ARRAY(0xa712c660)

Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test--Pack of 20 Sticks
Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test--Pack of 20 Sticks
Price: 33.53

4.0 out of 5 stars great except for price, 27 Feb 2014
For those who are trying to conceive, this is a great product. It takes all the ambiguity out of ovulation test results. My only quibble is that they are far too over priced for what they are, taking research and production costs into consideration. Clearblue are making a killing on the price, which is kind of unethical in my view, considering that the people who are buying these (including myself) are having to pay whatever they ask because of desperation to get pregnant. There is something not too nice about taking advantage of people in vulnerable positions. Ovulation sticks are not cutting edge technology so they haven't had to pour millions into research to develop the product. That's my long winded way of saying they do a good job but are way overpriced. I do recommend them :-)

The Frisbies in the South Seas
The Frisbies in the South Seas
by Johnny Frisbie

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommended, 26 Dec 2013
Excellent, well written book. Would definitely recommend it. Not exactly an inspiring front cover - should definitely change that but a great read.

Playmobil 4164 Advent Calendar Pirates Treasure Cove
Playmobil 4164 Advent Calendar Pirates Treasure Cove
Price: 17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 22 Dec 2013
My son is 4 and I thought this would help the days pass. It has been wonderful. Every day he wakes up excited and races out of the bedroom to open the next window. All the pieces that make up this Pirate scene are good quality and well made. The palm tree, the people, the boat are particularly good. I have only a few small niggles:
1. The scenery comes with comes with just diagram instructions and you think it's going to be easy but the instructions are not very well drawn and so it can be quite difficult to follow what piece should fit in where.
2. The scenery is made of very flimsy cardboard and it was quite tough to make it last the full 24/25 days
3. A lot of the windows contained very fiddly teeny tiny pieces that did not impress him. They are relating to the scene but there are just far too many of them. It would have worked better with bigger items. This would push up the price but to be honest that would be better - I seem to be spending most of my time every day looking round the floor trying to find impossibly small items from this set that have disappeared.
That all being said, we are enjoying this calendar.

Miss Marple's Final Cases (Miss Marple)
Miss Marple's Final Cases (Miss Marple)
by Agatha Christie
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 Dec 2013
A lovely book. I'm only sorry that these are the final cases and that there aren't as many Miss Marple books as there are Poirot books!

A Murder is Announced (Miss Marple)
A Murder is Announced (Miss Marple)
by Agatha Christie
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 Dec 2013
What can I say. Agatha Christie does not really need any recommendation. Her reputation goes before her and the Miss Marple Stories. Wonderful book.

Medieval and Renaissance Music for Recorder - Bancalari
Medieval and Renaissance Music for Recorder - Bancalari
by Robert Bancalari
Price: 7.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Arrived Damaged, 22 Dec 2013
I was very disappointed. The book is printed on very thin paper i.e. low gsm. The music business is having problems competing with the availability of sheet music online for download free. The quality of the paper in this music book is not helping. My printer paper is better quality. The book arrived bent and so, damaged. As the box it arrived in was robust enough to protect it (it arrived with bigger items that I'd ordered), I can only presume that it got damaged in the place it was being stored and they put it in anyway. Not impressed. This was a present and cannot be given now. The music itself is obviously fine but I wouldn't recommend buying this version.

Piggies
Piggies
by Audrey Wood
Edition: Board book
Price: 3.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pics, 27 Aug 2013
This review is from: Piggies (Board book)
Great pictures. No story but there's so much detail in the pictures to look at that it kind of makes up for it. Good for encouraging your child to observe and describe what's going on.

Crocs  Baya Lined Sea Blue/Oatmeal Mules And Clogs Sandal 11745-439-115 9  8/9 Child UK
Crocs Baya Lined Sea Blue/Oatmeal Mules And Clogs Sandal 11745-439-115 9 8/9 Child UK
Price: 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, 26 May 2013
These are great crocs. I bought them for my 3 year old as he kept wanting to wear Crocs in the middle of Winter so these were great as the lining keeps his feet warm. He loves them.

Hairy Maclary's Bone (Hairy Maclary and Friends)
Hairy Maclary's Bone (Hairy Maclary and Friends)
by Lynley Dodd
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 26 May 2013
My three year old was thrilled with this book and asked me to read it to him every night for two weeks! :-). We have a huge number of children's books but this is definitely one of his favourites. Lovely to read. Lyley Dodd is very reliable for good children's books and we have bought many of them. Highly recommend.

Guess How Much I Love You in the Spring
Guess How Much I Love You in the Spring
by Sam McBratney
Edition: Board book
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 May 2013
These are fabulous books as everyone knows. They have beautiful illustrations with a gentle, thought-provoking narrative for little children. The "Guess How Much I Love You" seasons books have been great for reading to my three year old son who is just this year, starting to notice things like the seasons. We have been buying the corresponding book each time a new season starts. This book is a lovely size and a pleasure to read for both adult and child. I highly recommend all the books in this series without hesitation.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4