Profile for Christian de l'Argy > Reviews

Content by Christian de l...

Christian de l'Argy

VESALUX Go Glitter 1L GOLD 101 - Glitter paint for walls and other surfaces
VESALUX Go Glitter 1L GOLD 101 - Glitter paint for walls and other surfaces
Offered by VESALUX

3.0 out of 5 stars ... this product three stars not because it is a bad product but it wasn't quite what I expected, 28 Oct. 2014
I have given this product three stars not because it is a bad product but it wasn't quite what I expected! I thought the product description said it was a clear drying varnish type paint. However, I tried a "test patch", following the instructions, on my yellow painted walls and it darkened the colour a lot! Even when fully dried, the original colour of the walls was duller and patchier. I tried with a roller and a brush, but It just looked messy! I have tried other gold glitter paints available here and I have to say "My little Princess" is still disappointed! On the positive side, this product came from Greece, and was delivered really quickly, considering!

1m x 50m HEAVY DUTY Woven Weed Control Ground Mulch Landscape Fabric +40 Pegs
1m x 50m HEAVY DUTY Woven Weed Control Ground Mulch Landscape Fabric +40 Pegs
Offered by trade-mart

5.0 out of 5 stars ... ordered this "weed control" fabric before and been very happy with it, 28 Oct. 2014
I have ordered this "weed control" fabric before and been very happy with it! It did surprise me that it arrived as 2 x 25M rolls - not what I ordered, but, actually doesn't matter at all! The delivery time was very good - at the beginning of the estimated dates! My only advice to people buying this item is to order extra "securing pegs", In my experience, the quantity of pegs supplied is never enough to secure the quantity of fabric supplied!

4 Meters Old Gold 9.5mm Head Upholstery Strip Studs
4 Meters Old Gold 9.5mm Head Upholstery Strip Studs
Offered by C Perrin Re-upholstery

5.0 out of 5 stars I found this product was great. Having the holes every fifth space made them ..., 28 Oct. 2014
I found this product was great. Having the holes every fifth space made them really easy to use, and they suited the project I bought them for really well. They arrived bent over in the post. which I was initially disappointed about. as I had intended using them in straight strips, but they are so flexible that they straightened out with no trouble and look brilliant. The delivery time was excellent too!

Round Brass Fret Cap Red Ceramic Cupboard Knob 40mm x 1 (MT-01-RED)
Round Brass Fret Cap Red Ceramic Cupboard Knob 40mm x 1 (MT-01-RED)
Offered by Vintage-Chic

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! It's always difficult to get a true idea ..., 28 Oct. 2014
Fantastic! It's always difficult to get a true idea of colour 'online' but these suited my décor extremely well. They made the cupboard doors look opulent and the fact that the screw was 40mm long, rather than the 30mm long handles I had before, means that the handles fit my doors better! The delivery time on the items was at the beginning of the stated range and I have no hesitation in recommending this seller!

6 Litre Cornstarch Biobag Food Waste Caddy Liner 100 Pack (2 rolls) - 100% Biodegradable & Compostable

5.0 out of 5 stars always a good thing! The bags fitted our kitchen 'compost bin', 17 Aug. 2014
I don't know how to review this product other than it arrived ahead of the scheduled delivery time, always a good thing! The bags fitted our kitchen 'compost bin'. I can't guarantee they decompose as they should! I don't know what else to say!

Bosch PFZ 500 E Multi-Saw
Bosch PFZ 500 E Multi-Saw

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm really glad I bought this saw, 17 Aug. 2014
Yeah, I'm really glad I bought this saw. It's a lot quicker than sawing wood by hand! I found my hand 'tingled' a bit after I'd been using it for over an hour and I wish the blade had been a bit longer. But. for what it is, I think it's great. It sawed up some old chairs we were throwing out with no problem and used them on the fire.. I cut down some old bushes in the garden with it - not sure I was supposed to do that with this saw! A friend had given us some logs from the estate she works on and it was not suitable for them - much too thick! Still. if you're my age and sawing things by hand is getting a bit too much of an effort, this saw will help you!

Byron Sentry BY212 100m Wireless Portable and Plug-In Door Chime Kit with 6 Sounds

5.0 out of 5 stars this has proved to be a great buy! I have bought other wireless doorbells from ..., 17 Aug. 2014
So far, this has proved to be a great buy! I have bought other wireless doorbells from B&Q - no problem with the quality - but lots of other people in the street must have bought the same ones, because we used to get "phantom rings"! I mean the doorbell would ring and no-one would be at the door, A friend told me it might be because several people in the neighbourhood might have the same make of doorbell and the 'frequencies' might be too similar and ring when someone else's door bell was pushed - I don't know!
This doorbell has worked for us. It was a bit difficult to get it to stick to our UPC doorframe with the 'sticky pads' provided, but I put superglue on those pads and held it in position overnight with some sellotape and have had no problems since. My partner likes the basic 'three ring tone' - I haven't bothered to try the other tones it offers - another 5 I think.

LYDC Womens Ladies Designer Polka Dot Design Yellow Purse Clutch Wallet P68
LYDC Womens Ladies Designer Polka Dot Design Yellow Purse Clutch Wallet P68
Offered by Classyshades

5.0 out of 5 stars she was really happy with it because it had a lot of pockets ..., 17 Aug. 2014
I bought this for a friend because her dog had chewed her previous yellow polka dot purse, so I can only put down what she said to me. Although it was not the same purse the dog had destroyed, she was really happy with it because it had a lot of pockets for her plastic cards, a decent size pocket for her change and one for her notes. The thing she really liked the most about it was the vivid pink lining material, she hadn't expected that! I can't say any more than that. I thought it was stylish and a very reasonable price, but I'm not the one who is going to be using it.

Redstone 6ft Folding Trestle Table - Super Strong 300kg Load Capacity - Unique Lock Mechanism - Delivery Packaging With Polystyrene Side Protection To Prevent Damage
Offered by Cyber Checkout

5.0 out of 5 stars Just "what the doctor ordered"!, 5 Jan. 2014
I bought this table because we needed an extra table for guests at Christmas dinner. I have bought other 'occasional' tables before but they always seemed a bit unsteady and was expecting the same from this product! However, it was really great. It's quite easy to put up and the 'locking keys' provided made it even more unlikely to collapse at the wrong moment. It folds up to a really compact size that we can store at the back of the cupboard without taking up much space until we need it again. In fact. some of my friends want to borrow it - which may not be welcome news for the company I bought it from! Anyway. I rate it highly but have only used it indoors so far but think it can be used for camping or the garden too.

1 x Silicone Spatula Spoon Kitchen Utensil Cake Mixer Cooking Baking Noodles Mixer
Offered by Excellencestores

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these spatulas!, 5 Jan. 2014
I use these spatulas on a daily basis. I find them easier to use than wooden or plastic ones because they're both stiff and flexible - yes I know that's a contradiction! To me they're "stiff" enough to not let much residue escape and "flexible" enough to get that awkward residue that collects between the bottom of the bowl and the sides. Having used them for about three years now, I can't imagine using any others.