Profile for Squirrel > Reviews

Squirrel

Four New Words for Love
Four New Words for Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, colourful characters, 10 Jan. 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is beautifully written and it had me hooked from the first page! Quick witted, gritty, raw and emotional all at the same time. I especially liked Lolly, a larger than life, colourful character - her hardness and softness very well captured. The book begins in Glasgow and moves to London, leaving the reader to wonder how these two story lines / locations are going to meet. Well worth reading!

The Silver Linings Playbook
The Silver Linings Playbook

5.0 out of 5 stars very enjoyable read, sometimes you dont see whats in front of you, 21 July 2013
Serious, entertaining story of real life relationships. No-one is perfect. Loved how the characters developed. Felt like I knew them. Sadly the film was a let down after reading the book, however if watched in isolation would no doubt be enjoyable.

Gangsta Granny
Gangsta Granny
by David Walliams

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as Jewels, 18 May 2012
This review is from: Gangsta Granny (Hardcover)
My niece is 9 years old - this is her review.....It was a very very good book. It was a little sad at the end but I still enjoyed it. I would recommend it for younger readers because it is funny and it made me laugh.

Dustbin Baby
Dustbin Baby
by Jacqueline Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Dustbin Baby is NOT rubbish!!!, 18 May 2012
This review is from: Dustbin Baby (Paperback)
My daugher is 8 years old - here is her review....I thought that this book was quite grown up. I really liked it because it was kind of like a Tracey Beaker story - fun, mysterious and difficult problems.

Ravensburger Disney Princess Giant Card Game
Ravensburger Disney Princess Giant Card Game
Offered by Almost Abstract

2.0 out of 5 stars Giant!!!, 21 Dec. 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
Giant Card Game....I don't think so! If i'd seen these in a shop, i'd have paid £1 for them...no more. Not value for money as far as I'm concerned and it would just cost me more to return them. In saying that, I'm sure my little princess will love them simply cause they have princesses. Very disappointing.