Profile for Miryam > Reviews

Content by Miryam

Miryam

Disposable Sterliser Bags (7 day supply)
Disposable Sterliser Bags (7 day supply)
Offered by Family Care
Price: 12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Requires access to boiled water..., 26 Dec 2013
I bought this set for sterilising on the go, but the instructions state that after the sterilising process, all items should be rinsed with recently boiled water, making it suddenly less attractive (if I can boil water, why not simply boil the water with the bottles inside, and sterilise them directly so?)

I can see how for example this is doable if you have a plug in kettle but not a kitchen at hand, but in mainland Europe (where I live) a kettle in the room is not really standard equipment in hotels... Limited usefulness then for travel...

I assume in the end I will use them and rinse with bottled mineral water when I cannot sterilise by other means.

CARDDIES NATIVITY: Nativity Card People to Colour and Go
CARDDIES NATIVITY: Nativity Card People to Colour and Go
Offered by CARDDIES
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, entertaining and practical, 26 Dec 2013
Really good kit to provide our 3 year old entertainment on the go this Christmas. This cute little set kept him happy through a 45 minute wait for our food at a restaurant. When he got tired of colouring, we mounted the little figures on their stands and kept playing inventing little stories with the animals in the Nativity set. They are made of cardboard, can withstand some playing without trouble. I carry it in my handbag these days for visits to relatives and friends for when he gets bored of adults talking over his head...

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and practical, 11 Feb 2013
Everything has it place: no more lost time untangling chains or searching for the other earring.
Ended up buying two: one for a gift, one for myself...

Rob Ryan Bunting
Rob Ryan Bunting

3.0 out of 5 stars Not double sided as wrongly indicated in the description, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: Rob Ryan Bunting (Misc.)
It is beautiful, but only printed on one side, the other one being blank (off white). So it will only look really nice when hanging against a wall, and not across a room/garden. For this reason, I am planning to return it. For the price (and description) I was expecting double sided...

KIDDIMOTO SAFETY HELMET Red with Goggles Size Small
KIDDIMOTO SAFETY HELMET Red with Goggles Size Small
Offered by Service Champions
Price: 24.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Stays put, looks cute, 3 Sep 2012
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
The helmet is as cute as it looks in the picture; we have been using it occasionally for three months now (3-4 times a week for short rides on baby seat on the back of dad's bike) and so far it shows no signs of fraying as reported in other review. It comes with an adapter that allows to adjust well to the head circumference; helmet still looks big on my 21 month old, but it stays secured (First times I kept tugging at it to make sure it wouldn't slide off - it doesn't). It is lightweight but then so are all bike helmets. It covers well my son's head, and according to paperwork included in the package it complies with the necessary safety regulations for a bike helmet, so I trust it offers adequate protection, hoping it will never be put to the test!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2013 9:18 PM BST

Summer Infant Tiny Diner - Green
Summer Infant Tiny Diner - Green
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit!, 13 Dec 2011
We bought this in an attempt to protect our kitchen table from incesant banging with any object at hand of the little one. It works well, the rubber is thick enough to offer some protection to both the table and our ears.

We also found it solved another issue, very specific to our seating arrangement: our little one sits at the grown ups table with a Chicco Caddy Hook On Chair ([..]). This type of chair adjusts directly to your table. It works well for us, but we found the system leaves a gap of 3-4 cm between the edge of the chair and the table, which our son immediately took as an invitation to throw food and cuttlery through.

The Tiny Diner "collecting tray" fits perfectly in this gap, and was very succesful in stopping the game of throw and peek, as well as collecting any food spills. It is also reasonably easy to clean.