Profile for Bean Cosnochta > Reviews

Spode Christmas Tree Tea for One
Offered by Vanilla Sugar
Price: 28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely item, 30 Aug 2013
This purchase was a present for my mother-in-law who likes it enough to have visible in her kitchen throughout the year.

You Are What You Wear: What Your Clothes Reveal About You
You Are What You Wear: What Your Clothes Reveal About You
by Jennifer J. Baumgartner
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting work, 30 Aug 2013
The subtitle to this book had me thinking that it was going to be something along the lines of one of Trinny and Susannah's books (and I like them) so I was concerned that the author was going head-to-head with T&S. However, Ms Baumgartner goes behind the reasoning for people's choices with clothes and other items. It was interesting to see a positive review from Dr Robin Zasio because I thought that this book was almost like something she or Randy Frost & Gail Steketee might write. What I liked about it was that JB didn't insult the people whose cases she mentioned and instead worked to help them get to the bottom of why they made their various choices eg dressing too old/young and so on. The fact that there were no pictures in this book, I felt, did not take from the book's message.

Canon EOS 1100D Digital SLR Camera (With 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 DC III Lens Kit)
Canon EOS 1100D Digital SLR Camera (With 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 DC III Lens Kit)
Price: 299.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to use, 30 Aug 2013
I got this as a Christmas present. So far I've used this mostly to take photos of family and friends and it has been very easy to use and I haven't had to recharge the battery yet. The pictures by and large are very clear and crisp. My only problem is making sure that I don't fill up the SD card! A nice camera to use, a great purchase so far.

FAB4BABYSTARS, Dreamy Blue, Wet Bag, Nappy Bag, Storage Bag for Toys, WITH INNER WATERPROOF PUL MATERIAL, Stretchy Material with Zip, Handle for hanging up
Offered by Fab4Babystars
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty bag - mum to be loved it, 26 July 2013
I got this for my sister who's due to have her first child soon. I don't know yet how it will work for her but so far it looks sturdy and might be used for her own clothes after a day at the beach. Thank you, Fab4Babystars for sending it so swiftly and gift wrapping it beautifully.

Clutter Busting Your Life: Clearing Physical and Emotional Clutter to Reconnect with Yourself and Others
by Brooks Palmer
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting continuation from previous book, 21 July 2013
When I first got this I wasn't sure whether I would like it as I thought it would be a repeat of Brooks Palmer's first book but I'm happy to say it wasn't. Certainly there are plenty of clutter clearing stories but Brooks goes behind the clutter as it were to the things fuelling it, like the person who held on to a table they really hated but felt that they couldn't get rid of because they got it from their mother, despite the fact that they didn't like the mother either! Definite proof that one could have a really clean and tidy home but still feel stuck because one's head is full of unresolved arguments. I read both books but I think this could be read either as a continuation to the original Clutter Busting book or on its own.

Feng Shui at Work: Arranging Your Workspace for Peak Performance and Maximum Profit
by Kirsten M. Lagatree

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting, thought provoking book, 21 July 2013
This book deals with the various areas mentioned in other feng shui related books but I noticed that the author divides them into an octagon modelled on directions found in a compass e.g. north, northwest, northeast and so on rather than a grid. When I saw her tips about making one's workspace better for a more productive working day my heart sank because when I sit at my desk I have my back to the door into the office. However, according to Ms Lagatree I can remedy this with a mirror so I will get a mirror of some description to deflect the bad energy. I'm also going to try out her other tips once I can work out the various compass points in relation to my desk.

Rosewood Soft Protection Salon Grooming Slicker Brush Medium
Rosewood Soft Protection Salon Grooming Slicker Brush Medium
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with this product, 24 Mar 2013
When I ordered this product I expected it to go the same way as a (human) baby's brush I got for my previous cat, hate at first sight. Thankfully my present cat was agreeable to having me try the slicker brush and I got mats out of her coat within an hour - I thought I was going to have to get someone to hold her. Best of all she doesn't mind it and we're still friends! Thank you Rosewood Pet Products.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Black
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Black
Price: 59.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant item - one of the best presents I've received to date, 15 Dec 2012
My husband got me a grey or graphite Kindle for Christmas last year. At first I thought it would have its limitations and wouldn't live up to expectations but I'm happy to say that I find it great. I wouldn't recommend it for books like cookbooks or ones with diagrams but it comes into its own on holidays or in my case my daily commute to work. On our last holiday, hubby passed several happy hours reading various holiday reads. The adjustable font is great as certain fonts can be demanding on even the sharpest of eyes. The bookmark function (facility) is great too as I used to wonder how one would remember the last page read. The wallpaper type pictures still bring a smile to my face, like the pencil ends and the pens. I still enjoy reading print books but the Kindle has led me to read works from authors who I hadn't previously heard of and Kindle singles are a great idea as sometimes the material in them might not lend itself to a larger novel or full book. Hopefully being able to publish work as Kindle singles will give the authors a boost towards publishing longer works. Well done Amazon and thank you.

Corgi VA10407 Vanguards Hillman Avenger - Garda, Mallow District Patrol Car 1:43 Scale Die Cast Car

5.0 out of 5 stars Great car - brings back a few memories, 15 Dec 2012
I got this model car for my brother-in-law because he collects model cars, including police cars. Garda cars now are white with the yellow and blue check bands on them but I can remember when white patrol cars were only just coming into use. I don't remember Hillman Avengers in use in my area but I can remember blue Ford Sierras though! A lovely car and great to find model Irish police cars. A big thank you to the people at Corgi!

The Hoarder in You: How to Live a Happier, Healthier, Uncluttered Life
The Hoarder in You: How to Live a Happier, Healthier, Uncluttered Life
by Robin Zasio
Price: 14.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - author shows great insight and patience, 2 Dec 2012
I bought this after buying The Secret Lives of Hoarders and having seen the (US) Hoarders programme on TV. In both the TV programme and in this book I admired Dr Zasio's great patience with the person whose house caused not only chaos in their lives but also their family members' lives and even their neighbours' lives. There's a piece in it (I think it's in her website too) where she mentions about putting off clearing out a drawer of old make up in her own home so Dr Z isn't immune to the things that can multiply and take over a person's life for the worst! Her book doesn't just deal with the extreme cases seen in the television programmes and she mentions how different people can be at different stages of the hoarding continuum or scale. It may not help you solve any problems or difficulties you have with too much stuff but it may get you thinking and more importantly doing things to bring order into your life.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6