Profile for Victoria > Reviews

Jurassic World Dinosaurs Tattoo Pack
Jurassic World Dinosaurs Tattoo Pack
Offered by Funky Gifts

3.0 out of 5 stars A little overpriced, 2 Dec. 2015
Bought as a stocking filler. They didn't cost a huge amount of money but I still feel they are a little overpriced for what they are. It's a small packet with 8 tattoos in it. 4 slightly larger and 4 smaller ones.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Clear Acrylic 24 Lipstick Holder Display Stand Cosmetic Organizer Makeup Case
Clear Acrylic 24 Lipstick Holder Display Stand Cosmetic Organizer Makeup Case
Offered by imixcity

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., 15 Dec. 2014
Very cheap but took about a month to come through. When it eventually arrived it was broken (a piece cracked and fell off) in one corner and seemed very sharp/brittle. Needs to be packaged better. If it wasn't broken it would have been 3*'s.

Veet Face Hair Removal Kit Sensitive Skin,  2 x, 50ml
Veet Face Hair Removal Kit Sensitive Skin, 2 x, 50ml
Offered by Direct Pharmacy

1.0 out of 5 stars 0 stars! Never buy this!, 9 April 2014
If I could give this 0 starts I would. I bought this not from amazon but from a very well known super market. I trusted the well known very brand and had added confidence in it because it said for sensitive skin. I never react to anything, I dont have particularly sensitive skin at all. I used this and my face was burning. I washed off as it said but the burning didn't subside. I ended up having to call the NHS line not knowing what to do. It is now the day after and I have a red rash all over my lip which is still burning and is extremely embarrassing! Horrendous!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2015 8:41 PM GMT

My Carry Potty Blue
My Carry Potty Blue
Offered by Direct 4 Baby

3.0 out of 5 stars A good idea...for girls NOT BOYS, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: My Carry Potty Blue (Baby Product)
I bought this before potty training my son when he was two years old. He just about fit on it when i bought it but i thought if he can point his penis down when he starts potty training it will be fine. My son is not a big boy, he is now three (only just) and is in size 2-3 rather than 3-4. He cannot sit on the potty comfortably with room to actually wee In it. He wee's straight over the front. He knows how to point his penis down but this makes no difference. He finds it very uncomfortable to sit on and refuses to wee on it anymore.

I think it's brilliant you can shut the wee in and dispose of it in a suitable place. And my nieces both love it. Their mums find them very helpful. If it had been slightly bigger it would have been fine for him.

One thing I will say is between the 4 of these potty a my son and his cousins have had in total, the handle has broken on 2 of them.

I have now purchased a potette plus potty for my son which he can fit on.

Dinosaur Shaped Sandwich Cutter
Dinosaur Shaped Sandwich Cutter
Offered by u10sils

4.0 out of 5 stars Dinosaur Shaped Sandwich Cutter, 7 Feb. 2013
This cutter fits nicely onto a piece of bread from most brands. My little boy loves eating "dino toast". It works for toast and bread. I also made shortbread and used this to cut it into fun shapes for my son. He loved his dinosaur biscuits. I would have liked to know if it was bpa free or not though. Its been in the dishwasher and shows not signs of weakness.

The only reason it has 4* and not 5* is because i dont know if its bpa free or not which i feel is quite important.

Simba Smoby Simba Dickie Supermarket
Simba Smoby Simba Dickie Supermarket

1.0 out of 5 stars Parts Missising, 6 Feb. 2013
I cant really write a proper review of this item as when it arrived (late i might add) lots of the parts were missing. The shelves for the food were misisng, as was lots of the little plastic parts that had been snapped off and some of the food was also gone. The trolly seemed as though it would have been nice and the stickers we lovely too, although screwed up. I would suggest anyone actually ordering this leave some time to put it up because it does come in alot of pieces and the instructions aren't particularly helpful.

