Profile for Kevin Holt > Reviews

Content by Kevin Holt

Kevin Holt

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't go near this boot!!, 3 Dec. 2014
I have endeavoured to persevere with this boot, despite having it changed once and I have now finally given up.

The boot itself is sturdy, appears well designed and very comfortable. Unfortunately, it has a massive failing... Just like many other reviewers have said, they leak badly. I took my first pair back after 6 months and have now returned my second pair and changed to a different manufacturer. Most interestingly, the retailer I returned them to, said that despite this boot being Salomon's biggest seller, they get many of returned.

I strongly urge everyone not to but this boot... It is a very poor design.

Handmade Life
Handmade Life

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull, 15 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Handmade Life (MP3 Download)
Usually Simon Mayo's recommendations are great... This is just dull and not enjoyable. I was thoroughly disappointed, as I expected so much more!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2013 5:45 PM BST

180 [Explicit]
180 [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album!, 15 Mar. 2013
This review is from: 180 [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
These guys will be bigger and better than Jake Bugg in 12 months time! I like Jake Bugg, but feel he's now being over hyped. This album has a handful of quite anthemic tracks, that wil go down a storm at the festivals in the Summer. Personally, I don't think there are any stand out tracks, but it has many that are very, very good. Along with the new Stereophonics album, this is my favourite new album of 2013. If you like Tribes, Stereophonics, Courteeners, you'll enjoy this also.

Bad Blood
Bad Blood

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 15 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Bad Blood (MP3 Download)
I bought this on the back of their single getting a lot of air pplay on Radio 2 and my 22 year old daughter recommending it... Normally, my daughter gets it right, but I'm less sure about this one. All of the tracks are 'ok'. There;s nothing stunning on the album, equally, there's nothing offensive and it's easy listening. I also bought it, as I thought I would be seeing them at festivals in the Summer... I still might do, but it will be because my daughter is dragging me along, rather than through choice!!

Graffiti On The Train
Graffiti On The Train

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Album!, 15 Mar. 2013
By far the best album by these guys since JEETP... The title track will go down as a classic, in time to come, with many other tracks, closely following. The album has Kelly's vocals at their best. It's not as heavy as their recent releases. Much more subtle and a lovely listen. Looking forward to seeing them at festivals in the Summer.

Funny Looking Angels
Funny Looking Angels

5.0 out of 5 stars Tom Smith is just genius!, 10 Dec. 2012
When there's no new Editors stuff around, listen to this. Tom Smith's vocals are as amazing as ever and fantastically supported by Andy Burrows. My daughter introduced me to this album and as a huge Editors fan, I was a little wary. It is without doubt in the top 5 albums I have bought in the last 12 months. (And I buy far too many!!) Further, whilst it has a Christmas bent to it, the lyrics are terrific and the best Christmas album I have ever bought. If you like Editors, you'll love this. If you don't like Editors, you'll still think this is a great album!