Profile for Ruskiboy > Reviews

Skyline [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Eric Balfour
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 12 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Skyline [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Like many others I had heard bad reviews of this movie prior to seeing it myself. Well all I can say is that I'm glad I took the time to give it a go!

Personally I thought it had a different angle from most of the other alien movies that have been released over the last few years. Fantastic SFX and very convincing aliens (not your usual stereotypical ones you become familiar with). The cliff hanger ending which I never saw coming left me waiting for more which will come in the pending sequel which is already being written. Really looking forward to this and in the meantime will make the effort to purchase the first film on blu-ray to enjoy in even better detail.

Ok so the acting was not the best but this was done on a very small budget and you can't expect miracles. Also I thought the movie could have done with another half hour as the ending seemed slightly rushed. It's not often that I want a movie to be longer but in this case I would have sat through so much more of the action and thrills this movie provided.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2011 12:27 PM GMT