Profile for L. Braybrook > Reviews

The Bricklayer
by Noah Boyd
Price: 6.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Noah Boyd's no Lee Child, 6 Jun 2010
This review is from: The Bricklayer (Paperback)
Despite the quote on this book's cover I don't think Jack Reacher should start worrying yet!

'The bricklayer' is an easy read that suffers from some pretty dire dialogue and a number of 'twists' that I saw coming. I'm a big fan of Lee Child and Robert Crais and in my opinion this book is nowhere near as good as their material.

The Last Light of the Sun
The Last Light of the Sun
by Guy Gavriel Kay

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful tale, 9 April 2010
Another wonderful story from Guy Gavriel Kay. This book reminded me of 'The lions of Al-Rassan' where he took a familiar place and history and then twisted it to make a fantastic story. I loved the characters in this book and although some of the reviewers have disliked the writing style I think it's just a matter of taste and it worked for me.

Basically, if you've ever read and enjoyed any of Guy Gavriel Kay's other works I doubt you'll regret buying this one. And if you've never read one of his books I can't recommend them highly enough.

Buffalo RUF-C4G/U2 4GB USB High Speed Flash Drive
Buffalo RUF-C4G/U2 4GB USB High Speed Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value., 8 Mar 2008
I have one of these devices for personal use and another couple at work. I have been using them for months and have never experienced any problems. I would recommend this item anyway but at this price it's a no brainer!

Rage
Rage
by Jonathan Kellerman

3.0 out of 5 stars Tedious and boring, 8 Jun 2007
This review is from: Rage (Paperback)
I have followed the Delaware/Sturgis books from the start of the series and have started to find that I am enjoying them less and less. The constant brain storming of ideas is getting increasingly tedious and ridiculous. I find it difficult to believe that Milo would have so much time to sit around discussing outlandish possibilites.

This particular book has a storyline that starts promisingly and then seems to go nowhere very slowly. I found it rather boring and the end was unsatisfactory and gave the impression the author didn't know how to finish it.

As far as Robin goes - am I the only person who is sick to death of her and would like her to disappear from the books forever?