Profile for AnnieB > Reviews

Bosch Isio Cordless Shrub/ Grass Shear
Bosch Isio Cordless Shrub/ Grass Shear
Price: 49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded Expectations, 26 Jun 2014
We have a small but complicated lawn as on each piece I've put in 'stepping stone' round and rectangular paving slabs. Up till now I've cut the lawn edges with edging shears and round the slabs with scissors. Very tedious and always gave me really bad hand cramps afterwards. Thought I would give these shears a go, thought they would probably do the edges OK but was a bit dubious about the slabs. Well I've just had my first go with them, they are wonderful, light and easy to use in any direction. They did both the lawn edges and all the slabs plus I could sort out any little patches of uncut grass particularly under overhanging plants. It felt very much as if I were using hair trimmers or horse clippers! I then had a go with the shrub shears and they were good but as I have the Bosch cordless hedge trimmer I would probably use that instead. The battery didn't seem to be thinking about running out of charge. As mentioned I already have the hedge trimmer and also have the cordless strimmer and secateurs, all lithium ion battery powered. They are left plugged in all the time and none have faltered in the couple of years I've been using them so I guess the shears are going to be the same. All in all I would recommend them 100%.

HP Envy 4500 e-All-In-One Printer
HP Envy 4500 e-All-In-One Printer
Offered by san direct
Price: 64.81

1.0 out of 5 stars Very, very disapppointed, 25 Jun 2014
I spent ages researching a wireless printer when our Brother irreparably decided to stop connecting wirelessly. Chose the Envy 4500 because of the decent ratings on Amazon and other reviews. I wish I hadn't.

Firstly the good bit, printer ordered from Amazon on a Sunday for the super saver delivery, it came on the Monday. What service!

Now the bad bits. A previous HP office jet had connected really easily so I rather expected this would too. Not a bit of it, I'm not techy but consider myself moderately computer literate. It took me about 3 hours, first it upset the BT Home Hub completely so that needed unplugging, resetting etc etc. Eventually I got it to link to the network and to print one file. Hooray thought I. Not a bit of it, it wouldn't print from the internet including Dropbox files. It came up with a save option only, no print option. I got it to print a couple of pages by saving it into 'my documents' and printing from there. After Googling solutions to print problems I downloaded HP updates and drivers. It kindly printed one page for me. I decided to find better things to do with the rest of the day.

With great optimism this morning I sent some excel files from Dropbox to print. I heard them printing and thought Yeehaa it's working. Went to have a look and all the formatting had been scuppered, half the table lines were missing, spacing all over the place. Had a look at print preview and that was fine. Decided enough was enough and it was going back to Amazon.
Got the link to print labels and guess what, no print command at all, just 'save' again. Luckily it printed from 'save' then 'my documents'.

Now I'm sure if I had more in depth knowledge of programming and diagnostics these faults could be got round but surely printers aren't designed only to be used by IT experts? I've never had these problems with other printers.

So, its either back to USB connection to my Brother unless someone knows of a basic, reliable, wireless printer that allows you to print with narrow or no margins (that was the issue with my previous HP Office Jet). Envy 4500 now boxed for return and again laptop repair shop ready to remove all HP files for me. In all, back to square one. Thank heaven Amazon returns service is so good.

DELUXE CARAVAN CAR CLEANING TELESCOPIC BRUSH BROOM & WATER FED HOSE FITTING
DELUXE CARAVAN CAR CLEANING TELESCOPIC BRUSH BROOM & WATER FED HOSE FITTING
Offered by H-B-K
Price: 12.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Has exactly the same leaking/fitting issues as the others, 24 Mar 2014
Wanted an extending brush to clean the bargeboards and gable end of our bungalow. Read reviews for similar products and they regularly reported issues with the brush working loose and joint leakage. This one seemed to have better reviews, hence I went for it.

Well I've only used it once, luckily on a sunny day in a break from the rain. I wouldn't use it on a cold day unless you wear a wetsuit. The joints leaked, especially the 'hoselock' fitting which we need to use. The brush kept twisting off, falling off the handle a couple of times. Exactly the same as reviews of the similar products.

Next time before I use it I'll try PTFE tape on the joints and see if that helps, if not it's out with the Araldite.
Does the job but very frustrating and wet.

