Profile for C. Allen > Reviews

Content by C. Allen

C. Allen (Dorking, Surrey United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Practice Makes Perfect Complete Spanish Grammar 2/E (ENHANCED EBOOK)
Practice Makes Perfect Complete Spanish Grammar 2/E (ENHANCED EBOOK)

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Rubbish, 21 Feb 2014
Half of the point of this book is to be able to "fill in the blanks" which is most of the book. You can't print out the pages to fill them in as the Kindle won't let you. The only thing you can do is add a note which you have to keep clicking if you want to see what you put. The audio doesn't work either. Waste of money - buy the paperback version.

Drupal Web Services
Drupal Web Services
by Trevor James

1.0 out of 5 stars Out of date, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: Drupal Web Services (Paperback)
This book is fairly useless now and was just another 'how to configure a module" book, many of the links no longer exist. The SOAP Client module is no longer available at all and book doesn't actually give you any useful information on how to consume/serve web services using your own code or your own module.

Vax U90-MA-R Air Reach Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U90-MA-R Air Reach Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 24 Sep 2013
This vacuum is oustanding. Even though it has less watts than my previous one (Samsung - rubbish) it does a much better job. It comes with all the attachments you need plus a brilliant mini revolving brush that fits onto the extension which does a great job, especially of the stairs. The extending hose does allow me to reach the top of the stairs without having to lug the vacuum with me. But even if I did it wouldn't be a much of a problem as it's so light. After first use I noticed the carpets did look a lot cleaner and even a different shade.

Can't fault this - buy one. I'm temped to buy another so I have one in reserve should anything happen to it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 July 2013
Looks very much the same as the Apple one but on close inspection you can see it's slightly cheaper looking. It also got very very hot when charging the MacBook from completely flat whilst using it at the same time. That said the adapter works perfectly and for only £16 compared to Apple's £65 (I think) it's a bargain. I see it's gone up now to £20 - still worth it.

Magento PHP Developer's Guide
Magento PHP Developer's Guide

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be good, 18 July 2013
I'm about half way through this book and have encountered the usual poor editing from Packt with the book containing quite a few errors and typos. Some of them I can figure out and fix but others require you to understand what's going on - which is the reason I bought the book but it's of no help as it's full of errors!

Even when you download the code from the Packt website it still doesn't work. I've looked at the Errata there and it's not got many corrections in and referrers to page numbers. Not much use on my Kindle addition as it doesn't show the page numbers on the location.

What's the point of releasing a book that's suppose to teach and inform that's full of errors and confusing?

How do I get my money back?

Strangeland
Strangeland

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Strangeland (Audio CD)
It's great to see them back their old form. I really enjoyed this album and was relieved they had dropped the style of the previous one. Looking forward to the next one.

The Absence
The Absence
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Another corker!, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Absence (Audio CD)
I've got Melody's other two albums and enjoyed them a lot so I thought I'd buy this one despite many of the reviews saying she'd changed her style. I see what they mean but it's still definitely Melody and not a huge departure from her other albums. I think this is a another great album.

Character World 200 x 200 cm One Direction Crush Double Panel Duvet Set
Character World 200 x 200 cm One Direction Crush Double Panel Duvet Set
Offered by LINEN IDEAS

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Jun 2013
My daughter is the OneD fan and spotted this duvet cover. I ordered it and it arrived quite quickly. It's good quality and washed well. My daughter thinks it's great which is the main thing. I was relieved it was as expected as I've ordered a few products for the children's rooms and the majority didn't live up to expectation. You'll be fine with this one - buy it any One D fan in your home.

ZAFOORAH® - Dark Pink / Hot Pink PENGUIN Design soft Silicone Gel Case Cover Fits Apple iPhone 4 4S S 4G including Free Screen Protector
Offered by ZAFOORAH

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty in Pink, 10 Jun 2013
I got this for my daughter. She was delighted with it. One thing to note though is that when you first get it it does smell quite strongly but the smell does fade quite quickly.

Brand New White USB Extension Cable Connector Lead, Computer accessory USB male to female cable For Apple iPhone 3g 3gs 4g 4gs 5 5c 5s touch 5 nano 7 iPad 1 iPad 2 iPad3 Other Smart Mobile Phone Mp3 Mp4 Mp5 PSP
Offered by Allske

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 10 Jun 2013
This is a waste of money. I thought this would be of similar quality to Apple products but it's not. It's cheap and nasty and doesn't make a proper connection with any USB device you plug into it. Buy a proper Apple one (which I have too).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3