Profile for Cas Allas Mazda > Reviews

Black Dog
Black Dog
by Levi Pinfold

5.0 out of 5 stars A Simple Story, 4 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Black Dog (Paperback)
A very good book sending out a good message about fear. Running away from fear is never a good thing, and if you don't, you can take hold of it; controlling it. So, yes, this simple book is good. The pictures & illustrations are fantastic giving extra detail to the words in the story. It's a ten-minute book.

Pack of 4 Handwriting Pens blue & black
Pack of 4 Handwriting Pens blue & black
Offered by R & S Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Working Pens, 28 Dec. 2012
I know most of those who buy these pens are school children and teachers, but I think they're really good as well. I like handwriting and these work very well and are not too expensive with the amount you get. However, the pen tops could be improved, because if taken off and left somewhere, you could easily lose them. Overall, the ink is good and the pen itself writes well.

Liver Birds (Theme from the TV Series ''The Liver Birds'')
Liver Birds (Theme from the TV Series ''The Liver Birds'')

5.0 out of 5 stars Catchy, 28 Dec. 2012
I first heard this song when mum played old comedy 'The Liver Birds' on YouTube. She was watching an episode when i heard the theme tune and thought it sounded very good. I haven't yet found the lyrics but the song is really good and fun to listen to.

A Night on Bald Mountain
A Night on Bald Mountain

5.0 out of 5 stars Creepy, 28 Dec. 2012
The rating is for the song. It's creepy and reminds me of an old haunted house movie. I didn't this song easy to find and had to look hard for it before I came across it on Amazon. The sound is unique and works in such brilliant form.

Fly By Night
Fly By Night
by Frances Hardinge

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Novel By Frances Hardinge!!, 30 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Fly By Night (Paperback)
Wow!! This book has proved worth reading. At first it took me time to get my head into the environment the author has set her theme, the atmosphere is quite incredible. Mosca Mye is a fascinating character along with her partner in crime, Eponymous Clent. He works for the Stationers, a company that owns a printing press. The story is packed with excitement. The book cover is good as well.

I can't wait to read Twilight Robbery, the second installment. I'm sure it will be as good or even better. Fly By Night is my first Frances Hardinge book that I have read and impressed I am. She's a very good author with an amazing imagination.

No and Me
No and Me
by Delphine de Vigan

5.0 out of 5 stars Touches the Heart, 9 Oct. 2012
This review is from: No and Me (Paperback)
This book really touched me deeply. It's easy to read and follow and good for those who struggle to read big books. There aren't any chapters, but it still begins as a new chapter except with a gap where it should be. Lou is very sweet and highly intelligent. In class she is expected to do a presentation and hers is on the homeless. The presentation leads her to interview No, a homeless nineteen year old girl. Like everyone, she has a past. Meanwhile Lou's family is falling apart with her being emotionally robbed by her silent mother. Her father is quite understanding and very nice. Lucas, an oddball character, astonished me. All characters brought tears to my eyes in a good way.

I'm glad I did read it and I don't think it's depressing as one review on here has mentioned. The homeless don't always have a way out and they still have pride despite sleeping along a street or discreetly in a alleyway. Oh, and this book is set in France.

Mr. Was
Mr. Was
by Pete Hautman
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars All I Can Say is "Wow!", 17 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Mr. Was (Mass Market Paperback)
What an amazing story. I Finished reading this last night and I felt truly shocked with tears stinging my eyes. I actually began to shiver through to the end. It's not scary, it's just so incredible, leaving you shell-shocked at the possibility of what is happening and what you are believing as you read and comprehend the information and details.

KEYWORDS:
Time-travelling, door, abuse, memory, boggs's end, strange, violence, war.

Judy Moody Was in a Mood
Judy Moody Was in a Mood
by Megan McDonald

2.0 out of 5 stars Miss Moody annoyed me., 2 Nov. 2011
I'm sorry, unfortunately I didn't like her or the other characters'. She irritated me quite a lot, so much so I didn't care about the book. I read the whole book through. Others seem to like it.

An Unfinished Life
An Unfinished Life
by Mark Spragg

4.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs Up!, 29 Oct. 2011
This review is from: An Unfinished Life (Paperback)
I liked this one. I thought the bond between Einar and Griff very good. Despite all that has happened to Mr. Bradley, Mitch, I was quite surprised by his positive attitude and caring nature. Griff is remarkable and quite fascinating. I enjoyed reading her thoughts and understanding the likes and dislikes.

Jean, Griff's mother, is the woman on the run from abusive Roy. Griff has witnessed the violence but is mainly at ear shot when they fight. Jean feels broken down, but not completely as she does pick up and go taking her daughter with her even when she hasn't a clue where she'll go. I admire her courage.

Mamma Maria
Mamma Maria

5.0 out of 5 stars Sara' Perche Ti Amo, 25 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Mamma Maria (Audio CD)
I love this song. I heard it from film starring Sasha Mitchell in Spike of Bensonhurst.
I wasn't keen on the film but this piece of music in the film was great. You can get this song on MP3 format.

I haven't actually listened to this CD.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15