Profile for AnnieB > Reviews

AnnieB

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Logitech Wireless Keyboard K270 - UK layout
Logitech Wireless Keyboard K270 - UK layout

4.0 out of 5 stars The keys are well space with nice chamfered edges, 6 Feb. 2015
I bought this as I was fed up with using my laptop keyboard. This keyboard plugged straight in using the packaged Unifying Receiver. The keys are well space with nice chamfered edges, its difficult therefore to mistakenly press two keys by accident. Good placement of the on/off switch and useful caps lock light. Keys are bit rattly especially on mine, the space bar almost sounds loose. I already had a Logitech wireless mouse with the unifying symbol on but a standard mini receiver. I just couldn't get it to work, all the Googled fixes didn't work until I logged into the Logitech website for contact details and tried the download, ten seconds later all done and now keyboard and mouse work in happy harmony. Yes I would purchase this keyboard again but glad there is a guarantee because I don't fully trust the spacebar.

Judge Vista Stainless Steel Saucepan 20cm
Judge Vista Stainless Steel Saucepan 20cm
Offered by U Stores

3.0 out of 5 stars Works as a saucepan but heavy and awkward to drain, 28 Sept. 2014
Hated it! May be my own preference but didn't find the balance when draining veg easy at all. Its quite a bit taller than the non draining Judge equivalent and it vents out far too much steam from the draining lip even when the holes aren't lined up. I actually car booted this one and bought another of the traditional Judge pans. For me its just as easy to do the old fashioned way of tilting the lid to drain. Less steam in the kitchen as well. As a pan it works fine but for ease of use - not convinced.

Bosch Rotak 32 LI Ergoflex Cordless 36 Volt Lithium-ion Rotary Lawnmower (32 cm Cutting Width)

5.0 out of 5 stars For small difficult areas of grass fits the bill perfectly, 28 Sept. 2014
I can't speak for the reliability as I have only used it once. I have convoluted small areas of green herbage, too little proper grass to call a lawn. Hubby used to cut the 'lawn' with a corded Flymo hover mower. I hated cutting the 'lawn', kept tripping over and getting the cable tangled up in the plants. Thought a wheeled mower would scalp the 'lawn' but decided to take the risk. It's absolutely wonderful. Really light and maneuverable, super to have no cable. It didn't scalp the 'lawn' at all. It neatly piled all the dead leaves into the grass collector. Much to my amazement I actually got more herbage in the collector than with the lower cutting Flymo. Battery charge showed no signs of running out. I already have a stable of four other Bosch li-ion garden accessories and the batteries and performance of them all have been exemplary so fingers crossed this will be the same. I wouldn't recommend it for a serious lawn addict, and certainly not with a big lawn. For ease on small twisty turny mixed herbage 'lawns' couldn't ask for anything better.

Z-Tec Folding Steel Commode Chair with Removable Pail
Z-Tec Folding Steel Commode Chair with Removable Pail
Offered by Choice Shops Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Product actually better than I expected for the price, 13 Aug. 2014
The commode chair arrived in super fast time. I was a bit dubious as to how a decent commode could be bought for the price but fear not - the commode is really stable, has locking levers at the side so it won't fold up by accident. The pail has fairly short runners but with a stop at the front so it would be unlikely to drop out. I think the actual product looks better than the photo! Great to have it able to fold so it can go up in the loft later on. Very satisfied all round.

Bosch Isio Cordless Shrub/ Grass Shear
Bosch Isio Cordless Shrub/ Grass Shear

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded Expectations, 26 Jun. 2014
We have a small but complicated lawn as on each piece I've put in 'stepping stone' round and rectangular paving slabs. Up till now I've cut the lawn edges with edging shears and round the slabs with scissors. Very tedious and always gave me really bad hand cramps afterwards. Thought I would give these shears a go, thought they would probably do the edges OK but was a bit dubious about the slabs. Well I've just had my first go with them, they are wonderful, light and easy to use in any direction. They did both the lawn edges and all the slabs plus I could sort out any little patches of uncut grass particularly under overhanging plants. It felt very much as if I were using hair trimmers or horse clippers! I then had a go with the shrub shears and they were good but as I have the Bosch cordless hedge trimmer I would probably use that instead. The battery didn't seem to be thinking about running out of charge. As mentioned I already have the hedge trimmer and also have the cordless strimmer and secateurs, all lithium ion battery powered. They are left plugged in all the time and none have faltered in the couple of years I've been using them so I guess the shears are going to be the same. All in all I would recommend them 100%.

