Profile for Cas Allas Mazda > Reviews

Content by Cas Allas Mazda

Cas Allas Mazda "C A Maz" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Jindabyne [2007] [DVD]
Jindabyne [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Laura Linney
Offered by westworld-

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but not brilliant, 27 May 2009
This review is from: Jindabyne [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
I wouldn't recommend that anyone buys this for keeps. To see it for the first time is fine, but it's quite boring after a while.
Gabriel Byrne is very effective and so is Laura Linney playing his wife. They are good together, but there's not a lot to watch in it before you get tired of it and begin to fast-forward the DVD in order to see the next part - if appealing enough?

Prison Break - Season 1 [DVD]
Prison Break - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Wentworth Miller
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 18 May 2009
I've just rented this complete series and have truly loved it. Now I can't wait to rent the next.

I can't say it's better than Lost & 24 because I love all of them just the same. 24 was the first, then Lost and now Prison Break. All brilliant to watch. They all hook you in well. I was a little a worried that there would be lots of violence being based in a man's prison. But I found that the scenes were cut well and were not too graphic.

The suspense keeps you thinking and wanting to watch a lot more than it gives you, similar to Lost, but completely different of course.
All charachers' on these shows are great fun to watch develop throughout each series.

People Next Door [1995] [DVD]
People Next Door [1995] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael O'Keefe
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 6 May 2009
I expected more in this film. A woman always falling for the wrong men and staying out at nightclubs and never heeding the good advice of her mother who wants to help her.
Of course the neighbours think she's an unfit mother. She proving them right. Except they're not so good either.

Precious Victims [VHS][1993]
Precious Victims [VHS][1993]
VHS

4.0 out of 5 stars Justice or not, 6 May 2009
Good, I suppose. I wasn't happy that Paula's husband gets away with the murders because was partly responsible.
It was strange understanding how a mother could kill her babies all because they weren't boys to happy her husband's name.
Medical experts said that she was suffering from post-natal depression when she killed both girls.

The real Paula Sims is still serving out her sentence and her appeal for release has been rejected. Their surviving son has reported his anger at those who also blamed his father Robert. He said his father wasn't to blame and that it was totally his mother who he is bitter with.

KEYWORDS:
Child murderer, dead baby remains, cops confused - want confession.

A Child Lost Forever [DVD] [1997]
A Child Lost Forever [DVD] [1997]
Dvd ~ Beverly D'Angelo

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Effective & Very True, 6 May 2009
This is definitely a true story because I checked it out to make sure. Barry Siegel is the author of the book A Death In White Bear Lake.
It truly does give you insight into how Dennis suffered and why there was a cover up until his mother Jerry serves justice to where it is needed.

The DVD is good. Dana Ivey is fantastic as evil Lois Jergins.
My heart went out to poor Beverly D'Angello, who played Jerry, when she discovers from the authority that her long lost little boy died 20 years ago. No one ever thought to tell her. That to me was devastating.

I have the video and don't need the DVD for it doesn't have anything on that can bonus what I already have.

Five Children And It [DVD] [2004]
Five Children And It [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Kenneth Branagh

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little story, 5 May 2009
Certainly is a nice little story. Reminded me of The Railway Children then I realised that this story was from the same author E. Nesbit.

I must say that I did adore that wonderful creature IT. He did look lovely and mysterous. His tongue spoke a fascinating way that was quite humourous and very daring.

Although I liked the film, which I watched this bank holiday Monday, I felt something missing; tension perhaps. Maybe it's because I've seen Harry Potter which blasts you away.
Anyway never mind I still liked it but will keep my number at 3 - In the middle. Not bad, hey.

Lost - Season 4 [DVD]
Lost - Season 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Evangeline Lilly
Offered by Venture Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Complicated, but great stuff, 5 May 2009
This review is from: Lost - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Much more complicated than the last three. Oh, but it's so incredible watching Ben Linus and John Lock. All the characters' are so brilliant and the flashback/forwards are like brain teasers, but they're so much fun to work out. The bonus disks are fab as well.

I love watching this series and now need to have a go at Prison Break because I've heard that's just as good. I'm already up to date with 24 and that I love.

Roll on to season 5 which I won't watch on sky but will get on DVD and watch it fully.

To Love Anew (Sydney Cove)
To Love Anew (Sydney Cove)
by Bonnie Leon

5.0 out of 5 stars I Loved This Book, 5 May 2009
I really enjoyed this book. The text is very clear and words aren't difficult to understand, which means you can easily move with it.
The characters' I loved and understood pretty well. You get involved quick.

Half-way through reading it I cried a little due to Hannah Talbot and John Bradshaw's turmoil over their enormous ordeal. I liked the spiritual side of it mostly though, because it wasn't at all graphic. I truly can't wait to read the next two that follow on.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 5, 2012 10:39 PM BST

The Boy Who Was Wanted Dead or Alive - or Both (Blart)
The Boy Who Was Wanted Dead or Alive - or Both (Blart)
by Dominic Barker

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Story., 29 April 2009
Yes it's a good story that will involve you straight away, but I myself preferred the first one more.
The characters are amazingly funny enough, although Blart did irritate me by thinking he should be glorified beyond any doubt. So really I ended up hating him and too wishing he would disappear.

The author has a great imagination and the setting is amazing. You can't really imagine yourself inside the book because you wouldn't want to be there - which I found quite scary, but fun at the same time.

Miracle Run ( The Unexpected Journey ) [DVD]
Miracle Run ( The Unexpected Journey ) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Aidan Quinn

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be better, 14 April 2009
I watched this one this afternoon and thought it good, but could've been better.
Not worth watching it on DVD. Just once does the trick really. A little slow as well doesn't get going until later.
It was a nice movie, though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15