I ordered this item to arrive on 4th feb, MY SONS BIRTHDAY WAS ON THE 5TH. i have amazon prime so expected it to arrive on time and i wouldnt have a giant package he could find in my house very long. I contacted amazon at 5.30pm on the 4th to find out where it was. i was told it would arrive and to be patient. I contacted amazon at 8.15 and they said it wasnt coming tonight. I told them it was my sons birthday they next day and they said that the package would ariive "early hours" and "before afternoon". i was also told the delivery people themselves would email me with an update in 2-3 hours. I never recieved an update from the delivery people. When it reached 3.15pm the next day (MY SONS BIRTHDAY) i contacted them again. I was told "i suggest you just wait some time" They were told this was my sons main present and that we were supposed to go out on his birthday the day before He then suggested "if it doesnt come by the 7th contact us again". They did absolutely nothing to help and came out with ridiculous solutions such as wait until the 7th, we can refund it now (what use is that whe he has very little other presents, the shops are shut, and his birthday is the next day). We waited in all day for his present. He was extremely excited to see it and then was very disappointed when it had to go back in the box because loads of the parts were missing.

sorry for the rant, but i needed to tell somebody about what disgusting service i recieved.

Thermos Foogo Phases 123 Tritan 320 ml Straw Bottle, Blue
Thermos Foogo Phases 123 Tritan 320 ml Straw Bottle, Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Thermos Tritan Bottle, 1 Feb. 2013
Its very hard wearing, no scratching or discolouration to the plastic as of yet. Its bpa free. Its also dishwasher safe. Its a wonderful alternative to the thermos foogo metal cups as although these cups are expensive, the metal ones are twice the price. I have one of each and the metal is best for taking out and about for a long day but these are brilliant for quick trips out, cool days out or in the house.

The straw is sadly not quite so high quality which is why i have give 4* instead of 5. The straw has discoloured in the dishwasher. also my child has found it quite easy to chew. This could happen with any cup and his is 2 so possibly finds it easier to chew than younger children. Also it does seem to sometimes not fit exactly with the plastic part of the lid anymore. This problem didnt happen for months but recently sometimes when i twist the lid on the straw seems to twist with it creating a gap and some leakage.I was wondering if this if because it goes in the dishwasher on a high temperature. Concidering the price of the bottle not great but im looking into whether or not replacement straws are available from thermos (not amazon as these are almost as much as the cup). I will update review when i get this information.

Munchkin Toddler Plates (Pack of 3)
Munchkin Toddler Plates (Pack of 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Munchkin toddler plates, 22 Jan. 2013
A nice size for a toddler. Between a side plate and a smal dinner plate. Very nice bright colours. Orange purple and green. Most important point I think is that they are bpa free which it doesn't actually say on the description but it does on the very nice packaging it came in. They have a rubber grip on the base to stop them slidding all over the place too. Also dishwasher but not microwave safe. Overall brilliant product only reason i havent given 5* is because they cant go in the microwave.

Noisy Touchy-feely Santa (Usborne Touchy-Feely Books)
Noisy Touchy-feely Santa (Usborne Touchy-Feely Books)
by Sam Taplin

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, not very durable, 20 Nov. 2012
I ordered this book the first time and it arrived broken. There was a large dent in the packaging so i contacted amazon and they quickly sent me a replacement. This one arrived in one piece and i was quite happy with this book for my son (almost 2 at the time). it has lovely sounds and the story is quite short so not too much for him. i left him to play with the bookand when i looked over at him the second book had been punctured in the top santa button. not very durable seeing as he had it for approx 10 minutes and the other arrived broken.

Sony RDPM5IP Speaker Dock for iPod - White
Sony RDPM5IP Speaker Dock for iPod - White

3.0 out of 5 stars Sony iPod Dock, 20 Nov. 2012
This product has very good sound quality for the price(fourty pounds at the time) in my opinion and goes very loud without sounding "fuzzy". I also like that you can add batteries and take it with you. The batteries last quite a while too considering these things normally drain the batteries in 5 minutes. I used it may times in the shower, getting ready to go out and in the kitchen unplugged before i needed to change the batteries. Not to mention it became my main iphone charger. However i will say, although it does give you the different inserts to fit different versions of ipod and iphone, it does take quite some wiggling about each time before it actually being in there properly, which really does become rather annoying. Apart from that however very happy. I had a iphone 3gs at the time of using this dock.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4