Duronic White LS1008 /W Digital 50KG Capacity Luggage/Bag/Suitcase Scales with straps and batteries
Offered by DURONIC
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, accurate and easy to use, 14 Mar 2014
Have now been using this for some time, it has remained as reliable as on day one with no battery changes needed. It's really easy to use and to read. If I had a slight grumble it could be slightly flatter to pack away but that's a very minor niggle. Otherwise fully recommend it.

AA Car Essentials Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge
AA Car Essentials Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge
Price: 10.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great when I first used it but ......., 14 Mar 2014
Was really pleased when I first tried this but after a few uses the plastic on the 'nozzle' end has bent even though I was really careful to place it on the valve properly, the plastic rim is very thin and very easily 'squashed'. This means that it takes a few tries before its on properly and gives a reading and in the meantime it sometimes lets air out because of its misplacement. I also found it really doesn't like being stored in our garage in colder weather, the reading just went crazy, its better now I keep it indoors.

Black & Decker KS890EK Scorpion Powered Handsaw 400 Watts with Kitbox
Black & Decker KS890EK Scorpion Powered Handsaw 400 Watts with Kitbox
Offered by diy falkirk
Price: 39.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for price, 14 Mar 2014
We just wanted a reasonably priced electric saw to chop up a settee for removal. It works fine for simple tasks but I'm not sure I'd recommend it for heavier use. It vibrates quite strongly up your arm when in use. It takes some care to use properly, don't bend the blade and don't push it down or force it, just let it do its own thing whilst using a gentle sawing action, I liken it to using an electric toothbrush! I did notice the non-stick surface on the main saw blade has started to rub off already after a few uses. For the price it's very good value.

Karcher WV50 cordless window vac and Small Head head attachment
Karcher WV50 cordless window vac and Small Head head attachment
Price: 60.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little machine, 14 Mar 2014
I bought this on the recommendation of a friend who uses hers mainly for removing window condensation. We don't have much but it was still a pain using kitchen wipes or cloths. This is great, I find it really easy to use, I don't have any problems in unplugging the rubber stopper or using it on its side or upright. I use the smaller blade mostly which fits my Georgian style windows and use the larger one for the large pane windows and patio doors. As i have never ever been able to clean windows without a smear this gadget is 100% better at it than my efforts, the result may not be absolutely streak free but suits me. Karcher now do an extension pole, hoping they will bring one out which has the option of using a smaller or larger blade.

Canon CB-2LZE Battery Charger for The PowerShot G11/G12 Digital Camera
Canon CB-2LZE Battery Charger for The PowerShot G11/G12 Digital Camera
Price: 53.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast charging, 25 Sep 2013
My G12 came with an flat two pin charger and separate adaptor. For some unknown reason it stopped charging my batteries. Rather than fiddling about with bits and bobs I ordered this one. It is light, super fast and with a lovely long lead. Well pleased!

Morphy Richards 48031 Induction Hob, Black
Morphy Richards 48031 Induction Hob, Black
Offered by ShopInn
Price: 80.67

3.0 out of 5 stars Good in some aspects, 3 Sep 2013
I needed a new portable induction hob for my elderly father. I have been using a built in 4 ring induction hob for about 6 years and love induction cooking. I bought father a cheap Japanese one some while ago which now needs replacing. Looking at the reviews I thought this would be ideal. It arrived today so I thought I would test it before taking it down to him, good job I did. The lower settings have a very strong pulse action i.e. the magnetron acts then cuts out. This means that it is very difficult to keep food at a low steady simmer and really dodgy if you want to make a proper custard for example where the liquid must not boil. I don't have this problem on my hob nor on the aforementioned Japanese one. My other worry is that as an older person he is a little clumsier than when younger, the whole top is glass, no 'buffer' edges again as in the Japanese version. I can see it would be far too easy to chip the edges. The optional swipe temperature selection is a good idea but also probably not so suitable for an older person.

Apple iPod nano 16GB 7th Generation - Silver  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Apple iPod nano 16GB 7th Generation - Silver (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Offered by Fuzzy Peaches UK
Price: 95.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box, 22 Aug 2013
Was bought as a gift for an elderly friend who is abysmally untechy. She found it easy to use and so far is very pleased with it. Seems particularly suitable for people who want something realtively simple without all the bells and whistles other options have.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3