Profile for L. Turner > Reviews

Content by L. Turner

L. Turner (Scotland)

Pampers Active Fit Size 4+ (Maxi +) Jumbo Pack 66 Nappies (pack of 2)
Pampers Active Fit Size 4+ (Maxi +) Jumbo Pack 66 Nappies (pack of 2)
Offered by British Essentials
Price: 39.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Pampers: They do the job but the smell REALLY bad, 25 Feb 2012
I must say that I like these nappies because they work really well - no leaks at all but they smell the worst of any disposable nappies I've ever used. The chemical smell is so strong that I'm going back to cloth for day to day use and eco disposables for day trips and night time. I am constantly changing my daughters nappies when she wears these because they smell so awful, like poo even if they are just wet. No leaks but not worth it for the smell and chemicals next to my precious babies skin.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2012 6:51 PM GMT

Huggies Super Dry Size 4+ (20-35 lbs/9-16 kg) Nappies - Pack of 148
Huggies Super Dry Size 4+ (20-35 lbs/9-16 kg) Nappies - Pack of 148
Offered by wumi's emporium

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 3 Dec 2011
Great nappies, never leak and it works out so much cheaper with the Subscribe and Save option on Amazon. Cheaper than the supermarkets own makes. I like doing it this way, it means I dont have to worry about running out of nappies because we always have plenty now and I like not having to pay for them weekly out of my grocery budget. Highly recommend.

The Contented Little Baby Book Of Weaning
The Contented Little Baby Book Of Weaning
by Gina Ford
Price: 7.58

4.0 out of 5 stars helpful, 31 Dec 2008
I bought this book because I didn't have a clue how to go about weaning, or what was the best time of day to start and I felt that as a new mum I wanted something to literally spell it out for me. Im not a follower of Gina's routines, far too strict for me but I must say that I liked this book. Although my baby doesnt exactly fit into the feeding times, I use them as a guideline, rather than a rule, which I think is the best way to treat any of Gina's books. My baby also eats a bit more than the recommended 'teaspoon' size portions, even though we have just started weaning at 5 months. The recipes are good & look delicious, I think that i'll be making the same thing for my husband and I as well as baby so that we can all eat together and I also like the fact that Gina encourages finger foods quite early on, its not all purees.
I would recommend this book to anyone who is feeling unsure about how to go about weaning or who just wants a bit of knowledge on the subject.