Profile for I. Dale > Reviews

Content by I. Dale

I. Dale (Surrey, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Anker® 2nd Gen Astro E3 10000mAh Portable Power Bank External Battery Charger with PowerIQTM Technology for iPhone 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 3 2, Tab 4 3 2 Pro, Nexus, HTC One, One 2 (M8), Motorola Droid, Moto X, PS Vita, Gopro, and other USB-charged devices
Offered by AnkerDirect

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for 3 months then won't charge, 14 Jun 2014
I used mine for about 12 phone charges over 3 months, left it for 2 months and now it won't charge.

Unreliability olike this seems all-too-common
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2014 1:28 PM BST

E-PRANCE® New Shadow GT550W Car DVR Recorder With Advanced WDR + Tiotech A8 + FULL HD 1080P 30FPS + G-Sensor + Night Vision + Car Plate Stamp + LED Night Vision + Support HDMI/AV Out + SOS
Offered by EPRANCE

4.0 out of 5 stars Far better quality and performance than others I've seen but limited instructions, 25 Feb 2014
I got this for my 2nd car.

It was easy and quick to fit. It produced high quality images and was better value than others I'd looked at. It connected easily to my PC and I found unloading data quick and easy. Five stars for quality and value then, but ...........

............. the instructions were the standard Chinese with minimal English translations and showed buttons that did not match up with my unit. Alas, this is not alone as not having decent instructions is an all-too-common blight for Chinese-produced electronics, but loses this DVR a star.

It took me 15 minutes of hands-on analysis (aka playing around with the buttons and menu screens) to find out how it all worked. If, like me. you first heard the word 'Microsoft' in your thirties, you may get a little stressed and frustrated trying to set it up so I recommend having a computer-savvy youngster at hand.

Leather belt for men and women-Black brown burgundy tan-38mm wide for jeans-made from top quality saddle hide-Solid brass buckle. (36"waist-Belt length 42", Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality no-nonsense belt, great value, 25 Feb 2014
Now I've got one in my hands it's exactly what I wanted. The quality of the leather and of the buckle are really good and far better than belts that I've seen in shops for twice the price and more. The cost was very reasonable at less than half what 'd have had to pay in shops.

Delivery was quick.

I also bought a 50 mm wide one with matching leather for jeans with wider belt loops and I'm delighted with that too.

Wide leather belt-black brown tan oxblood hide-for men and women-2" (50mm) wide-silver buckle. (36"waist-Belt length 42", Black)
Offered by Camdenbeltman

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality no-nonsense belt, great value, 25 Feb 2014
I wanted a no-nonsense jeans belt to replace the one I'd had for years and this fitted the bill.

Delivery was quick.

Yes, it's 50 mm wide, so fits 2/3 of my jeans rather than them all. I got a smaller width belt from this supplier that I use on the other 1/3. This looks far better on the jeans that it does fit than the narrower belt and I'm delighted that I bought the 2 here.

14AWG Wire In-line Car Automotive Mini Blade Fuse Holder Fuseholder 20A
14AWG Wire In-line Car Automotive Mini Blade Fuse Holder Fuseholder 20A
Offered by Trend Mall

1.0 out of 5 stars They send a big one for a regular not a mini blade fuse, 11 Dec 2013
The supplier sent me alternative fuse holders for regular blade fuses not for mini blade fuses. They are larger, have a different profile (square rather than inclined)and are too big for what I want. The supplier has since repeatedly argued that he has not made a mistake claiming that the listing is for a regular blade fuse despite my pointing out:
(a) the title and 'frequently bought with' items clearly show it to be a holder for mini blade fuses
(b) the supplier has a separate listing for standard blade fuse holders in which the price, supplier's part number and manufacturer's reference number are different.
I have therefore suffered aggravation and lost a lot of time.

Red Tails [DVD]
Red Tails [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cuba Gooding Jr.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awfully twee and stereotypical with appaling aerial scenes, 19 Nov 2012
This review is from: Red Tails [DVD] (DVD)
I got this with high hopes only to find it excruciatingly twee and inaccurate. It's so earnestly trying to be nice in its portrayal of the black airman that it's pathetically overdone, like a mother gushing over a new baby, to the extent that it does the WW2 airmen a great disservice. The aerial scenes are so laughably inaccurate that I kept screaming at the screen.
Only get this if you like your films to be sugary sweet and you have no knowledge of WW2 aviation.

