Profile for Mr. Rw Stringer > Reviews

Content by Mr. Rw Stringer

Mr. Rw Stringer (UK)

Sea Change (Blu-Ray Audio)
Sea Change (Blu-Ray Audio)
Price: 19.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Take a trip, 12 Jan 2014
This disc is somewhat amazing in places. I felt like I was surrounded by sounds whilst spinning on the spot. It draws you in and never lets go. You won't be disappointed.

Mega Movies
Mega Movies
Price: 17.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Mega Movies (Audio CD)
Just wanted to say that this SACD is a very nice addition to my collection. I like the punchy bass, the clear distinct instruments and the force in which it is delivered. Overall a very good buy and I'm so happy to have it in my collection.

Inov8 Sony NP-BD1 Replacement Lithium Digital Camera Battery 600mAh 3.7v Li-ion 2 year warranty
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Battery might be responsible for a quivering effect, 25 Dec 2011
It might be my camera but it seems a bit of a coincidence that after using 2 of these batteries for a week or so that my camera started to show signs of quivering. When my camera boots up its touch screen you feel a rumble which disengages after half a second and then the screen comes up. However, after a week or so of usage of this battery the camera constantly rumbled and the screen had flickering all over the place. I put my old Sony battery back in and the quivering went away (not straight away but over a period of minutes it did). I have used these new batteries since with no effect (quivering doesn't happen anymore). The batteries themselves are good workers, they give you quite good durations without needing recharge. The problem is at what cost? In the gaming world I never use 3rd party gear so I'm surprised I opted for this battery considering the other reviews. I'm upgrading camera soon just to be safe. I'll use this camera as a spare. My replacement camera is going to be the NEX7 which doesn't use this battery type. This battery type is for a casual user (in the camera world). If you want to make long videos in HD then try a camera/camcorder that has a bigger/better battery type than this one. This battery type gives approx 20 minutes of solid HD recording on my DSC-T500. Which I find pitiful really considering what I use it for. I've given 3 stars based on its performance. Dropped 2 stars because of the quirky side effects that may have been caused by the battery. Although I cannot guarantee the battery is at fault.

Life [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Life [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ David Attenborough
Price: 12.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Bugged?, 2 Feb 2010
Watched this with my UK PS3. About 10-15 minutes into disc 1 and 2 the audio codec dropped and the picture went into slow motion. Its not supposed to be like this. Pressing triangle I noticed the music note was greyed out. I could only get things back to normal by fast forwarding and rewinding and pressing play again.

Perhaps its a PS3 firmware issue, maybe my PS3 is on its way out. However, to date no problems have been encountered on any other disc I have (over 200 discs).

Its unlikely the BBC will use 1080/24 for any wildlife material because thats usually affiliated with film. You can't take a film camera under water. Chances are PE was filmed in 1080i and upscaled to 1080/24. Life however is in its native form. Its quite clear LIFE was using new techniques such as slow motion, this can only be done in the digital domain, another reason its 1080i.

The content is fantastic. I can't argue with anything on the discs apart from the fact that some content is repeated across the 4 different discs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2010 4:32 PM GMT

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy [Blu-ray]
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Elijah Wood
Price: 20.61

1.0 out of 5 stars Marketting hype and all that, 15 Jan 2010
Blu ray is hyped up to be the BEST. So it should be that all releases are the BEST they can be.

Warner, you've done some nice things over the past 2 years and some really crappy things as well. Give the public what they want first time around. Your supposed to put a bigger effort to get the best product out there.