Queen
Price: 3.32

5.0 out of 5 stars The red queen., 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Red Queen (Kindle Edition)
Controversially, I preferred this to the white queen. I've seen some reviews saying its the same story rehashed, but I disagree. I prefer this one, and t be honest. Prefer this queen!

The Lady of the Rivers (Cousins War 3)
The Lady of the Rivers (Cousins War 3)
Price: 3.67

5.0 out of 5 stars The lady of the rivers., 15 Nov 2013
I really enjoyed this book, I liked going backwards and taking a break from the original story line, and learning about Jaquetta. Probably my favourite book in the series.

The Forbidden Queen
The Forbidden Queen
Price: 1.31

4.0 out of 5 stars The forbidden queen., 15 Nov 2013
An enjoyable book, not something you have to think about and mull over every three pages. Nice, light, happy reading.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9