Profile for Adam > Reviews

Silent House [Blu-ray]
Silent House [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Elizabeth Olsen

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST HORROR FILM I HAVE SEEN IN A WHILE!, 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: Silent House [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I truly fail to understand all the negative ratings and comments on this film!

It is by far one of the best horror films I have seen in a long time!

Cleverly shot in just one take which makes it feel all that more realistic.

Elizabeth Olsen is amazing and anyone who says the acting is bad, I'd like to see you do a better job!

The tension and suspense is unbearable at times and I had to cover my ears for a few scenes...

Much better than the more popular films of recent times.... The Conjouring, Paranormal Acitivty etc...

Ignore the haters and take a gamble on this, it really is worth it and I am proud to have this sitting next to the likes of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Eden Lake, Last House On The Left, High Tension etc...

Stranded (DVD)
Stranded (DVD)
Dvd ~ Christian Slater

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT MOVIE - IGNORE THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS!, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Stranded (DVD) (DVD)
I am astounded by all the negative reviews for this film?

I was hooked from the very beginning and thought the film was really good throughout!

The acting wasn't at all poor and was actually very believable!

Being a fan of such horror/sci-fi classics as the Alien films and The Thing, I am happy to have this movie sitting alongside them in my movie cupboard and would recommend anyone to watch it for themselves and ignore the negative reviews!

There are so many more terrible films out there that have more stars on Amazon than this one and it's just ridiculous, I guess people can't appreciate a good film even if it slapped them in the face!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2014 12:16 AM BST

Rogue River [DVD]
Rogue River [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michelle Page
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

2.0 out of 5 stars VERY DISAPPOINTING!!, 27 Jan 2012
This review is from: Rogue River [DVD] (DVD)
I was really looking forward to this considering the trailer looked pretty good and I have seen other After Dark films like Husk which are awesome!! But sadly this is nowhere near as good and is a HUGE disappointment. Firstly the script is pretty bad and the story has no meaning what so ever, the film is mostly boring because all the best bits are already shown in the trailer. There are one or two gruesome scenes and that is it! Secondly the film makes no sense at all, and there is no real story behind it. Michelle Page is a good actress in this but nothing special, Lucinda Jenney saves the film and stops me rating it with a 1 star and Even Bill Moseley isn't very good in it. If your a huge fan of some of the After Dark movies and you want to add this one to your collection, then I suggest you wait till the price goes down, I wouldn't pay anymore than £4.99 for this and that's being kind!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Sweatshop [DVD] [2009]
Sweatshop [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Ashley Kaye
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Total eighties inspired slasher gore fest!, 4 Jan 2012
This review is from: Sweatshop [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
If you like your blood and guts by the bucket load then you'll love this movie!

A total eighties inspired slasher gore fest! A total classic and witty B-Movie!

I wasn't really expecting much from this movie apart from lots of blood and guts, that's exactly what I got and I enjoyed the movie for what it was. If you like your horror movies with deep and detailed story lines then this isn't for you at all!

This movie is for the kind of person like me who loves classic old 80's horror movies and b-movies, it's a total homage to movies from that era and the music soundtrack is awesome too!!

Eden Lake [Blu-ray]
Eden Lake [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Finn Atkins

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST FILM OF THE LAST TEN YEARS!!, 4 Jan 2012
This review is from: Eden Lake [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Firstly I am shocked to see there are currently 21 ratings of 1 star for this movie! I mean seriously c'mon? This movie is a total masterpiece and very underated, which is what happens when you have hollywood movies taking all the limelight! Such a shame British horror movies like this don't get the credit they truly deserve!

This film was shot in six weeks on a limited budget, which is probably why it is actually so good! No rediculous fake cgi effects like in the Hollywood movies, all the effects look totally real. Trust me this film is totally believable and realistic!

From unexpected twists and turns...to a fantastic, shocking ending which leaves you in total shock! Be warned this movie isn't for the faint hearted, it does contain alot of violence and gore, but what do you expect from a horror film??

This isn't just any typical horror movie like some of the other reviews say, this is a horror movie with an important message about the state of Britain today! How teenagers have no discipline whatsoever! They can get away with anything because the government allows them to!

Seriously if you are a big fan of classic horror movies and read into the messages of the movie like I do then you will absolutley love this film! It's up there on my shelf with classics like Last House on the left and Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and rightly so!!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2012 11:19 PM GMT

Resident Evil: Degeneration [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Resident Evil: Degeneration [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Makoto Kamiya
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!, 3 Jan 2012
I have just finished watching this cgi movie and I must say I was very impressed. It is absolutley fantastic and if you are a fan of the games I suggest you order this right now! YOU WILL LOVE IT!!
This is exactly how any Resident Evil film should have been done, forget the Resident Evil movies with the real actors in, this is how it should be done!! Kept in line with the games and with the same style of look and design....I'll say it again....ABSOLUTLEY FANTASTIC!! Well worth £6.49 :)
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Human Centipede 2 (Full Sequence) [DVD]
The Human Centipede 2 (Full Sequence) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Laurence R. Harvey
Offered by bestmediagroup

1.0 out of 5 stars SAVE YOUR MONEY!, 22 Nov 2011
This is one of the worst films I have ever had the misfortune of buying and watching. I am a huge fan of the first one but this one is a total joke. The director has just milked the film for all it's worth to make money. It is more of a comedy, I found myself laughing throughout it all, this is an appauling film and a total slap in the face for fans of the first film!