Profile for C. Allen > Reviews

Content by C. Allen

C. Allen (Dorking, Surrey United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
DOUBLE 4FT6 BUDGET MATTRESS WIDTH 4FT6 (137cm) - LENGTH 6FT3 (190cm) (aprox sizes) BLUE CHECK CANDY FABRIC AS IN PHOTO
Offered by MR SLEEPS BEDS LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Great delivery time too, 20 Aug 2014
Very comfy considering it's a budget mattress. Certainly doesn't feel budget. Worth every penny. Great delivery time too.

Rexel Style+ Cross Cut 7-Sheet Paper / Credit Card Shredder with 12 L Pullout Bin and View Window

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Aug 2014
Excellent, does a great job and is pretty quiet. Just what we were looking for.

Dewalt 240V 10-inch 254mm Heavy-Duty Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Mitre Saw
Dewalt 240V 10-inch 254mm Heavy-Duty Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Mitre Saw

3.0 out of 5 stars It's pretty good but when cutting mitre joints so the head ..., 20 Aug 2014
It's pretty good but when cutting mitre joints so the head is tilted at 45 degrees it does not slide forwards and backwards very well at all so you can not get a smooth cut. Considering the price and what it's made to do I would've thought they would have made sure that that saw would slight forward and backward smoothly. Also it was not "square" I have to constantly adjust it so it cuts the correct angles i.e. true 90 degrees and 45 degrees and not follow the marking on the saw itself even after they've been adjusted.

Practice Makes Perfect Complete Spanish Grammar 2/E (ENHANCED EBOOK)
Practice Makes Perfect Complete Spanish Grammar 2/E (ENHANCED EBOOK)

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Rubbish, 21 Feb 2014
Half of the point of this book is to be able to "fill in the blanks" which is most of the book. You can't print out the pages to fill them in as the Kindle won't let you. The only thing you can do is add a note which you have to keep clicking if you want to see what you put. The audio doesn't work either. Waste of money - buy the paperback version.

Drupal Web Services
Drupal Web Services
by Trevor James

1.0 out of 5 stars Out of date, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: Drupal Web Services (Paperback)
This book is fairly useless now and was just another 'how to configure a module" book, many of the links no longer exist. The SOAP Client module is no longer available at all and book doesn't actually give you any useful information on how to consume/serve web services using your own code or your own module.

Vax U90-MA-R Air Reach Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U90-MA-R Air Reach Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by knight click

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 24 Sep 2013
This vacuum is oustanding. Even though it has less watts than my previous one (Samsung - rubbish) it does a much better job. It comes with all the attachments you need plus a brilliant mini revolving brush that fits onto the extension which does a great job, especially of the stairs. The extending hose does allow me to reach the top of the stairs without having to lug the vacuum with me. But even if I did it wouldn't be a much of a problem as it's so light. After first use I noticed the carpets did look a lot cleaner and even a different shade.

Can't fault this - buy one. I'm temped to buy another so I have one in reserve should anything happen to it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 July 2013
Looks very much the same as the Apple one but on close inspection you can see it's slightly cheaper looking. It also got very very hot when charging the MacBook from completely flat whilst using it at the same time. That said the adapter works perfectly and for only £16 compared to Apple's £65 (I think) it's a bargain. I see it's gone up now to £20 - still worth it.

Magento PHP Developer's Guide
Magento PHP Developer's Guide

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be good, 18 July 2013
I'm about half way through this book and have encountered the usual poor editing from Packt with the book containing quite a few errors and typos. Some of them I can figure out and fix but others require you to understand what's going on - which is the reason I bought the book but it's of no help as it's full of errors!

Even when you download the code from the Packt website it still doesn't work. I've looked at the Errata there and it's not got many corrections in and referrers to page numbers. Not much use on my Kindle addition as it doesn't show the page numbers on the location.

What's the point of releasing a book that's suppose to teach and inform that's full of errors and confusing?

How do I get my money back?

Strangeland
Strangeland

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Strangeland (Audio CD)
It's great to see them back their old form. I really enjoyed this album and was relieved they had dropped the style of the previous one. Looking forward to the next one.

The Absence
The Absence
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Another corker!, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Absence (Audio CD)
I've got Melody's other two albums and enjoyed them a lot so I thought I'd buy this one despite many of the reviews saying she'd changed her style. I see what they mean but it's still definitely Melody and not a huge departure from her other albums. I think this is a another great album.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4