Profile for wonkylens > Reviews

Content by wonkylens

wonkylens "wonkylens" (Oxfordshire, UK)

Know Your Onions: Graphic Design: How to Think Like a Creative, Act Like a Businessman and Design Like a God
by Drew de Soto

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, 26 July 2012
This book is so much more than I expected. As mentioned in one of the previous reviews, I agree that it is like talking to an experienced designer, picking his brains. And yes, he is witty.

The binding is beautiful, the quality of paper inside too. I will read this book from cover to cover and keep it by my desk.

Thanks for sharing 25 years of experiences Mr de Soto.

The Best Of Free Design
The Best Of Free Design

1.0 out of 5 stars Love You, 11 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Best Of Free Design (Audio CD)
I was only interested in one song out of the whole album, in particular 'Love You'. I was very dissapointed with the difference in volume - by this I mean it is causing more trouble than joy as it is the quietest song out of my whole music collection. When it plays I either have to wait for it to play quietly, so that I can hardly hear it, or walk over and turn it up and then of course turn it down after it finishes (as everything else is blasting with the volume so high). It is the only song I've got that plays so quiet, I am not at all happy to have wasted money - having to walk up and down to hear one song is just too annoying.

Penguin 75: Designers, Authors, Commentary (the good, the bad...)
Penguin 75: Designers, Authors, Commentary (the good, the bad...)
by Paul Buckley

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 27 Sep 2010
This book was all I wanted and expected it to be, shame there is not more of the 'juicy' comments from authors and designers, those particularly, were fun to read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2010 4:19 PM GMT