Profile for Mr. R. J. Unwin > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. J. Unwin

Mr. R. J. Unwin "robman46" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Death Proof (Two-Disc Edition) [DVD]
Death Proof (Two-Disc Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kurt Russell
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars It's still a masterpiece, 21 Jan. 2008
It just shows even though 7/10 of the film is just talking, and the talking is nothing to do with the plot but it's still great viewing. I was entertained all the way through, it was hysterical at moments and shocking too.
The stunt scenes were fantastic, and no CGI, which is really the point of the film. It could be looked at two films in one really, as the second hour is a whole new story and different charchters.
Forget the harsh reviews, just rent it one afternoon, and you will love it

Jackass: Number Two Uncut [DVD] [2006]
Jackass: Number Two Uncut [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Jeff Tremaine
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars You know it's gonna be great, 12 Jan. 2007
If you love Jackass, you will love this! I just saw it on R1 DVD today and thought it was fantastic. It includes the best sketch ever invovling a trick on one of the cast when a gun gets pointed at him and gets locked up in a back of car with the rest of crew shouting 'IT'S A TV SHOW' to the guy with the gun, but it was all set up. The cast appear more 'mature' if you know what I mean, which is a good thing because bam margera I thought used to be a prat, but now I like him. By mature I mean their not doing it to mess about but doing it for entertainment for us and making it more porfessinal.

This time they spend a lot of time in India, with more snakes and using more bulls and lot of pranking on eachother than the public.

It's lot more gayier than the orignal which makes it more funny ie. chris getting a 'hard on' in front of the guys.

They spend less time doing action stunts which I think makes it a lot better.

Really it is a huge improvment from the orignal such as more of weeman, no party boy, not afraid of being hit by a bull, less skate tricks, and for once bam margera being in the most pain and having more pranks on him, rather him doing the pranks.

It's all here, Knoxville's famous laugh, bam's parents in brillent sketches, the cast close to death and pure comedy

Once again the DVD provides loads of un-used scenes and a funny commentary from the cast.

The film seemed more porfessinal and tweked most of the problems with the orignal which leaves us just wanting more again...

American Pie Presents: the Naked Mile [DVD]
American Pie Presents: the Naked Mile [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Talley

4.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly Good, 20 Dec. 2006
After a pretty average 'Band Camp' we thought it was all over for american pie, however the 'naked mile' is very funny, lot more nudity, sicker, and a lot of likeble funny charchters.

The film involves a new Stifler going to run at the naked mile still being a virgin, and visting another funny Stifler.

It has some very funny scenes and not as whimpish as 'Band Camp if you know what I mean. Jim's dad is back as usual and revels how he knows so much about sex.

It is really good, not fully up to standards as the orignals, but a hell lot better than 'band camp'

Loco Roco (PSP)
Loco Roco (PSP)

5.0 out of 5 stars This game is not for kids!, 6 Jun. 2006
This review is from: Loco Roco (PSP) (Video Game)
I have also played the demo, and at first I assumed it was a bad 4 year old game, totally wrong! It's so funny and sweet, your basically this little yellow blob that never stops singing (Wait there's more!), and whats the twist? You have to collect more yellow blobs to become one massive yellow blob! The thing about about the game thats difficult, and the main part is that you can't move the blob, you can only make it jump upwards, so to move the blob you have to move the screen around, so the blob can slip and slide everywhere, get it?

In conclusion, this is just a fun little game to play when your bored, it's not frustrating in anyway, it's just good fun. I don't know if there's anymore to this game than this, becuase I've only played a demo. But I promise that you will like it

King Kong [DVD]  [2005] (2 Disc Special Edition)
King Kong [DVD] [2005] (2 Disc Special Edition)
Dvd ~ Naomi Watts
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars I hated lord of the rings, but this film rocks!, 18 April 2006
Peter Jackson, never thought much of him, just becuase of the boring Lord of the rings. But then came king kong...!

This film is nothing like lord of the rings, Peter Jackson has so much talent, why did he waste he's time on L.O.R. (Sorry I keep going on about it, but i really hate). Apart from Titianic, this is longest film I have enjoyed! This film also showed Jack Black's true acting skills (not just comedys). It really does have some great special effects aswell.

