Profile for Mr. P. M. Plumridge > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. M. Plum...

Mr. P. M. Plumridge (Far North UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
HP Compaq CQ2924EA Desktop PC (Intel Pentium G645T Processor 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Intel HD Graphics, DVD-RAM, Windows 8)
Offered by eurosale-net

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat little machine, 10 Oct 2013
Unlike another reviewer mine came complete with keyboard and mouse which are good enough to use as one would expect from HP/Compaq. Neat looking computer although a bit bigger than I expected. But despite the size there are no additional slots to upgrade anything so other than increasing memory the machine you get is the machine you use. That said this will suit most people anyway and I guess it helps to keep the price down.

One thing I am unhappy about is that there is no recovery disc supplied so if anything goes seriously wrong you have to use the recovery partition which at the moment I do not know how to do. Something I will try learning quite soon.

Windows 8 is new to me but I am rapidly learning how to do the basics. That said the first time I wanted to turn the computer off I had to use the instruction book. Not at the moment using a touch screen simply because I have a perfectly good monitor but it is easy enough to work with a mouse.

All things considered I am happy with my purchase.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 18, 2013 3:52 PM BST

Morphy Richards 48615 Intellichef Multicooker 5 Litres 1.5 KW - White
Morphy Richards 48615 Intellichef Multicooker 5 Litres 1.5 KW - White
Offered by Hughes Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and to clean., 10 Oct 2013
The only bit of advice I would give is to use this in a well ventilated space. Heat easy to control and the bowl has a large capacity.

Trexus Intro Managers Armchair High Back 670mm Seat W520xD470xH440-540mm Burgundy
Offered by Ideal Office Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to assemble, 10 Oct 2013
I assembled this single handed but to be honest two people would make life a bit easier. Initial thoughts are that it is comfortable and well made considering the price.

Croydex Solid Wood Toilet Seat, Mahogany
Croydex Solid Wood Toilet Seat, Mahogany

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm seat!, 8 Oct 2013
Bought this to replace a plastic seat that kept coming loose and I find this seat is less prone to that problem. But what I noticed right away was how much warmer it was to use. Ideal with winter coming on.

Camra's Good Beer Guide 2014
Camra's Good Beer Guide 2014
by Roger Protz

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Beer Book in the World, 8 Oct 2013
This is undoubtedly the best beer book in the world. Well until the 2015 edition comes out. Lists some of the best pubs for real ale in the UK in detail covering food, opening hours, type of pub and facilities as well as beers sold. Also lists all real ale breweries in the UK and the beers they produce complete with tasting notes when these are available.

The pub information is supplied by local CAMRA groups throughout the country and of course they are only human so your favourite pub may not be in there. Also the book lasts for a year and pubs can change in that time so it is never perfect but what guide is?.

trains of yesteryear
trains of yesteryear
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Not at all good., 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: trains of yesteryear (DVD)
Almost an hour of random footage with no commentary. Instead there is a poor quality music soundtrack. I am just about to throw out my copy as I do not even want to give it to a charity shop. Yes it is that bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice price, feel great., 10 July 2013
What is happening to footwear or is it my feet?. Used to wear size 11, then decided 12 was better and now I am up to size 13. Maybe these are small for their size but the feel great on my supposed size 12 feet. Have not tried the sole in slippery conditions but I am sure it will be great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice to use, 10 July 2013
Feels nice to use and whatever the surface is it glides across my clothes smoothly. I am happy with it and it also looks good.

Lloytron L961BK Flexi Desk Lamp, Black
Lloytron L961BK Flexi Desk Lamp, Black
Offered by SJD Spares

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the job., 3 July 2013
Anyone buying this needs to read the description to make sure they order the right size bulb. It is small and will not give too bright a light even with a low energy bulb. Black colour looks rather smart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 3 July 2013
Bought because it was cheap but it certainly does the job holding my 10" netbook. Well I like it anyway.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6