Profile for L. Klaschka > Reviews

Content by L. Klaschka

L. Klaschka (UK)

Before the Fall: Arrival (Embassy Row)
Before the Fall: Arrival (Embassy Row)

3.0 out of 5 stars More of the same really, 26 Jan. 2016
Ally seems to have themes and events for every book regardless of the series.
Young girls
Loss
Spying
Rich friends
Ignoring adults etc.

The Complete Tawny Man Trilogy: Fool's Errand, The Golden Fool, Fool's Fate
The Complete Tawny Man Trilogy: Fool's Errand, The Golden Fool, Fool's Fate

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic series must read, 26 Jan. 2016
One of my new favorite authors and book series. Filled with laughter tragedy and so much more. You need to read all the Fitz books they are extremely well written

'Wolverine: The Amazing Story of Marvel's Most Dangerous Mutant (Superhero Sagas Book 6)

2.0 out of 5 stars loads of history and stories missing., 31 July 2014
Far too many spelling mistakes, does no one proof read anymore? Also there are loads of stories about Wolverine left out of this book and therefore this is an incomplete history.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
Offered by DVDBayFBA

4.0 out of 5 stars UK Wii Tour Demo Fun, 20 Nov. 2006
Please note that this review is based on my experience of the game at the UK Wii Tour. The queue was huge, so after 3 hours I finally got my hands on the game. The people running the demo version gave me no idea as to how to play the game on the Wiimote and Nunchuk so I muddled on through with an entirely alien controller. It didn't take long to get some idea of how the game was played, and during the very short time I was allowed to play it (about 5 minutes) I started to get a feel for the controls. I firmly believe that given more time the controls would have felt like second nature - my only complaint was that the Wiimote pointer really is very sensitive to the slightest wobble so anyone with Parkinsons disease or younger children like my daughter may have problems aiming with the bow.

The graphics are of a very high quality, despite this being a port of the Gamecube version. I'm lead to believe that the graphics have been tweaked slightly for the Wii, but I cannot guarrentte that fact. Irrespective, this is the best looking Zelda game you will see so far unless you are in love with Cell Shading. The sound was sadly disrupted by being in a huge shopping centre - so I have no solid comments.

The two demo levels were part of a dungeon leading to a giant fire boss and a sedate fishing trip. The fishing trip seemed far too sedate and uninspiring although the use of the controls were refreshingly new. Litterally throwing out your line by flipping the controler forwards, then pulling back on the controller while winding with the nunchucka by spinning it around! The dungeon extract was classic Zelda, using a boomerang, a bow and magnetic boots. There was also quite a few routes around the small area.

I'm getting the game as soon as I can afford it. I know that the game contains far more than what I have described, but I felt a review on what I have experienced and actually seen being played is far fairer than a review based on some pictures in a magazine, a review on a website and some thoughts based on previous Zelda games.