HP Envy 4500 e-All-In-One Printer
HP Envy 4500 e-All-In-One Printer

1.0 out of 5 stars Very, very disapppointed, 25 Jun. 2014
I spent ages researching a wireless printer when our Brother irreparably decided to stop connecting wirelessly. Chose the Envy 4500 because of the decent ratings on Amazon and other reviews. I wish I hadn't.

Firstly the good bit, printer ordered from Amazon on a Sunday for the super saver delivery, it came on the Monday. What service!

Now the bad bits. A previous HP office jet had connected really easily so I rather expected this would too. Not a bit of it, I'm not techy but consider myself moderately computer literate. It took me about 3 hours, first it upset the BT Home Hub completely so that needed unplugging, resetting etc etc. Eventually I got it to link to the network and to print one file. Hooray thought I. Not a bit of it, it wouldn't print from the internet including Dropbox files. It came up with a save option only, no print option. I got it to print a couple of pages by saving it into 'my documents' and printing from there. After Googling solutions to print problems I downloaded HP updates and drivers. It kindly printed one page for me. I decided to find better things to do with the rest of the day.

With great optimism this morning I sent some excel files from Dropbox to print. I heard them printing and thought Yeehaa it's working. Went to have a look and all the formatting had been scuppered, half the table lines were missing, spacing all over the place. Had a look at print preview and that was fine. Decided enough was enough and it was going back to Amazon.
Got the link to print labels and guess what, no print command at all, just 'save' again. Luckily it printed from 'save' then 'my documents'.

Now I'm sure if I had more in depth knowledge of programming and diagnostics these faults could be got round but surely printers aren't designed only to be used by IT experts? I've never had these problems with other printers.

So, its either back to USB connection to my Brother unless someone knows of a basic, reliable, wireless printer that allows you to print with narrow or no margins (that was the issue with my previous HP Office Jet). Envy 4500 now boxed for return and again laptop repair shop ready to remove all HP files for me. In all, back to square one. Thank heaven Amazon returns service is so good.

DELUXE CARAVAN CAR CLEANING TELESCOPIC BRUSH BROOM & WATER FED HOSE FITTING
DELUXE CARAVAN CAR CLEANING TELESCOPIC BRUSH BROOM & WATER FED HOSE FITTING
Offered by H-B-K

2.0 out of 5 stars Has exactly the same leaking/fitting issues as the others, 24 Mar. 2014
Wanted an extending brush to clean the bargeboards and gable end of our bungalow. Read reviews for similar products and they regularly reported issues with the brush working loose and joint leakage. This one seemed to have better reviews, hence I went for it.

Well I've only used it once, luckily on a sunny day in a break from the rain. I wouldn't use it on a cold day unless you wear a wetsuit. The joints leaked, especially the 'hoselock' fitting which we need to use. The brush kept twisting off, falling off the handle a couple of times. Exactly the same as reviews of the similar products.

Next time before I use it I'll try PTFE tape on the joints and see if that helps, if not it's out with the Araldite.
Does the job but very frustrating and wet.

Duronic White LS1008 /W Digital 50KG Capacity Luggage/Bag/Suitcase Scales with straps and batteries + Free 2 Year Warranty
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, accurate and easy to use, 14 Mar. 2014
Have now been using this for some time, it has remained as reliable as on day one with no battery changes needed. It's really easy to use and to read. If I had a slight grumble it could be slightly flatter to pack away but that's a very minor niggle. Otherwise fully recommend it.

AA Car Essentials Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge
AA Car Essentials Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge

3.0 out of 5 stars Great when I first used it but ......., 14 Mar. 2014
Was really pleased when I first tried this but after a few uses the plastic on the 'nozzle' end has bent even though I was really careful to place it on the valve properly, the plastic rim is very thin and very easily 'squashed'. This means that it takes a few tries before its on properly and gives a reading and in the meantime it sometimes lets air out because of its misplacement. I also found it really doesn't like being stored in our garage in colder weather, the reading just went crazy, its better now I keep it indoors.

BLACK+DECKER KS890EK Scorpion Powered Handsaw 400 Watts with Kitbox
BLACK+DECKER KS890EK Scorpion Powered Handsaw 400 Watts with Kitbox

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for price, 14 Mar. 2014
We just wanted a reasonably priced electric saw to chop up a settee for removal. It works fine for simple tasks but I'm not sure I'd recommend it for heavier use. It vibrates quite strongly up your arm when in use. It takes some care to use properly, don't bend the blade and don't push it down or force it, just let it do its own thing whilst using a gentle sawing action, I liken it to using an electric toothbrush! I did notice the non-stick surface on the main saw blade has started to rub off already after a few uses. For the price it's very good value.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3