So I didn't say much about the actuall film, but I can't say much more than great, and if you want a little info: This film had funny parts aswell)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2008 6:03 PM GMT

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend (PS2)
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend (PS2)
Offered by Click For Games UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Now that's better!, 9 April 2006
After the shamleful 'angle of darkness' it seemed liked the end of Tomb raider, but she's back, better than ever! So many poles, ropes, walls ext to jump, climb, swing and hang on, she seemed more like spider-man rather than a tomb raider.
Unlike the other games though, where you needed to find certurn objects over vast areas, this game is nothing like that. The only puzzels in this game are when you enter a certurn room, and have to try to work a way out. In some ways this is better, because you don't get as frustrated as much because you don't have to look everywhere to work out puzzle, but in someways this is worse becuase these puzzles are a lot eaiser and doesn't take as long.
The combat in this game is very good, aswell as shooting (not really much to say on this topic, apart from good)
I really enjoyed riding on the motorbike, it's really enjoyable, great controls, and you can do some great stunts!
Your not as much involved with the story, witch is a lot better, becuase most of the time you don't care about the story and just wanna be lara!
There many different types of outfits (I know she's a computer game, but god she is sexy!) and locations to vist, which is great. And don't worry! Not just set in tombs, you still can vist the city, and dodge lasers ext...
Once again Laura's masion keeps getting bigger and keeps changing! (I found the hardest puzzles in the masion rather than the actual game).
The only real downside about this game is that it is much easier than the orignals, and you can complete it much quicker. Also I found that they haven't improved on thier bosses, which are still very boring and frustrating (Maybe they should learn from the bosses in metal gear solid!)
Apart from that, this girl can really kick ass! She's back and better than ever! You will not be dissapointed!

The Godfather (PS2)
The Godfather (PS2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest game of the year!, 5 April 2006
This review is from: The Godfather (PS2) (Video Game)
This game is brillent! I have never seen the films of the godfather, but you still will love this game! It's got all the aspects of grandtheft auto, where it's got a massive city to travel through, once you completed the story of the game there's still loads to do, Being able to choose the apperence of your charachter and loads of wepons and safehouses to buy. In a nut shell it's great (but unfortantly does not compare to san andreas).
There are a few downsides though: Unlike G.T.A, you can't have other men to follow you to help you. There's only about 5 different cars to choose from in the whole game (but it is set in the 1950's). There's no comedy in it.
But to end on a postive note: the combat is brillent (wished G.T.A had it), so many moves you can use, just brillent!

Saw 2 [DVD]
Saw 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Donnie Wahlberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original!, 22 Mar. 2006
This review is from: Saw 2 [DVD] (DVD)
When I first heard about saw 2, I got worried becuase I would assume it would be a very bad sequal, just like all other horror sequal films. The orignal was so great though and I hadn't seen good horror film like this for years (I'm sure it will become a classic).
First few seconds of the film I really enjoyed, but 10 minutes in I started to dislike it... Then 20 mins in... I was hooked...
There's so many twists and mysterys in this film, which made me hooked! And it isn't just full of blood and gore (like most sequals). I loved the ending, it was better then the orignal! I mean what a twist, I never saw it comming! I also enjoyed seeing the actors back in the sequal (well... The one's who didn't die).
This film really made me think (even if it was a horror). The only thing I was dissponited about was that it wasn't as scary as the orignal, but that might just be me!
You must see this you won't be dissapointed! I recommed seeing the orignal first though, since you will need some background info.

24 the Game (PS2)
24 the Game (PS2)
Offered by DVDBayFBA

4.0 out of 5 stars overatted, but give it a chance, 18 Mar. 2006
This review is from: 24 the Game (PS2) (Video Game)
If this game wasn't promoted so much, and so many adverts, I would have given it 5 stars. It should be off the hook! But it's a pretty fairly good game though! Nothing amazing like GTA, gameplay= O.K Story= Great. They seemed to constnrate more on making just like 24, but thats where they went wrong, because they forgot about the actuall gameplay!
For 24 fans this is a must though!
Non-24 fans, rent it before you buy!

Sony PSP Handheld Console Value Pack, Includes Memory Stick, Battery Pack, Headphones, Demo Disc and More

5.0 out of 5 stars This IS the best handheld (but expensive), 12 Mar. 2006
I am gald I brought this, but I'm very worried that in a year and a half from now, there will be a whole better version (like what happened to my N-GAGE). they really do need to put out more games! And good ones. I can only think of a couple of games comming out, and theres only 3 I really want (Godfather, Lemmings and Tomb raider (but i would rather have it on PS2)).
Good things are:
Graphics are fantastic (the best bit) some games are great (GTA), battery lasts for a while, nice size (people with bigger hands like me, need to but a grip thing, because it will hurt your fingers), good selection of movies to watch, can get internet access wireless, and good clear sound, easy to switch on and play (if your the middle of a game, and turn it off, you can leave it for weeks, turn it back on and your in the same position) Love that!
Bad things are:
Games can take a while to load, It get's scratched very easily, I'm finding it hard to put music onto it.
The games I have so far are:
Gta: Game: 10/10 Graphics: 10/10
Metal gear acid: Game 7/10 Graphics 9/10
Pro evoultion: Game 8/10 Graphics: 8/10
WWF: Game: 10/10 Graphics 10/10
Star wars: Game 8/10 Graphics 8/10
If you are willing to pay out a lot of money, this is for you. But if your not stick to DS!

Page: 1 | 2