Tank Simulator (PC CD)
Tank Simulator (PC CD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 31 Oct 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Like other reviewers, I had the .dll missing messages (on both my pcs, so it's not a pc problem). After much frustration, I finally found and loaded 2 sets of .dll files and got the game working; I wished I hadn't. This game is crude, limited and inflexible - it's like something produced in a school computer project. Avoid - there are cheaper ways of getting a dvd case.

Dremel Hobby VersaTip 6 in 1 Heat Tool
Dremel Hobby VersaTip 6 in 1 Heat Tool

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice bit of kit, frustrating 'gotcha' and instructions, 30 May 2011
I got this to replace a cheaper but smaller gas solder. It has a lovely quality feel and its performance in soldering is great, nicely filling my need to solder car electrics where I don't have a power supply. Five stars for this but it loses 2 stars for the poor instructions and the frustrating 'gotcha' that bit me.
Mine wouldn't light itself and the multi-language instructions were minimal and just about useless. It also wouldn't light by match or cigarette lighter, so I had to use my gas hob or blowtorch for over a week. No response from email to Dremel customer support. In the end I discovered that there is a small metal pin in the body that wasn't touching the metal guard that you screw and unscrew to change tips; when I bent it up a fraction and put the guard back on the tool lit first time every time. Either it came like this or in checking the fit of the components I may have fitted the guard without a tool, thus allowing the guard to screw in a further mm and bend the pin without leaving any sign (it is a very short pin and there was no sign of bending before or after my rectification). So, if yours doesn't light then you know where to go first......

Motorcycle...H4 Hi-Lo Beam HID Headlamp Conversion Kit 6000K Advanced Model
Motorcycle...H4 Hi-Lo Beam HID Headlamp Conversion Kit 6000K Advanced Model

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the first comment - legal and great value, 29 April 2011
This is my 2nd motorcycle hid kit and better than the first (the bulb failed and I cannot get a replacement) - easy to fit & works well. The price is great value and includes a 1 year guarantee.
The first review is wrong - this is for a motorcycle where the law is different to cars (where I'd wholeheartedly support his comments, but not here). i have a Dept of transport letter confirming that motorcycle lights are not subject to the laws and approvals for cars and only have to meet the requirements not to dazzle other road users. They have always passed my MOTs.
I'd recommend all motorbikes to have these retrofitted because the dipped beam really helps with seeing the side of the road when the lights of oncoming traffic dazzle and they make you more visible during daylight. After fitting one, car drivers seem to treat me with more respect and the number of dangerous incidents has reduced noticeably, particularly SMIDSYs. In 3 years use I have never been flashed by anyone at night, so I am confident that, at least on my bikes (Triumph TT600, ZZR600, VFR400), they do not dazzle other road users.
Top tip: don't believe any hid bulb life figures for bikes as they die quickly (typically 18 mths - 2 yrs)on bikes unless you switch the light off before starting the engine due to the relatively large voltage drop on cranking, and even then extra vibration takes its toll.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2011 7:21 PM GMT

Men!: Forget the fiction! Where are the interesting and available men?
Men!: Forget the fiction! Where are the interesting and available men?
by Isabel Losada

1.0 out of 5 stars please don't read this book, it only encourages selfish behaviour., 7 Jun 2010
I'm a man and read this after reading Battersea.....I thought it might help me understand how modern women think - forewarned is forearmed.
I found it a great laugh, but not for the reasons stated in most of these reviews.
If all good-looking successful women think like Isabel then no wonder they're still single. Women with a 'Me, Me, My way, my way' attitude (while I'm thinking of it, add in a 'my way where women can claim priority (eg kids), equality for the rest' and 'if you're not a real man when I want and a New Man for the rest then you're inadequate') will enjoy this book and take solace that there are other women who live alone like them.
Patronising and ridiculing men for not living up to an impossible shopping list of features isn't good for anyone.
As I care about the human race and want our best to pass their genes on, please don't read this book, it only encourages selfish behaviour.
A Smith - it looks as if you're not alone any more.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2011 8:58 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2