Profile for jennybow > Reviews

Enquire Within Upon Everything
Enquire Within Upon Everything
by Anon

5.0 out of 5 stars Enquire within upon everything - yes, really., 5 May 2013
I grew up with this book, it belonged to my Grandmother who enriched my life immeasurably, - I was thrilled with instructions on how to keep leeches between applications, how to make stove blacking and pot pourri, and the incredible array of directions, instructions and guidance on so very many varied, and what seems to us now the strange aspects of life that really hardly exists anymore. Do we need to know how to make a splint for a broken leg out of twigs and straw? Why not.

The Untold Life of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother
The Untold Life of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother
by Lady Colin Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars A book of dreadful characters, so amusingly told, and with relish., 5 May 2013
Every page completely fascinating - C.Cambpbell's sources must be very sound - hilariously toxic, a book I enjoyed to distraction.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2014 7:48 PM GMT

The Lion In Winter [DVD] [1968]
The Lion In Winter [DVD] [1968]
Dvd ~ Peter O'Toole

5.0 out of 5 stars The best playing the best., 5 May 2013
One of the best ever made, calibre, wit, style - a really stunning film about two of the most extaordinary people ever to have lived.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Bye bye bugs., 11 Aug 2012
Will always keep olive leaf extract by me. Viruses, bacteria and other lurking things are very much reduced by this product. I have some underlying problem of inflamation, and this keeps some order and balance for me, as inflamation means infection. Good stuff.