Profile for Meena > Reviews

Meena (Oxford, UK)

TP-Link TL-WN722NC 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter
TP-Link TL-WN722NC 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wireless booster, good value for money, 18 Oct 2012
I bought this USB wireless booster as my study is very far away from the wireless router in my house. It was easy to install, I just put in the CD and then plugged in the receiver. Now I have full connectivity in my study, and the connection is strong enough to maintain iplayer streams and also my work VPN connection (which would be regularly dropped before using the booster). I don't play computer games so I don't know if it could cope with that, but it's certainly enough for my needs, and is excellent value for money. It comes with a little base so I put the receiver on the base and then plugged in the base to my laptop - this is a nice touch as the receiver itself is fairly big (not that big, but certainly larger than a typical USB stick) so now it can be put out of the way. If you wanted to carry the receiver around with you, this wouldn't be a problem, it would fit into a pencil case.

PRISMA A1 + A2 Fusión. Nivel Inicial: Método de español para extranjeros / Libro del alumno - Kursbuch mit integrierter Audio-CD und Lektionswortschatz

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Spanish immersion textbook, 26 Dec 2010
This was the core textbook for the Spanish course I took. It's entirely in Spanish so might be difficult to use as a teach-yourself Spanish book, but worked really well as a textbook for the class. The content is very thorough and the book is well laid-out, nicely illustrated and interesting to use. There are lots of activities and exercises to make the learning fun. The downside is the wordlist it comes with - this is in German so not much use if you want to translate between English and Spanish. But apart from that it's a good textbook to use for classes and looks like it will get your Spanish to a decent level. There are accompanying instructor books and worksheets that our teacher used, which worked well in tandem with the book.

How to Solve Cryptic Crosswords
How to Solve Cryptic Crosswords
by Kevin Skinner

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book!, 24 Sep 2010
We are cryptic crossword beginners and found this really great value book very helpful indeed. After reading the chapters and practising the techniques in the example crosswords in the book, we were able to solve the Observer and Guardian weekday cryptic crosswords. The explanations in the book are very simple and easy to follow and so we were able to pick up the skills quickly. Thoroughly recommmended to anyone who has been completely baffled by cryptic clues in the past - now they'll make sense!

Western Digital My Passport Essential 250GB Ultra Portable USB Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great portable hard drive, 18 May 2010
Really reliable and easy to use plug and go portable hard drive. Very dependable and lightweight.

Samsung SE-S084C, External USB 2.0 Slimline 8X DVD Writer, Black
Samsung SE-S084C, External USB 2.0 Slimline 8X DVD Writer, Black
Offered by Zolzoom LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Portable CD writer, 18 May 2010
Light and portable, works perfectly as a DVD/CD player. CD software didn't want to load from the disc.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop sleeve, 18 May 2010
Really nice and soft sleeve for laptops - has kept my laptop really scratch-proof and shiny!

Front Mesh Wire Basket With Quick Release Bracket
Front Mesh Wire Basket With Quick Release Bracket

4.0 out of 5 stars Really great value, 1 Jan 2010
A really easy to install and use bicycle basket that can also be removed and used as a portable basket. Particularly useful for shopping! Great value and very speedy delivery too.