Profile for C E RAWLINGS > Reviews

C E RAWLINGS

100 Hits Children's Favourites
100 Hits Children's Favourites

5.0 out of 5 stars favourites, 16 Dec 2013
It is called Children's Favourites, but it is also about being Grandad's Favourites. Do not expect nursery rhyme type songs. I've heard enough of them in their various forms. These are the original recordings by the original artists. Do you want to hear "Champion The Wonder Horse"? "Don't Jump Off The Roof Dad"? A new generation of children will hopefully hear these and learn them - as I have. FANTASTIC AND WONDERFUL.

Progeny: The Progenitor Trilogy, Book Three (Progenitors Universe)
Progeny: The Progenitor Trilogy, Book Three (Progenitors Universe)

2.0 out of 5 stars progenitor trilogy book three, 20 Sep 2013
The writing is quite good, and the theme is very long term [billions of years] but the book was very much of the same type as the previous two books. I bought it because I'd read the previous two books and wanted to know how the trilogy ended. After a while I stopped caring, because the space battles all seemed the tedious same, and the whole story seemed to stall. I skipped to the end to see the end result. This seemed contrived and "as if by magic", although, since I'd skipped so many pages, maybe there was a sensible reason that humanity won in the end. I am left with a feeling that this trilogy was one book too long and the contents could have been changed somewhat and the trilogy reduced to two books. A pity.

Underworld: Awakening [DVD]
Underworld: Awakening [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kate Beckinsale

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good - far from it, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Underworld: Awakening [DVD] (DVD)
I chose this because I'd received the previous ones as a present and thought this would be good - it wasn't. Possibly the two star rating is rather generous. I wouldn't give this as a gift. The story is far-fetched [even allowing for the far-fetched nature of the genre] and the photography is way too dark. A pity, given previous films.