Profile for E. R. Harrison > Reviews

Content by E. R. Harrison

E. R. Harrison (Leatherhead, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Zowie MiCO Gaming Mouse Black
Zowie MiCO Gaming Mouse Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, 1 April 2013
I have been using the zowie mico for about a month now, and it has kept up with a fast DPI. Recommend for all gamers.

Assassin's Creed 3 (Xbox 360)(2CD)
Assassin's Creed 3 (Xbox 360)(2CD)
Offered by 6 Hungry Weasels

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gameplay, Mediocre story, 25 Nov 2012
I have played all the Assassin's creed games before AC3 so I had a lot of expectations for this game as it was in development for a long 3 years (which like any patient fan, I had to wait). So I got this October 31st and was enjoying the new setting, Colonial America, the battles and even naval battles all sounded enticing. But 5-10 hours into the game I started to notice that the characters were lacking the flare they had in AC2, the battles weren't as great as they were made up to be ****SPOILERS*** In one bit you're just running in time with gun shots to the side of the battle, not like the E3 trailer where you're going out to the redcoats, very stylized but enjoyable. However, the gameplay has taken a turn for the better and all the new weapons (unfortunately in my opinion, no hidden gun!) have nice streak kills and countering,breaking defense and killing animations have really been stepped up and feel very satisfying when killing any unit. Most extra side quests and new ideas such as hunting and brawling is alright, but I don't feel like its changed the game to an amazing degree.

Multiplayer feels better this time around. The characters look admirable, the techniques off the characters (equipment, variable killing animations) are also pleasing and the game modes are very entertaining, especially with a co-operative mode which was in my opinion, desperately needed.

In conclusion

Overall story
4/5
Good time setting, enjoyable background and very interesting

Characters
3/5
There are a few good characters and voice actors but not as many as there should be (Roger Craig Smith really was better as Ezio as than Noah watts as Connor)

Gameplay
5/5
Beautiful in every meaning of the word, a great improvement over AC2 and feels more smoother and more sublime in animation wise.

Multiplayer
4/5
very good characters and new ideas, and a better system of buying things (though Erudito credits make it a bit unfair for poorer players)

overall
7/10
very fun gameplay topped of by an improved multiplayer but could have done better on character development and actual "historical event fun" ( actually charging at the British, not sneaking behind, or given the option maybe)

Kolay Flip Case Cover Stand/Screen Protector/Stylus Pen for Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation - Black
Offered by iDELTA UK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great with only one (very small) fault, 25 Nov 2012
I recently bought the new iPod 5th gen realizing I needed someway to protect it and use it as well. I bought this after the very good reviews listed and received it promptly so that's a good start. When I put it into use I saw that all the holes for camera's, microphones etc were right sizes and fit like a glove. Every else was good, including the stylus which works without any major problems but the only problem I could properly find was that the actual holding part of the case is glued on so has the potential to fall off after hard or long use but it's only a minor concern. overall 5/5 for design, 4.5/5 wearing and 5/5 for the extras for a screen overlay, cloth and stylus. A good buy!

Games Workshop  Space Marine Terminator Squad
Games Workshop Space Marine Terminator Squad
Offered by Helter Skelter Toys

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality Miniatures, Extortionate price!, 6 Nov 2012
I have been collecting Game workshop miniatures since I was 10 and up until I was 12 I really enjoyed as they really are good quality items, I've rarely had problems with the pure plastic miniatures such as the terminators. but when you have to pay for them, they really take the cash from your wallet. These models themselves are incredibly expensive (£20 for 5 miniatures 1 and a half inches tall) and factor in all the equipment costs will seriously start taking a lot of money.

Overall I recommend that you never buy the models at the GW shop itself and always Indpendent stockists. But expensive price aside, these models are very well made, and only requiring a plyer to get them off the spruce.

Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360)
Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by WorldCinema

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Solid fun, 6 Nov 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Playing the first Borderlands, Borderlands: Game of the Year - Classics (Xbox 360), I found it a good, promising start to a relatively unknown series at that point, especially Borderlands DLC which retains the games classy and well written comedy. Fast forward 3, long years and we get this, a game which has had time spent on it and a gem in modern gaming for 2012.

I found the Gameplay easy to grasp but at the same time fulfilling for all the great amenities offered in the game compared to the previous.And now with the promise of DLC will only get better with time.

secondly, the story was a lot better than Borderlands 1 as this story has more of a human feel as you are dealing with more than just finding a vault like the last game.
there is a proper enemy, handsome Jack, much more enjoyable and complex as an enemy than the Crimson lance from the last game as I felt they were more of a story plot than a force to be reckoned with.

Finally, Customization. Gearbox has kept all the same things that made the first borderlands original and unique. the enormous, and I mean enormous, variety of guns make this just as ambitious as Borderlands selection and the improved roster of characters really adds a new dimension to the game. Personally I felt that Borderlands 1's Characters were missing something for personality and demeanor, but Borderlands 2's characters make up for this (albeit still talking only in battle and discovery).

In all, Borderlands has done what every sequel should do, it kept all the success' of the first game and added them to create an overall better game.

Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360)
Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Talbot Media

1.0 out of 5 stars Why EA, why....., 17 Mar 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
*SPOILERS*

first of all, let me say I love Mass Effect. I played no.1, loved it. played no.2, that was good, but number 3 I thought was the letdown. not keeping true to the game
style. the end was one giant mess up, a lack of a good ending, Shepard's sad demise and cheap shot of multiplayer.

STORY

let me state that at the end of ME2 I was left wandering (for a good reason). the Reapers had come to wipe out all civilisation and there were so many possibilities.
Could Shepard make a virus to kill all Reapers? would humanity be forced to outer rim planets by Reapers? what happened was general but good ME formula. Have an enemy, find out about them and how to stop them and save the day. Simple, but effective. and it was, for a while. until the last few minutes where the most stupid of all ideas they call endings are created.all three involve the demise of a loved icon, Commander Shepard. I could barely live with his demise but the endings don't serve any justice. controlling the reapers is wrong and pointless, synthesizing involves Shepards death and I don't care about the other ending, I believe it's also crap. I felt that all EA wants is money, not a good game. I'm very disappointed.

MULTIPLAYER

not much to say... other than it's fun for a while, but it isn't memorable and copies a lot from other games. just as disappointing as the ME3 endings.

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (Xbox 360)
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

3.0 out of 5 stars good fun but quite realistic, 28 Aug 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
this was a fun game with a good storyline but its very realistic and sometimes hard. the campaign was great and its story had great ideas.

Duke Nukem Forever (Xbox 360)
Duke Nukem Forever (Xbox 360)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

5.0 out of 5 stars THE KING IS BACK!, 11 Jun 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
i recieved this game on the 10th of june and boy, how much fun it is! it's funny, explosive and very entertaining

BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2 POSTER PRINT 26.5 " X 35.5 " DIGITAL WALL ART
BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2 POSTER PRINT 26.5 " X 35.5 " DIGITAL WALL ART
Offered by NEEDFULTHINGS1TED

5.0 out of 5 stars very appealing!, 9 May 2010
this product is very good and appealing as it is not the same as the other posters in my bedroom.
love it.

Zero Wing (Mega Drive)
Zero Wing (Mega Drive)

5.0 out of 5 stars all your base are belong to us, 2 May 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
all your base are belong to us.
all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us. all your base are belong to us.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2012 7:57 PM GMT